+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    Hi! Can I join too? I have a 7 week old, 3yo and 5yo. Can I just say thank goodness for childcare! DD and DS1 go 3 days a week and my DH does drop off and pick up on way to and from work, so these days are bliss for me! And DH doesn't work weekends so it is really only 2 days a week of chaos for me.
    I've just started SOS routine with DS2 and it seems to be working a treat! My other 2 were terrible sleepers from 4-12 months (DD still isn't great) so I'm hoping to not repeat that this time.
    My DS1 and DD entertain each other a bit which helps, although they are really noisy which can make life difficult with a newborn.
    I'm feeling quite positive today, but I think that is just because DH is here to help me!
    Are you following the SOS settling advice too or just the schedules?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just had a small win... DS & DD are both asleep at the same time! Praise the lord!!! I need some peace, DS is teething (2yr old molars) and he's absolutely miserable! I had to get nurofen in him using his yoghurt, poor monkey! DD Would only sleep on me this morning so really need a break!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Just had a small win... DS & DD are both asleep at the same time! Praise the lord!!! I need some peace, DS is teething (2yr old molars) and he's absolutely miserable! I had to get nurofen in him using his yoghurt, poor monkey! DD Would only sleep on me this morning so really need a break!
    Good job! Gotta love it when that happens! The dilemma then is do you have a nap yourself, get some housework done or do something relaxing / just for you....?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Good job! Gotta love it when that happens! The dilemma then is do you have a nap yourself, get some housework done or do something relaxing / just for you....?
    I've opted for sitting on the couch trying not to think!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    @Cue how many days a week do you send your DD to daycare?

My DD goes 2 days atm and she loves it too but wasn't sure if I should reduce or add an extra day when the baby arrives... Or just leave things as are.
    DD goes 3 days a week (Mon/Tues/Thurs). If I absolutely had to drop down to 2 days I would drop the Monday, that way I don't have them both on my own for 2 days in a row. DD goes stir-crazy when she's at home too much so 3 days in daycare seems to work well for all of us.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will be in a similar boat soon. I have an 18mnth old and I am 19wks pregnant. I am nervous about how I will handle it and intend to rely heavily on my many carriers to get me through. Till, then, I can definitely sympathise. My DD hated the car and had silent reflux as a little bub so I had a baby in no routine but what she chose who wasn't often put down and was a massive mummy's girl so only went to dad when she was happy. It was hard. hang in there and vent as much as you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Are you following the SOS settling advice too or just the schedules?
    Both - kind of! DS2 self settles quite well if I catch him at the right amount of tired/sleepy but not past it. So often (usually) I have to put him down for sleep before the suggested time, but he will usually sleep until the next feed time. I do leave him for the suggested 4 mins before I go in and settle him, but he's not really a screamer, more of a grizzler so it isn't usually too hard. My other 2 were screamers so I don't think it would have been as straight forward with them. But if I go to put him down and he's really crying straight away, I just forget it and settle him until he's asleep then put him down.
    He is 7 weeks and I'm following the 4-6 week routine at the moment, I'm bf'ing, but not expressing when she says as I'm pretty sure we're past the 6 week growth spurt.
    Main issue for me is he wakes early (I think probably too cold at 5am and haven't figured out exactly how to fix it yet), and it is tricky if he wakes before due for next feed, yesterday took all 3 out for a walk just to get him to have a bit more sleep in the morning.
    Have still been using the dummy from time to time too, either to settle or resettle when he wakes too early.
    We've had 4 days basically at home all day to get this sorted, but the next few days will be out and about a lot more, so hoping we can stick to it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My toddler is now 3 and my bub is nearly 9 months. What helped me was full time daycare! I waited until bub was about 3 months before I slowly started winding the number of days back. Is it possible to put your toddler in care for at least a couple of days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    My toddler is now 3 and my bub is nearly 9 months. What helped me was full time daycare! I waited until bub was about 3 months before I slowly started winding the number of days back. Is it possible to put your toddler in care for at least a couple of days?
    She's with her grandparents 2 days a week, which helps, but still 3 days alone with her is still too much. Still trying to get 1 day at child care as well though

Thanks
    Reviews
    So we had a family day out today. It wasn't exactly relaxing! DS spewed everywhere twice (all over himself and his wrap) and was a bit grumpy, and DD was running around like a wild child. We surrendered just after lunch and came home. A bit ambitious I think! Might wait until DS is a few months older before we try that again.