Closed Thread
Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks fudge, I hope I didn't sound too patronizing with my 'pep' talk. I just want to offer my support and two more go's with your own eggs sounds like a good plan.

Skylar I think everyone knows what suits them regarding the pursuit of babies and what it means for them. I agree it is deeply personal issue and it sounds great that your partner are both on the same page about it.

Period came today, so with my doctor being ill that means I have just missed an opportunity to do a transfer this month. ****.. I'm going to have two more periods till I can see this other doctor. This sucks.. I could see if I can get in earlier with other doctors at the clinic but she seems the most experienced one and that has been doing this the longest, along with my doctor. It's a hard decision. Still hoping my doc will recover enough to treat me again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    23 eggs, which is our best yet. Feels good to get those suckers out, but hoping the worst is not to come. Just having my intralipids today. Will hit the fluid/protein later.

differences to protocol was a break/holiday in between cycles, growth hormone, and I upped the co-q to 600mg, plus I was on a much higher dose of fsh.

Fully prepared for a crappy fert rate as our eggs/sperm don't seem to like the ICSI much.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (16-02-2015),Skyler  (16-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    23 eggs, which is our *best* yet. Feels good to get those suckers out, but hoping the worst is not to come. Just having my intralipids today.

differences to protocol was a break/holiday in between cycles, growth hormone, and I upped the co-q to 600mg, plus I was on a much higher dose of fsh.

Fully prepared for a crappy fert rate as our eggs/sperm don't seem to like the ICSI much.
    Wow !! I hope the positives keep coming and you get a heap of frosties out of that lot.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (16-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great Butterfly!!! Even if you get a poor fert rate at least you have lots to start with.

AFM, I was feeling really fatalistic about ivf last night and it dawned on me that it may never happen for me. Well I must have ESP or a sixth sense because today I got a sh*tty phone call from the embryologist. One 'unknown' result, 1 trisomy 11, 1 trisomy 15. I'm numb and p*ssed off about the 'unknown'. This is why we pay $$$$$$ for PGD, to get an answer and all I have is an 'unknown'. We've made the snap decision to transfer it ASAP and get the misery over and done with sooner rather than later, start blood tests for a FET on Wednesday. Not happy Jan.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    That's great Butterfly!!! Even if you get a poor fert rate at least you have lots to start with.

AFM, I was feeling really fatalistic about ivf last night and it dawned on me that it may never happen for me. Well I must have ESP or a sixth sense because today I got a sh*tty phone call from the embryologist. One 'unknown' result, 1 trisomy 11, 1 trisomy 15. I'm numb and p*ssed off about the 'unknown'. This is why we pay $$$$$$ for PGD, to get an answer and all I have is an 'unknown'. We've made the snap decision to transfer it ASAP and get the misery over and done with sooner rather than later, start blood tests for a FET on Wednesday. Not happy Jan.
    Wtf ?!? Unknown ??? Isn't that what they get paid the big bucks for ? I guess unknown is better than T13 but still ... That sucks. Sorry to hear that @Skyler

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's right Leyshoja and my FS mentioned that unknowns can be due to the skill of the person taking the sample. They are nothing to do with the embryo itself, likely not a good enough sample was taken. And I know the junior embryologist did my biopsies this time. Previously I've always had the most senior embryologist do it but I don't get a choice there. Peeved to say the least. Also two of my eggs were 'lysed on icsi' that's 2 precious 42 year old eggs, who knows if those ones would have become blasties. I've got some questions to ask on Wednesday. I hate ivf right now. Transferring an 'unknown' embryo is exactly what we were trying to avoid

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry Skylar that's so frustrating.

Arm seeing doc on Wed, looks like he's back on board. Hooray and phew, and feeling a bit silly for panicking..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (16-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterfly39 that's awesome numbers! At least you've got a good starting number. Good luck with the fert 😊
    @Skyler that must be frustrating. Fingers crossed the "unknown" is the special egg you've been waiting for x

AFM I feel like I'm just hanging in limbo. 1 more week until the next scan, and I have these moments of irrational panic that there won't be a heartbeat and that I'm not really pregnant. Then there's the worry of if I get successfully past that appointment, I have all the tests to do to ensure this little bean is healthy. I think it's worse than the 2WW!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2015),Butterfly39  (16-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (16-02-2015),Skyler  (16-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler that sucks! You never know though, it could just be your lucky one! Good luck.
    @Butterfly39 that's an awesome number fx for great fert rates xx
    @Petal40 from what I've heard the anxiousness never ends!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (16-02-2015),Petal40  (16-02-2015),Skyler  (16-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly congratulations as well, that's an awesome number.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (16-02-2015)