Closed Thread
Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Here it is:

This is a study of around 50 women with slow fetal heart rates. Of the women studied, nearly all of the ones that didn't make it had fetus's that were more than 5 days different to their correct gestational size/age. As you can see here, 50% were at the correct size, and of those, 44% survived and only 6% didnt...

44 % survived at the correct size
    6 % didnt survive at the correct size

11 % survived and were under sized
    39 % didnt survive and were under sized

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja I agree with @faithandhopellove. Go for it. You got nothing to lose. I think different Dr.s different opinions. I was supposed to go on the pill in Jan14 for a month but I refused as I thought it would lower the chances to get pregnant naturally. Not that it helped. If you feel this is what you want to do, do it. Otherwise you will think about it later and may regret it. And in regards to eating better, I asked my Dr that if I completely change my eating habits would it increase my chance, he said that unless I got really bad lifestyle (junk food, ciggies, etc.), it does not matter that much. Maybe not alcohol though.
    @Skyler – thanks, I better ask. I got very very low response. I was told I need all my collections back to back as I am not a candidate for OHSS and need to keep hormones reasonably high. And still got my Dec14 ICS cancelled for low response. And got my Jan15 cancelled too. And now I need month or two off, apparently need to get my hormones back to normal. But will be going back to same meds!? I just don’t know what they want!
    @Luckyme1 -

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxKat View Post
    @leyshoja I agree with @faithandhopellove. Go for it. You got nothing to lose. I think different Dr.s different opinions. I was supposed to go on the pill in Jan14 for a month but I refused as I thought it would lower the chances to get pregnant naturally. Not that it helped. If you feel this is what you want to do, do it. Otherwise you will think about it later and may regret it. And in regards to eating better, I asked my Dr that if I completely change my eating habits would it increase my chance, he said that unless I got really bad lifestyle (junk food, ciggies, etc.), it does not matter that much. Maybe not alcohol though.
    @Skyler – thanks, I better ask. I got very very low response. I was told I need all my collections back to back as I am not a candidate for OHSS and need to keep hormones reasonably high. And still got my Dec14 ICS cancelled for low response. And got my Jan15 cancelled too. And now I need month or two off, apparently need to get my hormones back to normal. But will be going back to same meds!? I just don’t know what they want!
    @Luckyme1 -

I'm sorry but that just sounds ridiculous to me. If they are not getting a great response from you, they need to try something differently. Surely ?!?
    What about menopur instead of gonal-f ? Apparently menopur give a better response in 'older' women.
    My clinic tried many different combinations to get a better response from me. We also tried combining gonal-f with luveris for a couple of cycles. I think luveris was to improve the quality? Menopur is more expensive I think but my clinic was able to wangle a deal on 'compassionate' grounds or as a trial or something like that. I cant even remember now.... getting too old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll take 11%. Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For you Luckyme

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know @leyshoja! I am supposed to go back at my next AF for s/c & blood. I am going to question the meds. First clinic after 2 ICSIs told me not to continue and go for ED only. So i changed to new clinic, which only changed meds a bit. Thanks for Menopur and Luveris details. I will ask about them. I just dont want to waste time (and money) on another ICSI with same meds. Coz its obviously not working!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #11

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    I'll take 11%. Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst.
    While there's a heartbeat you still have a chance ! When is your next ultrasound?
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 12-01-2015 at 16:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme....oh wow, I wasn't expecting you to say there was a heartbeat, as you'd seemed so sure it was over. Well, it's not over yet, so maybe just slow to start. When will they scan you again?

Leyshoja...gosh, I am so for "do what you want" as all these FSs are trying things but there seems to be no magic formula. Good luck.

Max.... yes, it's definitely worth trying different combinations of drugs, e.g. Menopur. Clexane and Neupogen are for implantation and immune issues, not egg production, but there's definitely a few different ones left to try.

AFM.... Got Friday's BT results today - Hcg is 54,000 (36dpo) which I thought would have been higher than that since it was 21,000 at 29dpo. I know that doubling time is 48hrs in the first few weeks (which it has been spot on), and then starts to slow down, but this week makes the doubling time 123hrs - well, I guess there's nothing I can do so will have to just wait and see what the scan shows tomorrow (Tues). P4 has increased to 165, but Dr M said to stay on 3 x pessaries per day - was kind of hoping that I could decrease these.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Luckyme....oh wow, I wasn't expecting you to say there was a heartbeat, as you'd seemed so sure it was over. Well, it's not over yet, so maybe just slow to start. When will they scan you again?

Leyshoja...gosh, I am so for "do what you want" as all these FSs are trying things but there seems to be no magic formula. Good luck.

Max.... yes, it's definitely worth trying different combinations of drugs, e.g. Menopur. Clexane and Neupogen are for implantation and immune issues, not egg production, but there's definitely a few different ones left to try.

AFM.... Got Friday's BT results today - Hcg is 54,000 (36dpo) which I thought would have been higher than that since it was 21,000 at 29dpo. I know that doubling time is 48hrs in the first few weeks (which it has been spot on), and then starts to slow down, but this week makes the doubling time 123hrs - well, I guess there's nothing I can do so will have to just wait and see what the scan shows tomorrow (Tues). P4 has increased to 165, but Dr M said to stay on 3 x pessaries per day - was kind of hoping that I could decrease these.
    Good luck for your scan @MGC Bertie, keep us posted.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie your beta is great
    I would be the same, analysing the doubling time etc but if you have a look at betabase (an American thing) there's huge variation so try not to worry. So looking forward to hearing great scan results from you tomorrow.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-01-2015)