+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok, you guys are kinda freaking me out now! I'm due with bub #2 in August and my dd will be 3years/5months by then. If any of you have picked up any hints along the way.....please share!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think I should have read this thread. I was feeling quite calm about #2 coming along until now.

Due in August and DS will be 5 by then. He goes to Kindy 3days per week. Im hoping because he's older that I should be ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, this thread is my life! I'd love to join too! I have a 7wk old DS and 21mth old DD. Like a few ladies above my first was IVF and second was a huge surprise and a much smaller age gap than I had planned! But we are managing (just!). DD is starting to be a bit challenging and I find I'm feeling guilty bc I'm not spending as much time with her and I feel like I'm constantly telling her no don't do this/that. DS is very unsettled so we are also trying to get that figured out. He is on no schedule or routine and wants to be held constantly. I have a wonderfully supportive DH but he is at work 7-5 so the days are long without him! Only 2 sleeps til the weekend

Curious to know at what age (of your youngest) did you feel like things started getting more under control? I have 12 wks in my head but if it's longer I need to prepare myself!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I join? Don't have a toddler but I have a newborn and a dog that sure acts like a toddler needing lots of attention!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I be a member too, I have an 11 day old baby and a three and a half year old. I also have two older children aged 14 (nearly 15) & 10. I am finding it super hard ATM with the three year old and the baby. The gap between my other three was a lot bigger, they were all going to school when the next baby was born. I have to say I found the bigger gap so much easier. Hope it gets easier as time goes on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This group fits me too. I have a 28 month DD and an 8 week old. It's certainly challenging as one of them always needs something, if not both of them at once. I find it hard enough just to make dinner let alone anything else around the house. The hardest thing for me is I feel like they are both losing out. DD1 doesn't get much individual time anymore and is often getting growled at for her behaviour around DD2, and DD2 gets very little face to face time as when I'm not feeding or changing her I'm trying to focus on DD1 or do done chore (such as make lunch or go to the toilet).

I don't think I could handle more than 2!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    This group fits me too. I have a 28 month DD and an 8 week old. It's certainly challenging as one of them always needs something, if not both of them at once. I find it hard enough just to make dinner let alone anything else around the house. The hardest thing for me is I feel like they are both losing out. DD1 doesn't get much individual time anymore and is often getting growled at for her behaviour around DD2, and DD2 gets very little face to face time as when I'm not feeding or changing her I'm trying to focus on DD1 or do done chore (such as make lunch or go to the toilet).

Yes I could have written this! DD is 2.5 corrected and DS is 3 months, I feel like I'm growling at DD lots, and DS gets out in his bouncer very often between feeds.
    Feeding DS and DD wanting something is a nightmare, especially as I've had lots of feeding issues so can't just unlatch and re-latch easily!

Parenting a toddler and a baby is hard work!!

If anyone has any tips for managing feeding with toddler wanting things throw them my way, please!

Does anyone feed while bub is in a carrier?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

Leafy  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post

You are my twin!!! I feel like no one wins. Not me, not DD or DS. I can't wait til I can get DS on a bottle and a schedule but funding a schedule that works around having a toddler to take places is near impossible!

Welcome to the other new posters too.

My best tip and whilst it's not for everyone. DD has the TV and iPad to keep her company while I'm in with DS feeding him to sleep. It keeps her away from the room so she doesn't wake him up. She has far too much screen time but my greatest need right now is to just survive this first year. It's not ideal but no one is dead and I consider that a huge WIN!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Leafy  (20-03-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-03-2015),MrsSS  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should join 😁 been reading along and I'm scared! I have a just turned 2 year old DD and this one is due in 10 weeks. Gap will be 2.3 years.

Glad I'll have others in the same boat 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post

If anyone has any tips for managing feeding with toddler wanting things throw them my way, please!

Does anyone feed while bub is in a carrier?
    My second bub isn't due until August but one of my friends who I catch up with at playgroup every week does BF her son in her Manduca carrier a lot and it looks soooo handy! She just pops him on and just stands there slightly bouncing him from foot to foot while talking to everyone, you really cannot see a thing, it's so discreet! I'm definitely going to be asking her for pointers when my bub arrives though I'm sure there are probably instructional videos on YouTube .....there always is!