Closed Thread
Page 86 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #11

2nd BT back & hcg is 1280. Now just have to make it to the scan on Monday.
    Last edited by Petal40; 04-02-2015 at 11:04.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-02-2015),Bongley  (04-02-2015),Fudge09  (04-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (04-02-2015),LetsMakeItHappen  (05-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (05-02-2015),Skyler  (04-02-2015),Summer  (04-02-2015),winsor  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Petal40 that's wonderful!
    @Fudge09 omfg I am so sorry. I can only imagine how you feel. It is a very real fear that we all go through after each epu, especially those of us who don't get big egg numbers. Cry all you need, it's only natural.
    @LetsMakeItHappen, wow what a haul! What was your fert rate?
    @Skyler thanks for thinking of me. Still jabbing away. Apparently it's quite common in this protocol to stim slower. Scan this morn showed 4 around 10-14 on the right and two at 14 and 2 under 10 in the left. They saw one more on the right on Monday, so fx that actually comes up at epu. Waiting on nurses call but the nurse who did the scan said prob epu on Monday. Will be interesting to see what my e2 level is. If I do go to epu on mon that will be 17 days of jabs! Most of which have been 5-6 needles a day😔

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-02-2015),Petal40  (04-02-2015),Skyler  (04-02-2015),winsor  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Skyler
    I think I will do one last cycle with my own eggs even though the chances are so low. I haven't told DP yet, I'm scared he'll freak out and say no way!!
    Last edited by MissDa; 04-02-2015 at 22:27.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MissDa For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Petal! Great hcg numbers. How exciting you get to see that little bean soon.

Wow, Chiefsgirl so many needles. Yeah the E2 levels are interesting, they're supposed to reflect the number of mature eggs but I've had very similar egg numbers with wildly different E2 levels in subsequent cycles. Go figure. Fingers crossed for EPU on Monday.

Good luck with that conversation MissDa.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (05-02-2015),Petal40  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great numbers @Petal40 - good luck for Monday!

AFM I have been struggling with the thought of stepping into a full IVF round, with needle phobia and a lot going on at the moment, so I've made the decision to give myself a little more time to psyche myself up for it. Which is kind of stupid at my age when time is of the essence, but I am relieved now that I've made my decision.

Today is CD1 after my first try with Letrozole and all the million things that Wazza has me on. If I go into an IVF cycle this month, the EPU would fall right when I've got a week of work stuff that has been booked for a couple of months that I can't get out of. Same with March, that particular week I am travelling and won't be here. However, by April I am pretty much a free woman and the work projects that are taking up 14 hours a day right now, will all be finished.

So I will continue on with the program I'm on and will even try the Letrozole with FSH this month if I can get my head around the injections. I have asked about using Elonva which is a long acting one, so only one injection rather than daily, so I'll see if I can do that.

Also, it seems that for DHEA to improve egg quality, three months is recommended, so I think continuing on all the supplements, the letrozole, the FSH and then DTD naturally for the next two months is not a bad plan, and when these big work projects are finished, then I can fully focus on creating a baby and do the full IVF protocol then.

I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief right now, I've really struggled with this, but this feels right. Fingers crossed we get a BFP in the next two months!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-02-2015),MaxKat  (05-02-2015),Petal40  (05-02-2015),winsor  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post
    Great numbers @Petal40 - good luck for Monday!

AFM I have been struggling with the thought of stepping into a full IVF round, with needle phobia and a lot going on at the moment, so I've made the decision to give myself a little more time to psyche myself up for it. Which is kind of stupid at my age when time is of the essence, but I am relieved now that I've made my decision.

Today is CD1 after my first try with Letrozole and all the million things that Wazza has me on. If I go into an IVF cycle this month, the EPU would fall right when I've got a week of work stuff that has been booked for a couple of months that I can't get out of. Same with March, that particular week I am travelling and won't be here. However, by April I am pretty much a free woman and the work projects that are taking up 14 hours a day right now, will all be finished.

So I will continue on with the program I'm on and will even try the Letrozole with FSH this month if I can get my head around the injections. I have asked about using Elonva which is a long acting one, so only one injection rather than daily, so I'll see if I can do that.

Also, it seems that for DHEA to improve egg quality, three months is recommended, so I think continuing on all the supplements, the letrozole, the FSH and then DTD naturally for the next two months is not a bad plan, and when these big work projects are finished, then I can fully focus on creating a baby and do the full IVF protocol then.

I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief right now, I've really struggled with this, but this feels right. Fingers crossed we get a BFP in the next two months!
    Sounds like you're happy to have a plan that works for you, and that's important. 3 months seems to be the time for all supplements to work, so fits perfectly for you. Good luck! I too had a needle phobia (couldn't even look at them), but when it became a necessity for ivf, once I'd jumped the hurdle with the first one, it became a lot easier. Hopefully it becomes easier for you 😊

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good plan @Leisylou. Having your ducks all lined up should help you to put yourself in the right mindset.
    Wow @Chiefsgirl what a regime you've had to deal with. Good luck for EPU, sounds like you've got some goers.
    AFM, got my BT results and had my baseline scan in prep for the next FET. My HCG was 4 at the end of last week so should be zero by now. That took longer than I expected. My lining thickness is around 6mm and looks like I haven't O'd yet, so I'm guessing by that thickness that maybe in a weeks time I should be BD'ing all over the place if I have any chance of a natural pregnancy . I guess with all that news, I reckon AF won't be appearing for maybe 3 weeks, so FET in about another 5 WEEKS !! So far away...... one thing IVF has taught me is patience. Luckily.

Hi, and positive vibes to everyone else !

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-02-2015),Chiefsgirl  (05-02-2015),Summer  (05-02-2015),winsor  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @Leisylou have you thought of hypnosis for your phobia?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leisylou it's great you have a plan. I always feel like my stress levels go down when I have a plan in place. I hate needles too, so much so I look the other was when I have a blood test and turned my back when DH was having blood taken! I am in my 8th stim cycle and have done all my injections myself, it's amazing what you can do when you have to.

AFM my e2 had doubled, but not enough, so another scan tmw. The nurses reckon epu Monday so tomorrow will tell. Surely I can't stim for longer than 17 days?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I joined the other day but been a bit quiet. Had EPU on Monday and had a rough time since, waiting to feel normal again. We ended up with 20 embryos and now on day 3 we still have 17. Hoping for a good result as we will be freezing all. Hoping for a FET next cycle.
    Not sure of terms and abbreviations yet.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to LetsMakeItHappen For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-02-2015)