+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @GM01 I've never been able work out feeding in a carrier, there are tutorials on the net though... There is a baby wearing expo coming up in Perth (I'll find details) might be worth going to for pointers:-) if my DD has to stay in her brace longer I think I'll get back into wearing her.

My toddler has been waking in the early morning, 5am this morning... It's driving me nuts, he's always been a great sleeper!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    You are my twin!!! I feel like no one wins. Not me, not DD or DS. I can't wait til I can get DS on a bottle and a schedule but funding a schedule that works around having a toddler to take places is near impossible!

Welcome to the other new posters too.

My best tip and whilst it's not for everyone. DD has the TV and iPad to keep her company while I'm in with DS feeding him to sleep. It keeps her away from the room so she doesn't wake him up. She has far too much screen time but my greatest need right now is to just survive this first year. It's not ideal but no one is dead and I consider that a huge WIN!
    I too cope by giving DD1 TV (a Hi5 DV)D when I am feeding. It is way more screen time than I am comfortable with, but if I don't she gets antsy from lack of attention and is liable to try and hurt the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies!

My dd1 has too much screen time too, but she does get out to other activities and kindy as much as possible, sometimes we have to do these things to get other things done eg feeding etc!!!!

I've never had a baby carrier, but thinking maybe it's a good idea. It's so hot up here in Qld at the moment though and I'm scared dd2 would get too hot, plus I'm quite "round" at the moment, maybe it wouldn't fit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's been ages since I posted. DS is almost 8mo now (yikes!) and DD is 3.5yrs. I feel like I'm fairly one top of it all now, it's still a juggle and it's not easy, but I'm used to it now. I think it started getting a lot easier when DS was around 5mo. Despite some ongoing health issues (hopefully it's nothing serious, still doing tests) he's a really chilled and happy boy so I got lucky there! I'm also very fortunate that DD absolutely loves her little bro and he adores her. They both just light up when they see each other, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

DD definitely watches more TV than she probably should, but we also get out a fair bit to play dates, swimming and play group. She also goes to daycare 3 days and when he's well enough DS goes 2 days a week (I'm going back to work some time in May/June).

It's definitely hard when DD chucks a tantrum in a carpark while I've DS on one hip and bags in the other hand! Also when they are both waking at night I feel like a total zombie. All part of the gig though and I'm definitely coping better these days.

So to those just about to have #2 don't worry too much! It does get easier

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (20-03-2015),Leafy  (21-03-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    On Wednesday I felt like I was on top of this parenting a toddler and infant thing. We were at a playground for the toddler and I had to feed the bub. I ended up feeding while standing up and walking around to help DD1. Never done that before.

Then the next day I was changing DD2 and DD1 was playing in her cot. She leaned over the side and before I could tell her to stop she toppled over and banged her head on the ground. Not my most stellar parenting moment.

Right now I am sitting on the couch with a sooky DD1 on my lap rocking DD2's bassinet with my foot.

What tricky things have you been doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSS View Post
    Hi ladies!

My dd1 has too much screen time too, but she does get out to other activities and kindy as much as possible, sometimes we have to do these things to get other things done eg feeding etc!!!!

I've never had a baby carrier, but thinking maybe it's a good idea. It's so hot up here in Qld at the moment though and I'm scared dd2 would get too hot, plus I'm quite "round" at the moment, maybe it wouldn't fit!
    There is a way of carrying your baby that suits every shape and size. If you can find a local meet in your area you could try a few different types and see if you like any. Some carrier options will be cooler than others too. I am counting on my numerous carriers to save my sanity in a few weeks when my bub arrives.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Are people's babies getting easier or harder?

My DS is so much more difficult and waking more now at 6 months than he was as a newborn.

Thankfully DD is getting much better and having less tantrums and living DS more each day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Are people's babies getting easier or harder?

My DS is so much more difficult and waking more now at 6 months than he was as a newborn.

Thankfully DD is getting much better and having less tantrums and living DS more each day
    My DS is going through a bit of a patch of waking more of late too. He is just getting over a cold so maybe that is the cause. Or is there some kind of 6 month sleep regression that I don't know about???
    If I feed him he goes straight back into a really deep sleep where I can't even wake him up enough to get a burp out, but then wakes again a couple of hours later. Driving me a bit crazy!