+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    How is everyone going?

I'm really struggling today. Every day seems to get harder, not easier!

My main frustration is DS who is almost 6 months old definitely doesn't sleep too well if he's awake for too long and right now he can only do 2 hours awake at a time. Problem is this doesn't leave enough time to be able to take DD who just turned 3 out anywhere decent.

To stay at home all day she turns feral and DS sleeps well. To get out and about and do something DS is awake too long and then even when we get home doesn't sleep well at all. He never feeds well out of the house - he always gets distracted and will only sleep in the car (not pram) if he's completely overtired and we've been driving at least 20 minutes. But then we get home and his entire sleeps are out of whack as he's not ready to nap yet.

I really want to get him on some kind of schedule but it seems impossible! How does everyone else do it?

This is just one issue - we have feeding issues and tummy/health issues on too I all this. I'm feeling like I'm drowning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing too- This thread is scaring the bejesus out of me but has a great insight into what to expect!

I'm due late October and dd will be 2 years 9 months. I had always planned on around a 3.5 age gap - dd would be toilet trained, could dress herself, long transitioned out of her sleeping bag and into a bed instead of a cot, walk a decent distance without a stroller..... Plus I'd be entitled to my long service leave so I could easily afford a year off!

But things don't always turned out as planned hey?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm subbing too...

I have a newborn dd 3wks and a 3yr dd, I'm learning every single day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSS View Post
    I'm subbing too...

I have a newborn dd 3wks and a 3yr dd, I'm learning every single day.
    Congratulations! To you too little miss sunshine!

It is amazing seeing the differences and similarities in 2 kids. It's challenging but it will all be worth it in the end!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (17-03-2015),MrsSS  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Subbing too- This thread is scaring the bejesus out of me but has a great insight into what to expect!
    Try not to stress too much, its not always bad. My dd turns 3 tomorrow and ds has just gone 5mths last week. Thankfully I've had no major issues adjusting to 2 but yes, there are still days when I want to just crawl under a rock, especially when dh is away. Can't be all that bad if I'm not put off having another (which sadly dh firmly says no to )

8. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am struggling big time at the moment too. Try throwing a school child and the school run in twice a day and no one gets much sleep at all. My DS2's routine has gone right out the window since DS1 started school. He get's one sleep in his cot a day, if he's lucky, and consequently isn't really self settling anymore.
    And my DD is so clingy that if she is to have a sleep I need to lay down with her, which I can only do if DS2 is asleep.
    So overtired baby and toddler here. And my DH is working longer and longer hours, and has been away overnight quite a few times recently.
    A-Squared, I find the best time for activities is after 3pm, my bub usually has finished his sleeps by then, is usually his longest awake time for the day. DD and DS1 have a 3:30 swimming lesson that seems to work in okay, and we often go to the park after school so they can have a run around.
    I do feel like things are about to get a whole lot worse when DS2 starts to crawl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all, I have a toddler and a 9.5 month old, the jealousy is there sometimes. It's quiet difficult at times.

No child care here, or kinder. Hard to go out also with the 2 kids, so basically at home and try to make the most of it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    I am struggling big time at the moment too. Try throwing a school child and the school run in twice a day and no one gets much sleep at all. My DS2's routine has gone right out the window since DS1 started school. He get's one sleep in his cot a day, if he's lucky, and consequently isn't really self settling anymore.
    And my DD is so clingy that if she is to have a sleep I need to lay down with her, which I can only do if DS2 is asleep.
    So overtired baby and toddler here. And my DH is working longer and longer hours, and has been away overnight quite a few times recently.
    A-Squared, I find the best time for activities is after 3pm, my bub usually has finished his sleeps by then, is usually his longest awake time for the day. DD and DS1 have a 3:30 swimming lesson that seems to work in okay, and we often go to the park after school so they can have a run around.
    I do feel like things are about to get a whole lot worse when DS2 starts to crawl.
    I don't know how you're doing it! I'm turning into a mental case and I don't like the person I'm becoming or the way my life is going

13. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I don't know how you're doing it! I'm turning into a mental case and I don't like the person I'm becoming or the way my life is going
    Oh I hear you! I think it gets a bit more reasonable when the baby goes to one sleep, so their routines are the same, but we've still got some hard yards to get there.
    When I look back now I remember a lot about DS1 as a baby, but DD I struggle to remember anything until she was about 18 months old, I must have been on auto pilot or in a daze or something. Or maybe it was so traumatic I've blocked it out, lol.
    I think the baby phase seems easier second time around because you know what you're doing, but it is so so much harder as you have a very demanding toddler to look after too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    I think the baby phase seems easier second time around because you know what you're doing, but it is so so much harder as you have a very demanding toddler to look after too.
    I agree completely!! You were game going for 3. I've completely ruled out any more.