Closed Thread
Page 61 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes. DH had CT scans yesterday and a PET scan this morning. We were supposed to see the oncologist on Tuesday but she called this afternoon with good news. There is a "hot spot" in the thyroid that needs checking but she said it's definitely not a recurrence of the cancer he had before. She can't say what the hot spot is without a biopsy but the worst case scenario is that it's thyroid cancer (here's where my heart stops) which has an almost 100% cure rate (and starts beating again). Blimey. I'm utterly flabbergasted.
    IVF is definitely going ahead. Starting stims tonight.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (22-01-2015),Skyler  (22-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF over 40 #11

Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes. DH had CT scans yesterday and a PET scan this morning. We were supposed to see the oncologist on Tuesday but she called this afternoon with good news. There is a "hot spot" in the thyroid that needs checking but she said it's definitely not a recurrence of the cancer he had before. She can't say what the hot spot is without a biopsy but the worst case scenario is that it's thyroid cancer (here's where my heart stops) which has an almost 100% cure rate (and starts beating again). Blimey. I'm utterly flabbergasted.

Yeehaaaaaa that is so exciting and such fab news @faithandhopellove !! It calls for a celebration dinner or something (closely followed by a little Ivf) woot woot !!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (22-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme.... yes, Skyler has the numbers worked out correctly. For these forums, most count an FET as a separate cycle, as they still cost a lot of money, they still involve a lot of drugs, injections, BTs, USs, time off work, stress etc. So you've had three stim cycles in a row (where you had DS), then an FET, and now you're planning your fifth go?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (22-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faithandhopellove, huge sigh of relief for you. Perhaps you could fit in a celebratory glass of wine before that first injection lol!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (22-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is great news @faithandhopellove!,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news faith hope. Bertie so I'm planning my fifth transfer. I think the roll call is great. It gives me hope.

I was just under 40 and quarter when we conceived DS2 with Ivf so I'm hoping next FET will be sticky one. If I do have to do a stim cycle, I'm hoping 42 is not too old.

Passed a big clot today which I'm pretty sure was embryo. Sad, bless him or her..

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (22-01-2015),MaxKat  (24-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (23-01-2015),winsor  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow Skylar.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post

Oh thank goodness for that! Great news @faithandhopellove

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    Great news faith hope. Bertie so I'm planning my fifth transfer. I think the roll call is great. It gives me hope.

I was just under 40 and quarter when we conceived DS2 with Ivf so I'm hoping next FET will be sticky one. If I do have to do a stim cycle, I'm hoping 42 is not too old.

Passed a big clot today which I'm pretty sure was embryo. Sad, bless him or her..
    That is sad @Luckyme1, I just hope it goes really quickly for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor I'm really hot too, it's pretty common with the drugs unfortunately! Good luck with your scan tmw. Fx for lots of same sized follies🙏

I changed over to cetrotide (from lucrin) last night and it came up in a big lump for quite a while afterwards. Does it do this to you? Luckily I was also doing clexane so I just iced the area and it helped, but it stung a bit afterwards too! I'm only on a half dose, I'd hate to think what a full dose wd be like!

Good luck with your scan today @Skylar!
    @Luckyme1 I am so sorry. I read a blog today which had the comment "your children are destined to be yours. You don't have to worry that they won't make it. You don't have to fear that you will do the wrong thing and they won't be able to get to you." I found that really powerful. Just remember, your baby is just waiting for the right time to arrive. Xxxx

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (23-01-2015),Skyler  (23-01-2015),winsor  (23-01-2015)