Closed Thread
Page 55 of 102 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MaxKat I changed clinics because the first one wouldn't change the protocol they were using, and it wasn't working at all (2 & 3 eggs in 2 cycles). That was on Gonal-F, changed clinics & used Menopur, much better response, got 6 & 8 eggs in following 2 cycles. Different protocols work for different people, I think the important thing is having a FS who is willing to find what works for you.
    @Fudge09 I'm sorry for all you've been through, but am so impressed with your attitude to keep trying, you are an inspiration <3 Best of luck for your new cycle, you deserve a happy ending.
    @leyshoja hope this one works out for you, you've had a rough time lately, fingers crossed xx
    @MGC Bertie how amazing! So happy for you, I don't think I'd be the only one who is reading along and getting so e hope from your happy story. Hope you have a happy uneventful pregnancy x

@ Luckyme1 sorry for the news, but keep positive, miracles do happen. I'll be thinking of you.

AFM I started progesterone today, had my scan 2 days ago, lining was looking "great", so FET booked in for Tuesday. Such a different cycle having no egg collection. My FS only wants to put back 1 instead of 2 as usual though as the quality is much better, and having 4 frosties, doing 1 at a time gives us a few cycles up our sleeves. Just praying it's a sticky one.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (15-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (15-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Petal, that sounds really positive.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    good luck @Petal40, and great news @MGC Bertie

AFM I'm just waiting for af to kick in properly - I thought we might have been lucky with a natural cycle this month (as she would normally have started tuesday) but spotting yesterday, then nothing today so far. it gets you down a bit, though for me the failed cycles are worse especially when I know there was a day3/5 OK at the start. so I guess I'll be starting meds again in next couple/few days.
    Last edited by winsor; 15-01-2015 at 10:43.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-01-2015),Petal40  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry winsor, I hope the next one has a better result.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

winsor  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    So sorry winsor, I hope the next one has a better result.
    thanks. me too. I think it'll be our last collection cycle unless maybe we can book in at RPA (cheaper), so hoping for more to freeze at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really is unfair and so hard winsor. How did you come to the decision that this would be your last cycle? I'd like to know how to move on too. I have one more FET and one stim cycle left in me.

But feel just sad about not having anymore kids, and wonder why I am so crazy to want more, as I am truly blessed with two boys and wonder why I am not satisfied with just them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

winsor  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme, sorry to hear your Dr's prognosis for your little bean.

The concept of when to stop is a hard one and very individual. I researched a lot about 'when to stop' after the heart break of my 4th cycle failing, especially after the second cycle had been so promising. However now, in a less emotional state I've made the choice to continue based on my Dr's advice AND on some great success stories I've seen on these forums. There are always ppl who defy the odds. Good luck with your FET. You too Petal.

Leisylou, hoping you are having a refreshing break with hubby.

Stim buddies- Fudge, Faithandhopellove, Chiefsgirl, Winsor, anyone else stimming?...we can do this. Somehow I'm excited about starting injections, just want to get into it. Picking my meds up in the morning, start jabbing Saturday. It's a long down reg cycle for me this time, first time I have done this type of cycle in over a year. Hoping for that one good egg.

MGC Bertie, is it all sinking in for you now? How wonderful!

hi to EOE

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (16-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (16-01-2015),Petal40  (16-01-2015),winsor  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Skyler, I think you give IVF your best shot with your doctors advice and know that you will have no regrets.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    It really is unfair and so hard winsor. How did you come to the decision that this would be your last cycle? I'd like to know how to move on too. I have one more FET and one stim cycle left in me.

But feel just sad about not having anymore kids, and wonder why I am so crazy to want more, as I am truly blessed with two boys and wonder why I am not satisfied with just them.
    mostly due to the cost. DP doesn't want to spend too much more on it. if I can get into the RPA we might be able to do more but I've heard there's a 6mth wait list and by then I'll be 44 & 1/2 so not sure if it'd be worth doing. in anycase this is the last year we can use my eggs as my FS says there's pretty much 0 chance of success after 45. she says I'm 'above average' as we do fertilize & one has gone to day5. but there's a 1/20 chance now of it working. she says it's still not completely hopeless to try naturally also, ivf is only giving us a slight increase in chance. we still have the frozen one & can try naturally. hoping for some more to freeze this time. when we started, we said we'd do it 3 times. who knows, we may change our minds again, but so far we're sticking to 3 (collections). (+ try the frozens)

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck @Skyler. I collect the meds and start stimming tomorrow (sat) also. hoping for a good egg too, and if not, then some to freeze. that's not asking for much is it, ha

18. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (16-01-2015)