Closed Thread
Page 66 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck for EPU tomorrow Skyler.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

MaxKat  (25-01-2015),Skyler  (25-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Actually regarding exercise I got the only BFP I had after stimming and snowboarding hard in powder every day - subzero conditions, all day long! Ivf certainly gives you a tummy, I've recently lost all the weight from ivf and am back to my normal 55kg and skateboarding/swimming a fair bit. @Skyler yeah I hate the syneral, it's awful. @Chiefsgirl no haven't used lucrin - is it better?
    i feel like my spray technique for the syneral is very poor - last time I don't even think I was suppressed properly.
    I've never used synarel so can't compare. It might be because you have to pay extra for lucrin that it hasn't been offered to you? My first FS gave me the option and I'd rather pay extra to inject than to sniff. I was just so worried I wouldn't do it properly because my sinuses used to be so stuffed. Funny thing tho, since doing ivf I've hardly had a problem with them? Go figure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my FS have told me to continue exercising all the way through my cycles, even my tww! They feel it's a good stress relief, gets the blood pumping etc. only if you are used to doing it though. I don't do cardio in my tww (I'm too worried about overheating), but I still lift moderate weights and walk. Remember there are millions of women out there who don't monitor their cycles like we do so don't even realise they're pregnant till they're 6 weeks along. They exercise, go out partying, eat bad food, don't take supplements . . . . . . .

I play netball in a social team on a Saturday, I was so convinced this would work that in my first year of ivf I didn't play. I didn't want to commit to the team and then pull out when I got pregnant. Yep, I went to all their games and stood on the sideline thinking I wished I was out there playing. Last year I signed up and just told them I was doing IVF and might need to pull out mid-season. They were so encouraging about it (they are mostly mums and mid wives), and of course I didn't get pregnant so played the whole year. I've signed up again to play this year. As all consuming as this is, I don't want it to be my whole life and all I ever think about, plus I love the feeling you get from coming off the court after a game, even if we lose (which is most of the time cos we never train, just rock up and play and laugh).

Good luck for tmw @Skyler! Here's hoping you have a nice haul of mature eggs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (25-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Skyler.... thanks for thinking of me. I've been trying to keep busy, so have been reading along, thinking of everyone. For me, it's now just another TWW (well, three week wait!!) until my next scan, but as there's nothing I can do, I'm just going to focus on going back to work on Tues and try not to think too much about being pregnant. Wish everyone well.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (26-01-2015),Skyler  (25-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Both my FS have told me to continue exercising all the way through my cycles, even my tww! They feel it's a good stress relief, gets the blood pumping etc. only if you are used to doing it though. I don't do cardio in my tww (I'm too worried about overheating), but I still lift moderate weights and walk. Remember there are millions of women out there who don't monitor their cycles like we do so don't even realise they're pregnant till they're 6 weeks along. They exercise, go out partying, eat bad food, don't take supplements . . . . . . .

I play netball in a social team on a Saturday, I was so convinced this would work that in my first year of ivf I didn't play. I didn't want to commit to the team and then pull out when I got pregnant. Yep, I went to all their games and stood on the sideline thinking I wished I was out there playing. Last year I signed up and just told them I was doing IVF and might need to pull out mid-season. They were so encouraging about it (they are mostly mums and mid wives), and of course I didn't get pregnant so played the whole year. I've signed up again to play this year. As all consuming as this is, I don't want it to be my whole life and all I ever think about, plus I love the feeling you get from coming off the court after a game, even if we lose (which is most of the time cos we never train, just rock up and play and laugh).

Good luck for tmw @Skyler! Here's hoping you have a nice haul of mature eggs.
    I know what you mean about girls who exercise not even knowing they are pregnant. But if yr FS tells you not to do it (except walking or gentle jog) you won't. if something goes wrong during cycle i would probably blame it on exercise. It's silly though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler good luck tomorrow!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (26-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    @faithhopeandllove so sorry to hear this! i hope you're feeling better & it hasn't interrupted your cycle. keep safe.

I had my u/s and this time there's 3 follicles, all around the same size. 1x 14 on left and a 1x 14 + 1x 15 on right. this is good for me, so i'm happy. just hoping they all have good mature eggs in them. usually there's at least one on left which is a couple/few cms ahead of the rest, and sometimes only left side works and none on right. no little ones. though she said it was pretty cloudy viewing this time so maybe there are but they're usually too small anyway. maybe the right side being ahead this time is the thing we need. fx. I have another scan mon. possibly trigger mon/tues depending on how fast they're growing. i think we're a couple of days ahead from other cycles as usually i would trigger wed (by prev calcs, and collect on day13). so not sure why that happened, as i'm on same dose meds as previous
    Those follicles are good size. Fingers crossed they will be bigger at tomorrow scan. Remember quality is important not quantity.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

winsor  (25-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    best of luck for your EPU tomorrow @Skyler

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @MaxKat, my numbers are usually low but hopefully we'll get some or all of them with mature eggs. 3 would be great usually I get 2, but previously there's been a bigger gap between largest and 2nd largest, so who knows. amazing it's so different each time. I just hope my right side works, as it's been intermittent

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #11

Good luck winsor and skylar.

Good on you chief for the exercise. I hate the fact that I couldn't exercise at a moderate intensity during cycles. At least one good thing about a miscarriage is running on the treadmill. It really has cheered me up.

Does anybody know how long I have to wait to do another transfer, doc has said no need to wait a long time and so I see him on the 9th. When would my next period be?
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 25-01-2015 at 22:57.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (26-01-2015),winsor  (26-01-2015)