Closed Thread
Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @leyshoja - 2

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Chiefsgirl that really is a lovely quote. Sort of takes the pressure of us in a way. And true Fudge, the little things we do are not gonna make or break a cycle.

Todays follicle scan went well. I had 8 follies over 15mm in diammeter and 3 of those were over 17mm. There were also lots of smaller ones, at least 10 of them, many of which won't catch up. And my estradiol was 4296!!! Sonographer and nurses were full of positivity and optimism which was nice. I have to try and contain my excitement because I always respond really well to stimulation and things always look good for me around this stage of a cycle. But no bub as yet. It's really hard balancing optimism with realism. My Dr says be optimistic, you can't protect yourself from disappointment by being pessimistic.
    Egg collection Monday. My favourite part. I love that midazolam, fentanyl cocktail!

Good luck with your follicle scans Winsor and Fudge.

Hi to everybody else

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-01-2015),faithandhopellove  (24-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    @winsor mixing the cetrotide was easy compared to some of the others I've had to do in IVF. I also had to withdraw 1ml down into 5 syringes last night! It was a nightmare and was so fiddly, it took me 20 minutes.

I had 3 injections last night and will have 5 tonight as I'm on 600 gonal 5 and have 300 left in one syringe and will have to take 300 out of another pen!
    that sounds complicated! I'm counting myself lucky now. good luck with it. I hope the swelling stops on subsequent days. my first cycle I had it a couple of times but not as often now (or just a little bit)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge09 View Post
    I spent the first half of the week away (before stimming) drinking wine, eating seafood and doing whatever felt relaxing. I think I am totally over the notion that we cause bad things to happen to ourselves during ivf. Losing our little man proves how much we really can't control any of it, only give it a helping hand. So hears cheers to less stress and blame, let's do what we need to do to help ourselves along without all of the woulda shoulda coulda rubbish. :beer:
    yes, good attitude! I think that's true. we're doing everything we can by doing ivf, the rest is up to the embryo/eggs. there's not much more we can do. glad you had a good holiday

7. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow @Skyler that sounds great! good luck with your collection next week. sounds like they're all ready to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja I'd like to do 2 - always thought I'd have twins when I was younger. but my FS won't do 2 + I don't really get enough to do it anyway. she says it's too high risk for my age. you're a bit younger, so see what you think. sometimes only 1 survives, I guess try work out how you'd cope with that, and any risks to you

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #11

I think 1, unless you have lots of failed cycles. Twin pregnancies are so risky for the babies. You would hate to lose or they come prematurely. And very stressful for you as a pregnancy. You want to be able to enjoy your pregnancy. If you have two good ones you can always freeze one.

Back to back pregnancy is much better all round, work can wait. Two kids are hard, twins or not.

Be guided by your doctor, but there is a reason they mainly only recommend one in Australia.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (28-01-2015),Skyler  (24-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great follicles, praying your babies in one of those follies waiting for you skylar.

Relaxing fudge is very important to reduce stress which helps you in the process. If it helps you get pregnant that's great, and it makes the Ivf easier which is all the better. I'm so sorry for your loss. 18 weeks would be ****ing hard. You need to heal your hurt. You will never forget your angel.

Love those needles chief.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Fudge09  (24-01-2015),Skyler  (24-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So this happened to me tonight.
    Lots of pain around the ovaries, ended up in emergency with a drip, having narcotics and anything else they could give me. The gyno saw me and when he heard I was on IVF decided it might be OHSS. Anyway he stopped the stims for tonight and I have to see the clinic when I get out in the am.
    I think I may be cursed. Oh and I got admitted to the maternity ward. I'm listening to a baby cry as I write this.
    To use a catch phrase from Blondinbrisvegas: FFS.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (28-01-2015),Skyler  (24-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @faithandhopellove so many hugs for you. I had a similar thing happen on my 2nd cycle but out was ruptured follicles and ovarian torsion (bloody painful). They had no idea at the hospital. .. they seemed to look blank and just panicked as soon as I mentioned ivf.

Yes I agree it is a big FFS! Have you had scans etc to look for fluid/ohss? How are you feeling now? Hope they have given you lots of pain relief. Bugger, bugger, bugger. Sending you a million hugs. Xx

@leyshoja I love the term stim envy. I am going to borrow it! I too have suffered from that wishing i was doing something!
    I didn't see if you are doing a fresh or frozen transfer but I would transfer 2 embies. My FS has told me that while it increases the chances of twins the majority of the time at our age the incidence of it happening is much lower. I have the theory that as I only get small numbers of fresh embies (and if I am lucky enough to get 2) then I am not leaving it in the dish! I think after everything you are going through have no regrets. I would greatfully have saggy boobs, stretch marks and the hassle of negotiating a twin pram and child care rather than the alternative and that is none. Another thing to consider is that even when you transfer 1 there is still the possibility of splitting and it becoming twins. So just because you transfer one it doesn't necessarily mean you will have a singleton. Hoping I didn't just add to your confusion!
    @Luckyme1 yes it has been f $#@&% g hard. Absolutely the most pain I have ever felt in my life. I can honestly say that there is not a single person in this earth I dislike enough to wish that sort of pain on. Seeing so many of my friends obviously pregnant and knowing I was ahead of them in gestation just eats me up inside. Stimming right now is the he main thing keeping me strong. Just running on hope.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Fudge09; 24-01-2015 at 01:06.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-01-2015),faithandhopellove  (24-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (28-01-2015)