Closed Thread
Page 56 of 102 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls.......

Just popping in to wish you all the very best of luck with your Stimming/FET's/IUI's/BD Am watching from the wings and cheering you all on that this Cycle will be your BFP!!

Sending $hitloads of to each and every one of you!! xoxoxoxo

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (18-01-2015),faithandhopellove  (17-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-01-2015),Skyler  (16-01-2015),winsor  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #11

I think that's a good reason Skylar. I think the doctors learn each time they do a cycle, so by three stimulated cycles I think they have learnt a lot, it's also good to have a plan, even though they can change.

But if you think doing four cycle will not change your odds or worsen them then that is a good reason to stop. Also you can't discount the financial reasons. What you would do with the money if you spent it on something else. Are you going to have more enjoyment spending it on something else, or if you don't have the money and/or will go into debt.

For us I think stopping after trying two FET (from the same batch we got pregnant with DS2 on), and one stim cycle is good. I couldn't do anymore because I don't think things would improve. We found the right mix for us with DS2, and if it doesn't work again on another stim cycle, age would be the reason and that is only going to get worse on a second cycle. Does that make sense?

I'm feeling so down at the moment. Any tips to lift my mood? Miscarriage hasn't happened yet. Ultrasound on Monday will reveal either way. I'm grieving the potential loss of this pregnancy and the loss of hope of having a third child. Just wish I could feel better for my family.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

winsor  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm feeling kind of down myself. Just picked a fight with DH because he is not stressed about our next cycle. Is that insane or what? Lol. He's very laid back and I'm quite tense (well I am with AF and next cycle only days away). :screwy: Anyway after I totally confused him with my "Why are you not worried rant", I apologised and DH being the good guy he is told me he thought he was inadequate to deal with these things and gave me a hug. Blimey. Anyway I think a glass of the old vino is called for. Or maybe two. :sly: I am making DH a seafood dinner as an apologetic gesture. A glass or two will go very well with that.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (18-01-2015),Skyler  (17-01-2015),winsor  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faithandhopellove you made me laugh, with you, not at you! Hope you enjoyed your vino. I'm desperado for a wine too but can't coz started stims today. I think it's normal to be tense just as you start a new cycle. The day I started stim cycle #3 I was feeling particularly jaded as cycle 2 had resulted in the 'biochemical miscarriage' (fancy word for chemical pregnancy) of a CGH normal embryo. It took forever for my hcg to return to <5, delaying our progress. Anyway, we went out for dinner on the first night of stims and we had a crappy night because a pregnant woman sat next to us in the restaurant all night. I'm sure she was a normal nice person but in my warped mind that night she was smug (and I was bitter)! DH thought I should have been able to hack it but I couldn't so we had an argument resulting in floods of tears from me. Fabulous start to that cycle!

Luckyme, I'm not sure re tips on how to feel better, it's so hard. I've tried all sorts of things, meditation, long beach walks, weekends away. Think it was Winsor who was talking about only doing one more stim due to costs. We're undecided on how many to do and are just re-evaluating cycle by cycle, taking my FS's advice each time.

BlondeinBrisvegas, thank you for always being a ray on sunshine on this thread particularly when some of us are a bit down right now

Winsor hope day 1 of stims has been ok for you. What type of cycle are you on? Are you with Genea?

AFM, day 1 of stims, 250 iu gonal f. The good part is for me this time no big stingy orgalutran needle! Hooray for small victories.
    Last edited by Skyler; 17-01-2015 at 21:05.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-01-2015),faithandhopellove  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry skylar I meant to say winsor..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Skylar, those bloody preggers women are everywhere!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

JoJoD  (19-01-2015),Skyler  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    I'm feeling so down at the moment. Any tips to lift my mood? Miscarriage hasn't happened yet. Ultrasound on Monday will reveal either way. I'm grieving the potential loss of this pregnancy and the loss of hope of having a third child. Just wish I could feel better for my family.
    sorry to hear about your potential miscarriage. when mine haven't worked out I've been sad (& really sad) but then I just think, well these embryos had something wrong with them so wouldn't have gone any further and eventually I feel a bit better. the other thing I do is start painting or making some art - do something creative (just playing with paints, fibre etc - nothing too High Art) as I get lost in this and stop thinking about everything else. I can't create a baby but I can make things appear on the page/fabric out of nothing. hope you feel better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Winsor hope day 1 of stims has been ok for you. What type of cycle are you on? Are you with Genea?
    yes, with genea. I like it there, they're so efficient and organized - it's good for me to have set things to do each day. maybe they could make up something for the 2ww also to keep me occupied cycle wise, ha.

yes, started gonal-f 375 yesterday. cetrotide will join in soon enough, then ovidrel for the trigger. I've been on the same meds each cycle. this time they've asked us to sign HCG consent forms. I can't remember if this is for genetic testing or some other biopsy, but we may do testing this time as apparently the cost has decreased substantially & we'd spoken to our FS about it last visit.

the first 2 cycles I was more excited/had anticipation. this time I think I'm still a bit sad from the last cycle. I'm just going through the motions, feeling a bit more dejected & thinking it's probably not going to work. I guess I'm trying not to psyche myself up too much so the fall (if it comes) will be lower. I know I should be more positive, but it's out of my hands really so up to the embryo now.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (18-01-2015),Skyler  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Winsor, I totally understand why you're finding it hard to be optimistic when you are still sad from the last cycle. Somehow we just manage to jump back on the hamster wheel. Wishing you luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    yes, with genea. I like it there, they're so efficient and organized - it's good for me to have set things to do each day. maybe they could make up something for the 2ww also to keep me occupied cycle wise, ha.

yes, started gonal-f 375 yesterday. cetrotide will join in soon enough, then ovidrel for the trigger. I've been on the same meds each cycle. this time they've asked us to sign HCG consent forms. I can't remember if this is for genetic testing or some other biopsy, but we may do testing this time as apparently the cost has decreased substantially & we'd spoken to our FS about it last visit.

the first 2 cycles I was more excited/had anticipation. this time I think I'm still a bit sad from the last cycle. I'm just going through the motions, feeling a bit more dejected & thinking it's probably not going to work. I guess I'm trying not to psyche myself up too much so the fall (if it comes) will be lower. I know I should be more positive, but it's out of my hands really so up to the embryo now.
    I feel that way about this cycle too. I had a hopeful anticipation I guess you could say before each previous cycle. This one I am feeling less hope and more a dread of starting again. I know though I will be ok once I see some follies on a scan . A little bit of hope starting to grow. Anyhow I keep thinking of Bertie and then I know it's possible. Miracles happen.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-01-2015),Skyler  (19-01-2015),winsor  (19-01-2015)