Closed Thread
Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    @leyshoja, yeah it was amazingly short donor wait time, and might have to go down on record as the shortest donor wait ever, but yes there are still a lot of emotional issues to work through regarding the whole can of worms... Be patient with yourself as you probably weren't expecting it to all happen so quickly, and sometimes the heart needs time to catch up with what the head is doing. Sounds like everything is on track though... I kinda wish I had the problem of being too efficient x
    @BlondeinBrisvegas thanks for the kind words of encouragement, your posts always cheer me up! X
    @Leisylou - damn straight you can do this, Missy! So happy you overcame your fears. It's all downhill from here . Good for you. X

afm oozing away happily. My Aunty recommended those little circular bandaids which seem to be doing the trick. My tight dressing from last night stopped the bleeding. My tummy is puffed out like a rice bubble, must be something happening in there. Scan tomorrow morning should reveal something. At this rate not going to be looking very sexy for valentines day which is a shame because DH keeps asking me my lingerie sizes, how does a girl look chic/alluring with the 'bruised/bloated pincushion look' I'm currently sporting . Keep reminding myself these are 'first world problems'!
    Lol just make sure he gets you a teddy, That will cover your bruised bits

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Lol just make sure he gets you a teddy, That will cover your bruised bits
    Or a sexy corset may be even better !!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Or a sexy corset may be even better !!
    Woooooo !

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leisylou that's awesome! You should be so proud of ŷourself!
    @Butterfly39 all that bleeding doesn't sound pleasant. Glad it's a little better now. Valentines sounds like it could be saucy at your house 😉
    @leyshoja the birthday FET was lucky for us! Hope it is for you also.

As for me, had first scan yesterday. Could see the egg sac, but no heartbeat. Not sure if that's a bad thing or if it's too early?
    I thought it was too early, but got the impression from the ultrasound dude that he should have been able to see it. He did say that it wasn't a "viable" pregnancy until they see a heartbeat. Stressed me out a bit as I had a little spot of blood this morning.
    But the nurse from the clinic called & told me everything looked as it should, and the spotting was probably from the crinone. Even after that wonderful bfp this ivf gig is hard!
    All good today though, feeling very normal, no more sign of any spotting, and have just decided that the man doing the ultrasound simply doesn't have the bedside manner his job requires. Now just another crazy 2 week wait until the next scan, where all going well, we will see a little heartbeat ❤️

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-02-2015),Butterfly39  (10-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (11-02-2015),Summer  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So much happening on here, imagine if we were all in the same room together, it would be hysterical!
    I'd love to hear from anyone who has or is considering the DE route, and how you deal with the emotional aspect. DE will be our last option if next cycle fails, I was talking to my mum tonight about it and trying to make light of the matter said that atleast if DE works the baby won't have my fat ankles and flat chest, and then as she's my mum she said "but your so beautiful it would be a shame if the baby didn't get your beauty"
    Broke my heart a little bit.
    Hope everyone is well x

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissDa For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-02-2015),Butterfly39  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news Petal, I would take your nurse's opinion over the dull ultrasonographer. How nerve wracking this continues to be probably at least until the second trimester!

Leyshoja, can totally understand your reservations. But you've decided to go this way, just trust yourself.

Good on you Leisylou for conquering your needle phobia!!!

Chiefsgirl, bit worried about you but hoping you just have better things to do than update bub hub constantly. Hoping you got some embies fertilised.

Letsmakeithappen, did you get more embies frozen on day 7?

AFM, had a few anxious moments today, worrying about my 3 blasties and whether any of them will be normal. So wishing I had never ended up in this position, doing ivf. It's been really un-fun.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-02-2015),Chiefsgirl  (11-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (11-02-2015),Petal40  (10-02-2015),Summer  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Da we must have been posting at the same time. We've briefly discussed DE but are both against it for us. Just a personal thing in our situation, we have nothing against it per se and I'm so happy for those of you who have chosen that path. We would rather adopt an African HIV or ebola orphan although that would be extremely difficult. It must be a hard decision. Hoping your DH agrees with you eventually.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

MissDa  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Skyler, keeping my fingers crossed for your three blasties. Hoping it's all ok.

Hi to every one else and petal sonographers can be so bad sometimes. Five to six weeks is a little too early to see heartbeat.

AFM my doctors appointment has been cancelled as my doctor had to go to hospital himself. Still waiting to hear what is happening next. I hope he is ok, he is a really nice guy.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (11-02-2015),Skyler  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Petal40 I'm thinking it's waaaaay too early for you to see anything other than a sac, at my old clinic and at most GPs they don't even bother scanning until 7 weeks. It's hard dealing with this type of uncertainty, though, I feel for u. X
    @Skyler yeah I can think of loads of better things to do than ivf, like driving rusty nails into my forehead Haha. Oh, and did someone mention having a life! ? LOL This cycle for me has been the most annoying one yet. Just because small things have been going wrong, nothing major yet, they just add to the general level of stress one feels about it all.

Bertie how is your week going ? Hope things have settled down at work for u. X

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-02-2015),Petal40  (11-02-2015),Skyler  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDa View Post
    So much happening on here, imagine if we were all in the same room together, it would be hysterical!
    I'd love to hear from anyone who has or is considering the DE route, and how you deal with the emotional aspect. DE will be our last option if next cycle fails, I was talking to my mum tonight about it and trying to make light of the matter said that atleast if DE works the baby won't have my fat ankles and flat chest, and then as she's my mum she said "but your so beautiful it would be a shame if the baby didn't get your beauty"
    Broke my heart a little bit.
    Hope everyone is well x
    Hi MissDa,

DE is something that I may have to face in the next few months and it is breaking my heart. A few people have said it's more the leading up to it all that is difficult, but once you're pregnant, that baby is yours and the stress over the whole thing lessens.

But my counselor said to me something similar to your Mum last week, when that child grows up, you won't see any of yourself in them, and that just rips my heart apart.

I already have two step-sons, and although I know it's not rational (please be gentle with me everyone), it almost feels a little the same - this child would be my DH's, but not really mine... But then I know logically I would absolutely love our DE child to the ends of the earth and back, but it is a difficult concept to get my head around. I know there are some lovely ladies on here who have walked the DE path and are ecstatic about their family, so they may be able to offer some advice.

When I toss up DE or adoption - for us DE seems like the easiest and quickest path. If we could adopt tomorrow, we would for sure, my DH would have another four children if he could, so we'd be doing a Brangelina tomorrow if it was that easy. So we would like to move towards adoption as well, but believe the DE is going to be a quicker option, and at least will be part of my DH.

I feel for you, I don't think it is an easy thing to let go of the hope of having your own child with your DNA and an expression of the love you have for your DH manifest in a child. For me it's difficult, but if it came down to no child, or a DE child, then DE child it will be. They will be completely wanted, loved and cherished and I'm sure once they are in my belly, the fact that the little one isn't biologically mine, will fade into insignificance.

My thoughts are with you.
    xxxx

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-02-2015),Butterfly39  (11-02-2015),MissDa  (11-02-2015),Skyler  (11-02-2015)