Closed Thread
Page 69 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome MissDa

Fertilisation report- 8 out of 14 eggs fertilised which has exceeded my expectations.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-01-2015),faithandhopellove  (27-01-2015),Fudge09  (27-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (27-01-2015),winsor  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    welcome to our group missda. Lots of old eggs here (hopefully no crack addicts though). :d are you going straight into another cycle?

Sent from my gt-p5100 using the bub hub mobile app
    Hi all
    We were told by FS that if our next cycle has the same result any further attempts would be futile! Ouch!
    Having a few months off, went from failed cycle (transferred 1, 0 frosties BFN) to laparoscopy to the "disaster" cycle!
    Will cycle again April/May
    D
    Last edited by MissDa; 27-01-2015 at 11:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    wow that's a fantastic result! congrats

welcome @MissDa

we're thinking of trying CGH testing this time if all goes well. has anyone tried this? it'd mean no transfer this cycle but hopefully we'll get an idea of how good the eggs are afterwards (or if there might be other issues). I'm thinking this might be less sad for me, at least knowing is better than the post-2ww disappointment
    Last edited by winsor; 27-01-2015 at 12:23.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winsor I did 4 cycles with pgd (cgh) due to a known translocation issue. Whilst the results were disappointing (no embryos tested normal), I am thankful that I did not implant embryo after embryo to only be disappointed. It is expensive but overall it would have been more expensive to do single FETs on those embryos and not to mention the strain on my mind and body! The wait is difficult but if you have a normal embryo implanted it significantly increases the chances that it will implant and lead to a successful pregnancy so depending on your odds, I think it can most definitely be worth it. In the end we had two embryos which made it to blastocyst but could not be tested (as they weren't hatching) and I implanted one on Sunday so this one is left up to chance! Feel free to pm me if you want any more details!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-01-2015),Skyler  (27-01-2015),winsor  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winsor did you have your egg pick up? Did you get eggs out of all 3 follies?

We are doing CGH. This necessitates icsi so you need to let them know before egg pick up that you want testing. They can't test embryos that have not been icsi'd because of sperm contamination affecting the results.

Last couple of cycles, CGH has not been a great option for us coz we didn't have many blasts but it was definitely the right move for us on cycle 2. We got 5 blastocysts and only one of them was normal chromosomally even though they all looked great. It saved us the heartbreak of another 4 unsuccessful embryo transfers. Unfortunately even CGH normals only have a 60-70% chance but at least you're only transferring known normals.

Chillout good luck, I just went through a similar scenario with the only blast from our last cycle not being up to CGH biopsy standard. I got a BFN but they said they would not have transferred it had it not looked like it could work. It can happen.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-01-2015),winsor  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Welcome MissDa

Fertilisation report- 8 out of 14 eggs fertilised which has exceeded my expectations.
    Fantastic results @Skyler!😊
    Welcome @MissDa.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks @Chillout71 @ @Skyler. EPU is tomorrow morning. I think we'll get at least 1 egg, I'm hoping for 3. well, going from previous tries anyway, but trying to think positively as this cycle is a bit different from those, so we'll see how we go. apparently the cost has reduced dramatically from $3700/cycle to $750/embryo so if we get 1-3 it could be affordable for us. yes, we do ICSI already so that part should be ok. they said to let them know before day3 so they are able to do the assisted hatching. then it would be ~3weeks for results after the biopsy day5/6 when blast hatches. I guess we'll know more later this week. I think it's worth trying too. thanks for your help

good luck @Chillout71 with your tww! I hope it's a good embryo for you
    Last edited by winsor; 27-01-2015 at 13:27.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls was wondering if I could join in to. Still at early stages as about to have laproscopy in a couple weeks then start first cycle with genea.

Chillout71 with pgd how long does it take them to test? Do they test it at day 5 then if its ok go ahead with transfer? I have dont ivf before just not pgd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by snickers74 View Post
    Hi girls was wondering if I could join in to. Still at early stages as about to have laproscopy in a couple weeks then start first cycle with genea.

Chillout71 with pgd how long does it take them to test? Do they test it at day 5 then if its ok go ahead with transfer? I have dont ivf before just not pgd.
    Always good to have new people on board. Welcome.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winsor wow that price is much more reasonable! And cheaper than a FET even if the odds are still only 60-70%.
    What clinic are you with (I'm with genea)?
    Skyler we never got that far but that is lower than I expected! Ah well we will just see what happens with this one. I don't have high hopes.
    Snickers74 pgd testing takes 3-4 weeks to come back (something to do with them testing in batches for economic reasons!) so they have to freeze embryos in the meantime and I guess you'd move to FET following successful results.