Closed Thread
Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Butterfly39 I was recommended to read the boom it starts with food by Dallas and Melissa hartwig. I've tried ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416118242.356794.jpg to upload a copy of the cover (I have it as an ebook). Basically it's the paleo way of eating and follows something called whole30 which you can apparently find on the Internet. I haven't looked for it yet and haven't finished the book. It talks about how the food we eat can give us a hormonal response and an immune response as well as weight gain. I've had a lot of aha moments so far with the book. One lady in the group did the 30 days and lost quite a bit of weight and now follows this eating plan about 80% of the time and says she feels so much better.

I'm at the stage I'll give anything a go!
    @Bongley I'm not sure how @Butterfly39's clinic does it, but ivfa freezes on day 3. Then when I am ready to test we will do a final fresh cycle and grow to day 3, they will defrost the frozen and take one cell from each embie and test. The results come back by day 5 and I can then transfer any that are normal and still going strong, and can freeze any left overs. There is a lot of discussion on whether day 5 or day 3 testing is best though and I know of clinics that only do one or the other. It cost $4k and is not rebate able by Medicare or phi so I am trying to get as many embies to test as I can. I'm also trying to get it all done before the end of the financial year as I can claim the oop on my income tax for the last time this financial year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl that's great info too thanks. I will let her know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Chiefsgirl I may give that book a read. I've been doing Gluten & dairy free for the last 6 weeks, combined with acupuncture & supplements. Not sure if that's what made the improvement on egg numbers, but my protocol was the same. And since I won't be transferring until January (providing I get good news tomorrow on the eggs) I thought another couple of months of dietary changes would really be good for me.

Yesterday & today haven't been great for me - very teary and felling a little bit blue. I am worried about the call from the clinic tomorrow to see if anything made it to day 5 & is good enough to freeze. And am only just starting to lose the bloat from the OHSS. Starting to wonder if it's the drugs or oestrogen leaving my body that's making me feel like this. Poor DH has had a couple of mouthfuls from me today, for no good reason, and that's very unlike me. Just hope I'm a little more on my game tomorrow as I'm back at work, and not sure how I would handle any bad news from the clinic.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Petal40 if it makes you feel any better my dh has copped it today too! Our fight has lasted 5 hours because he's an idiot! Oh well, tmw is another day!

I hope you feel better soon ohss is pretty serious, it will take time to feel normal xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Petal and Chiefsgirl... oh, our poor DH's - I've also been snappy to mine today, but I've blamed that on being locked in the office all day writing school reports, which I've now finished, yah!! Maybe I should go and be nice to him now for a few minutes before bed. Sometimes I do wonder how he puts up with me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Petal40 I am with you on the stressing about updates. Sending hugs your way.
    I am permanently on a gluten free diet so can't say if it made any difference for me. I do know however that even for people without gluten intolerance it can cause an inflamatory response.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I've been gluten free for nearly 20 years but my accupuncturist just said I should also give up dairy and in the book they talk about other grains still having an inflammatory response.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal40 View Post
    @Chiefsgirl I may give that book a read. I've been doing Gluten & dairy free for the last 6 weeks, combined with acupuncture & supplements. Not sure if that's what made the improvement on egg numbers, but my protocol was the same. And since I won't be transferring until January (providing I get good news tomorrow on the eggs) I thought another couple of months of dietary changes would really be good for me.

Yesterday & today haven't been great for me - very teary and felling a little bit blue. I am worried about the call from the clinic tomorrow to see if anything made it to day 5 & is good enough to freeze. And am only just starting to lose the bloat from the OHSS. Starting to wonder if it's the drugs or oestrogen leaving my body that's making me feel like this. Poor DH has had a couple of mouthfuls from me today, for no good reason, and that's very unlike me. Just hope I'm a little more on my game tomorrow as I'm back at work, and not sure how I would handle any bad news from the clinic.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app
    @Petal40 having to work through all this is the worst for me. EPU, day1, day3, day5 and 6, AF, BT day......... you can get bad news any of those days and taking two weeks off each time isn't an option! Ugh, its so hard. I splashed out (seeing as its my last cycle) and I'm off to tassie after my ET next week. If/when I get af at least I won't be at work trying to hold it together.

good luck today with your day5 report today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today @Petal40, I'll be thinking of you and have everything crossed ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 3 report was ok. One at 10 cells, two at 8 and three at 6. So 6 out of 8 are progressing ok. Praying that there is some to freeze on Wednesday.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-11-2014)