+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 3 and a half year old, a 2 and a half year old, and am due to have bub in 3 and a half weeks!!! Fun times ahead !!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just dropped DS off at daycare, he goes for 3hrs every Wednesday... The drop off is s nightmare, he screams blue murder until I walk 5 steps away from him & then he's fine!! I'm supposed to be vacuuming but can't be bothered! Just had a leisurely coffee, some breakfast & went to the toilet alone & DD is sleeping so well (touch wood) with her brothers noise in the house!

I'm lucky in a way with my hubby working away as when he's home I can escape & get stuff done without the kids while he looks after them... It's hard work whiles he's gone but with a bit of routine & plenty of play dates it goes quickly :-)

My biggest challenge has been BFing DD while DS wants attention & getting DD to sleep well during the day with DS around.

I got a great double pram to be able to transport them both, it's been a life saver, but at the moment we can't use as DD is in a brace for hip dysplasia, hopefully she will be only on it for nights & naps after next check up (2 weeks away) as I feel very isolated not being able to get out & about as much 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a toddler turning 2 in May, 2nd one due June...must say I'm hoping baby no 2 is different to no 1...she was very unsettled, constant crying, not a good sleeper or feeder. Beautiful and lovely, but I just don't know how I could help another baby like that with a toddler running around! Nice to read some stories of how other mums cope though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    Some days are better than others here. My two are now 6 months and three, I used to be able to go to the shops and things on my own with one but with two it's not even worth the effort. I only go out to the shops if I'm meeting someone who can help me out. We've just started dd1 in preschool this year and it's her first time in care, but I've been trying to get the groceries done while she's there. It's only 3 hours a week though so over all too quickly. Other than that we do dd1 swimming lessons and I take bub in too which she adores (dd1 does a lesson with no parents since her birthday). And dd1 also does dancing another day.

I always wanted three, but 2 is hard work and I'm not sure I'm up to it!
    I've got 2 words for you- online shopping!
    I do Coles online (free delivery on Wednesdays) I get a fruit and veg box delivered each week, the only place I go, or sometimes send DH on the weekend is the butcher.
    Save your 3 hrs for some rest/me time!

Things are feeling a bit better for me today, DD is at childcare, DS2 is sleeping a bit better. Had a bout if mastitis earlier in the week which made everything seem way too hard, but over that now, so feeling heaps better.
    For those thinking of a third, it is hard work, and I really do have some bad days, but I wouldn't give any of mine back. TBH if I had unlimited funds and could afford a Nanny, I think I would have 3 more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    @AmyEL I feel that same isolation. We do have playgroup Monday mornings, catch up with mums group friends on Wednesday mornings, but two other days it's just me and DS and Fridays I have no available friends, so 3 days a week I get barely any adult contact. I'm booooooored!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vogue Mumma View Post
    I have a 3 and a half year old, a 2 and a half year old, and am due to have bub in 3 and a half weeks!!! Fun times ahead !!!!
    Oh that sounds like it is going to be so full on! I hope you've got some help...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just had bub (she's 3 weeks old) and my little boy is 23 months, I also have two at primary school 🙀 So far it's been a struggle as my baby suffers from silent reflux so she requires a lot of attention which DS is struggling with. He isn't going to daycare and doesn't do any activities so I was thinking of joining little sports or something similar so we can get out of the house at least once a week!
    School drop off/pick up can be difficult especially if the baby or toddler is sleeping or if the baby is unsettled. My bigger kids are amazing helpers and my DH is wonderful. I think once we get through the reflux issues and DD has a bit more of a routine it should be a lot easier. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    Oh that sounds like it is going to be so full on! I hope you've got some help...
    Nope! But I love a challenge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    @AmyEL I feel that same isolation. We do have playgroup Monday mornings, catch up with mums group friends on Wednesday mornings, but two other days it's just me and DS and Fridays I have no available friends, so 3 days a week I get barely any adult contact. I'm booooooored!
    Every second Tuesday is a killer for me... We used to have playgroup & then DH was home the next day, it was sort of my mini milestone, if I got to Tuesday I'd survived another week... but we recently swapped to Monday's for playgroup & it feels like I have an extra day in my week while DH is away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ds is 3, dd is 3 month old, I'm surprised we are survived til now :'( ....totally nightmare with two at home....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jdelson For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (20-03-2015)