Closed Thread
Page 62 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #11

Thank you chief, that's beautiful. I really hope we have one more in us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @winsor I'm really hot too, it's pretty common with the drugs unfortunately! Good luck with your scan tmw. Fx for lots of same sized follies

I changed over to cetrotide (from lucrin) last night and it came up in a big lump for quite a while afterwards. Does it do this to you? Luckily I was also doing clexane so I just iced the area and it helped, but it stung a bit afterwards too! I'm only on a half dose, I'd hate to think what a full dose wd be like!
    thanks @Chiefsgirl.
    yes, sometimes I get a lump. for me it seems to be related to how well I get the air bubbles out. if I can't get them all out it swells up into a large lump and is itchy. but it could just be a coincidence & it's the medication causing it. I read this is expected/common side effect. so as long as the swelling goes down by around half an hour it's ok. if it swelled for any longer I'd probably contact the nurse. I take full dose, it's not so bad once you're used to it. just takes me a while to prepare the needle - not my favourite part! the pen jabs are so much easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh that does sound more positive @faithandhopellove. good luck to your DH for the biopsy & for your cycle

4. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor mixing the cetrotide was easy compared to some of the others I've had to do in IVF. I also had to withdraw 1ml down into 5 syringes last night! It was a nightmare and was so fiddly, it took me 20 minutes.

I had 3 injections last night and will have 5 tonight as I'm on 600 gonal 5 and have 300 left in one syringe and will have to take 300 out of another pen!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    Thank you chief, that's beautiful. I really hope we have one more in us.
    I have faith it will

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I have just returned from a week at the beach, theme parks etc and catching up on bh. Sorry if I don't mention everyone in this post but it seems so much has happened. I am so sorry to hear of the losses that have occured. Sending out all of my love to you all. Fingers crossed for the girls who have had transfers and those stimming. Ps I love the post (I think it was from chiefsgirl) about a baby coming to you when it is ready and finding a way, it was truly lovely to read.

AFM I started stimming on Wednesday, I think the time I spent pregnant made me forget how crazy you get on an the hormones! I was due for a scan on Tuesday but canceled it as I am starting a new job on Tuesday and have a scan booked on Friday. I am on maximum meds so there is not much they could do for me anyway, it would only be for my benefit to count follies. So a mystery it will be until Friday.

I spent the first half of the week away (before stimming) drinking wine, eating seafood and doing whatever felt relaxing. I think I am totally over the notion that we cause bad things to happen to ourselves during ivf. Losing our little man proves how much we really can't control any of it, only give it a helping hand. So hears cheers to less stress and blame, let's do what we need to do to help ourselves along without all of the woulda shoulda coulda rubbish. :beer:

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-01-2015),Bongley  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheers and good luck with the stims ! I have stim-envy - cant wait to start the next cycle lol. Still debating whether to push for 2 embies, or just settle for 1.
    PROS for 2 Embies:
    Much higher chance of success
    I would like 2 bubs but can't have 2 pregnancies due to work/redundancy potential - 2 back to back pregnancies would be necessary at my age
    They would keep each other company and be best friends
    DP is happy to be the at home dad whether its 2 or 1
    Family wouldnt have to fight over who gets to hold the baby if there were two lol
    CONS :0
    The risk of twins !!!
    My body will be destroyed by twins - body and boob lift an added expense
    I won't be able to get back to work as quickly as I need to (1 at home parent with twins ??? Who's kidding who)
    The cost of 2
    The hardship of having 2 babies at one time
    The higher risks

Anybody ??? Heeeeelppppp (DP is beating around the bush - no help there)
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 23-01-2015 at 15:06.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-01-2015),faithandhopellove  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Cheers and good luck with the stims ! I have stim-envy - cant wait to start the next cycle lol. Still debating whether to push for 2 embies, or just settle for 1.
    PROS for 2 Embies:
    Much higher chance of success
    I would like 2 bubs but can't have 2 pregnancies due to work/redundancy potential - 2 back to back pregnancies would be necessary at my age
    They would keep each other company and be best friends
    DP is happy to be the at home dad whether its 2 or 1
    Family wouldnt have to fight over who gets to hold the baby if there were two lol
    CONS :0
    The risk of twins !!!
    My body will be destroyed by twins - body and boob lift an added expense
    I won't be able to get back to work as quickly as I need to (1 at home parent with twins ??? Who's kidding who)
    The cost of 2
    The hardship of having 2 babies at one time
    The higher risks

Anybody ??? Heeeeelppppp (DP is beating around the bush - no help there)
    That's a toughie. I'd say at your age go for two but on the march thread I was on last year one lady came soooooo close to losing her twins. She was in hospital from 21 weeks (I think) on the verge of going into labour the whole time. I can't imagine the stress. But, I don't know if that was due to it solely being twins. Amazingly they hung on and came very early but were fine in the end.
    Twins would be so stressful to have but it's short(ish) term pain. Again, I know a lady at work who had twins and developed GD and eclampsia...... she got preggers again and cried with relief when they found only one. (there was actually another sac so she came very close to have twins again...bloody fertile people!)
    So yeah, tough one, sorry I probably haven't helped!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol @Bongley, NO YOU HAVE NOT HELPED !!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Lol @Bongley, NO YOU HAVE NOT HELPED !!!!
    @leyshoja

Sorry, look, if I was you and fit and healthy, I would do two.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (28-01-2015)