+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm the same as Shani... A 21month DS old & a 6 week old DD... My DH works away and went back to work for the first time on Wednesday... It's been a big challenge! Biggest one is getting DD to sleep while DS is around!

Also the tantrums... Could live without those! And the cluster feeding DD likes to do at the wrong times!

Bath time, and bed time is also a massive juggle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post

I did learn with DD that this too shall pass, so I get that, but being in the now is hard. I want to enjoy now but find it impossible.
    Ditto. I wanted to enjoy that time not just survive it. I had maybe one "good" day a week when they weren't both crying/peeing/pooping at the same time. I hated leaving one to cry to tend to the other... I did/do carry bub in a ring sling but it's hard to clean a toddler's poopie bum with a newborn on your front. Many times I thought "I can't do two" ... used to text it to hubby in ALL CAPS at times. And I really wanted to enjoy my time with our new bubba. In the end I think I went from surviving to managing and now with bub at 3 months I have more good days than bad.
    Last edited by debsch; 15-11-2014 at 11:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I join? My DS1 is 27 months (terrible twos!) and DS2 is 16 weeks. It sure is hard work! Luckily DS2 is a cruisy baby because DS1 is full on at the moment. 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing I have a nearly 3 year old DD and an due in a few weeks with a DS. No idea how to handle a newborn whilst dealing with a toddler!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    3yo DD and 16wk DS over here. It's tough! We're also dealing with CMPI and now croup, so it's all just a bit stressful at the moment.

Daycare is my saviour, and I think DDs as well. She loves it there and gets lots of interaction.
    @Cue how many days a week do you send your DD to daycare?

My DD goes 2 days atm and she loves it too but wasn't sure if I should reduce or add an extra day when the baby arrives... Or just leave things as are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm going to leave my three year old at two days

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Hi all,

I have a 2.5 year old DD and a 7 week old DS and I'm struggling big time.

Between DDs tantrums and crying over minuscule things every 5 minutes every single day and a newborn who suffers from wind and stomach issues and who isn't on any kind of predictable routine, it's not much fun.

It's boring to stay home, it's too hard to get two kids out of the house, who else is in the same boat? How do you manage it? Or are you like me and you just don't?

I did learn with DD that this too shall pass, so I get that, but being in the now is hard. I want to enjoy now but find it impossible.

Trying to get DS to settle is a nightmare with DD making so much noise and vying for my attention too..... And this is whole I still feed and / or rock him to sleep, I haven't even tried putting him down and patting him in his cot method of settling yet.... Le sigh!

I guess I'm just looking for other in the same situation to vent with me, this is a safe place to be heard, offer a suggestions of what may work for you. I know there's a lot of you other there.....

Oh and big hugs to all in the same boat!
    Hey A-squared. It is very hard with two little ones. Mine are a similar age to yours and it's been quite an adjustment for me.

My main issue is keeping my DS1 entertained while feeding/changing DS2. The tantrums are a nightmare too, just like your DD.

I just try to have a loose schedule with the boys, so we're doing things around the same time each day. I try to take the boys out to activities or the park every morning. It's hard taking them out but I just do it, even if I don't want to. I usually feel better once I'm out and I usually enjoy the adult company/conversations.. Usually with strangers lol!

I'm living by the motto 'what's the worst that could happen'. Jeepers- the house is a mess, the boys won't sleep, they haven't had a really great lunch, the tv's on again, they haven't been out... Insert motto.

Now if only i could have 5 minutes to myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Can I join too? I have a 7 week old, 3yo and 5yo. Can I just say thank goodness for childcare! DD and DS1 go 3 days a week and my DH does drop off and pick up on way to and from work, so these days are bliss for me! And DH doesn't work weekends so it is really only 2 days a week of chaos for me.
    I've just started SOS routine with DS2 and it seems to be working a treat! My other 2 were terrible sleepers from 4-12 months (DD still isn't great) so I'm hoping to not repeat that this time.
    My DS1 and DD entertain each other a bit which helps, although they are really noisy which can make life difficult with a newborn.
    I'm feeling quite positive today, but I think that is just because DH is here to help me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing I have a 21 month old dd and due with ds in less than a week.
    Im so scared of how tough it will be but look forward to being able to vent and some advice to help me cope!
    On a positive note.. it wont be like this forever... right??!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you're talking about! I have 4,5yo, 3yo and 3months, all boys. And on my own for a month and some, husband on working trip. I had already a big trial when my second came around, now I arranged fot my sister to come for the birth and she stayed for 2 months after (she lives in Spain). It was really a blessing.
    As of how to deal with a toddler, I find it useful to give him full attention whenever possible, so he won't feel rejected. Even when I breastfed my second one, I always asked my older if he wants to come and have cuddle with us, or just sit next to me. I often told him nice things, as how he is my great, nice little boy, listed all the things he is doing and that make me proud/happy.
    Now it is a bit different, cause 2 older can occupy each other often (mind you, sometimes it means a big mess and things that shouldn't been done, as I am breastfeeding and it is evening, so I cannot yell near the ear of the newborn, even though I know they are misbehaving seriously). I do one day at a time. Also, childcare 3 days a week is a life saver.