+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    My DS is going through a bit of a patch of waking more of late too. He is just getting over a cold so maybe that is the cause. Or is there some kind of 6 month sleep regression that I don't know about???
    If I feed him he goes straight back into a really deep sleep where I can't even wake him up enough to get a burp out, but then wakes again a couple of hours later. Driving me a bit crazy!
    DS used to go straight back to sleep but now he sleeps at the boob then wakes about 3-10 minutes later. Sometimes he settles when I hold him up as he needs to burp, others I have to feed him again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are not at that age yet so no sleep regression..... Just a 3yr old that isn't sleeping well, the 4wk old is sleeping though... Aghhh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    So does anyone have their baby on a schedule? If so what is it (feeds, solids and sleeps) and how do you fit your toddlers activities and housework around it?

I want to implement one as DSs sleeps are terrible but that's pretty much because he's always overtired as I have places to take DD to or I'm tending to her in some way, shape or form.

I can't deal with him pretty much only sleeping in the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS2's schedule is maybe not totally normal for 6 months as we have to work around school drop off, but here is:
    Wake up somewhere between 6 and 7am
    Bf about 7:30
    I don't do breakfast yet, but probably should.
    9am - Sleep- usually 1.5 to 2 hrs
    11am bf
    12pm ish- lunch
    1pm- sleep - length varies a bit, but max 1.5hrs because of school run
    2:30- bf
    4:30-occasionally extra bf
    5pm- dinner
    5:30- bath then bf
    6:30- bed

He is sleeping terribly at night at the moment, not sure if the day routine is to blame, just can't quite work out what is going on with him.
    I'm doing BLW so he isn't really eating a significant amount of solids yet.
    The only activity that toddler does is swimming which is at 3pm. Occasionally we might go out when he wakes at 11am, and be home before 1pm (she usually has a sleep at about 1pm too).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks @LittleBug'sMum! Sounds similar to what I try and implement but it rarely comes off!

How does he settle to sleep?

My DS feeds to sleep which really is starting to no longer work for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS mostly self settles, sometimes he needs a pat, occasionally if he's really unsettled I might feed him to sleep, but I try not to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.. I have a 16month old and an 8.5 week old and we have been travelling well for a while now but lately things are starting to become unpleasant with my toddler.

Something simple like going to do the grocery shopping is become so painful. She is starting to purposely hit Bub in the face or take her blanket and she just doesn't want to sit still. I know it's purposefully cause she looks at me when she hits and says "owww"

I have tried distracting her, ignoring her plus lots of other things I don't want to just feed her food to shut her up and we are not keen on giving our children phones/iPads to keep them quiet either. Grrr it is really getting painful and I end up getting so annoyed at her. I can't baby wear either so any ideas? Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi, congratulations on your new bub!

I had a lot of trouble with DD who was 2.5 in the weeks leading up to DSs birth and for 4/5 months afterwards so I can completely sympathise. Though the only thing that seems to work with DD is the iPhone and iPad, so I'm no help there sorry. Hopefully some others may have some good suggestions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Soon2be4! I have a bit bigger age gap between my babies, so I'm not sure if my suggestions will be much help, but I often tell my DD she needs to help me look after baby, and talk about how much he loves his big sister etc. She still can get a bit rough with him, but now he's 6 months I think he kind of enjoys it.
    She also has a doll that she used to breastfeed when I was feeding DS2.
    I think things become easier when bub starts laughing and smiling, my older 2 now spend most of the time trying to get the baby to laugh.
    Cut yourself some slack, it is not easy with a new baby and even harder with a toddler as well, no one wants to use TV/ IPAD etc to keep the toddler occupied, but sometimes these are the only things that will save your sanity.
    If you can get someone to look after the toddler for a few hrs a week, or even some childcare it can really help.
    I almost never go to the supermarket with my kids, I send DH or do online shopping mostly.
    Hope some of that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ll be joining soon I have a 3.5 yo ds and 2yo dd and bub due in 9days eeek. I don't remember much how I coped when dd was baby. But ds was always great kid, slept well and loved his naps. No tantrums but to this day doesnt want to feed himself if its meal that needs a spoon to eat. So I spoon feed both ds and dd meals that need spoon at the same time. I guess when bub comes they ll have to stop being lazy about it. Both sleep well overnight and dont have any daytime naps anymore and ds goes to preschool two half days a week. I m expecting hard times but this time I m lucky dh has six weeks off as he had no time off work when dd was born..