Closed Thread
Page 48 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou: Fair enough Luv, hopefully the Letrozole will get those ovaries going and you might have a couple on the go by the time you trigger!! Even if this Cycle is no better than a natural one, you've still got to be in it to win it!! Doing a transfer after an IVF Cycle gives you one chance at a BFP also...fair enough the odds are increased slightly because you've already achieved fertilisation or you've had more than 1 emby transferred, but it's still only 1 chance same as IUI, same as trying naturally.

At least naturally you can have a go every month all things being equal. As soon as your DP's swimmers are set free you'll be in with a chance same as anyone else ok?? I'd probably do some BD as well to stack the decks!! Will be keeping my and sending your way!! Thanks for your kind words about bub, I so want the same for all of you Girls

@leyshoja: Well, haven't you been given the sh*t deal all round Luv?? What an ordeal it must've been going through all that crap at the hospital and in your FS office?? Why they didn't just do a D@C and be done with it I do not know?? Anyhoo..hope you're recovering well Luv

As to the Clinic not wanting to do more than 1 transfer makes me suspicious of their motives...It's BS using the "lucky lady" as a reason. The chances of that happening in the first place would pretty remote I imagine regardless of the fact it happened to her. If it was that much of a risk no Clinic/FS would do DET but they do and it's par for the course for women 35+ in most cases. Definately for women 40+!! If they won't come to the party I'd be seriously looking into moving those embryo's to a Clinic/FS who will!! At the end of the day, it really should be your decision once you've been fully informed of all the risks/benefits. That's what consent forms are for..to protect their ar*es if $hit hits the fan!! Go in swinging Luv!!

@Killarneygirl: So sorry to hear of your loss Luvxo

@winsor..Good Luck to you too this month!!

Good Luck to any other Ladies Cycling that I may have missed!!

Hello to all the other Lovelies as well....
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 09-01-2015 at 20:50.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (09-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #11

Hi, need some advice from the ivfers who are over 40.

I'm 42, have two children, and in the process of miscarrying our first FET. Our second DS was the result of Ivf, and we had two embryos left from the batch which we are trying. They were created when I was 40.

My question to the group is, if our next embryo fails, is it worth trying a stimulated cycle with my 42 year old eggs?
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 11-01-2015 at 06:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Luckyme1 welcome and I am so sorry to hear about your mc.

It sounds like you had some good embies with your stim cycle at 40 (your ds and another pregnancy) so I would consider giving a try with my own eggs before resorting to other options. Do you know what your AMH is now? Every woman is different so I wouldn't write off using my own eggs until I had tried a stim cycle and also had an update my AMH etc. Like my DH says. .. have no regrets and try every option. You just never know.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Fudge. My AMH was 1 at 40 but in my last cycle I got 9 eggs and three day 5's. That's my feeling, one last go and no regrets.

Miscarriages are hard this is my third, but so worth it. Two boys are the result. Sad about this pregnancy especially as there is no bleeding yet, and having a scan on Monday to confirm suspected loss. It's hard to give up on your hopes and dreams isn't it.

Can't understand why I feel like this at 42. Just would like three. Would have done anything for two. DE were an option. Luckily we conceived DS with my eggs. Just not ready yet to give up. We won't do DE though now. Permenant Foster care would be the next option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Luckyme1 I think that it is a misconception that if you already have one child wanting another is somehow "less" important. The desire to have a baby is so overwhelming and becomes an actual physical ache. Your egg quality must have been quite good last time being able to get 3 blasts (I have never been able to get any and only do fresh cycles) so I would see that as a positive, plus you can obviously fall pregnant so it is just a matter of getting a sticky one. It sounds like apart from age related deterioration of your eggs you have a lot on your side.

I understand the not wanting to give up part. I believe that you only give up when you are ready. I couldn't think of anything worse than looking back and thinking "I wish I had".

It is very hard at our age (I am 41) to not look at all the statistics and lose hope, but try to keep in mind all the things you have on your side on the days you are feeling down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF over 40 #11

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    Thanks Fudge. My AMH was 1 at 40 but in my last cycle I got 9 eggs and three day 5's. That's my feeling, one last go and no regrets.

Miscarriages are hard this is my third, but so worth it. Two boys are the result. Sad about this pregnancy especially as there is no bleeding yet, and having a scan on Monday to confirm suspected loss. It's hard to give up on your hopes and dreams isn't it.

Can't understand why I feel like this at 42. Just would like three. Would have done anything for two. DE were an option. Luckily we conceived DS with my eggs. Just not ready yet to give up. We won't do DE though now. Permenant Foster care would be the next option.
    @Luckyme1 yes I reckon go for it. The only way to know is to test the waters. Plenty on here have had success at that age. I'm sorry you are going through a m/c again
    Afm I feel shocking today. My body ached all night and we went to see the hobbit this morning and I had to walk out I was shivering so hard. It's 30 degrees today and I hopped into my oven of a car and shivered the whole way home then got under the blankets and it still took 40 minutes to get rid of the numbness in my fingers. I've just sent dp out to buy a thermometer and if it's a fever it's back off to hospital sigh. I'm over this. I just want to feel normal again
    The m/c is still going and the hospital were insistent on me coming back if anything seemed abnormal

Update, yep back in hospital.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 11-01-2015 at 15:52.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja : Oh, Luv, am sorry to hear you're back in hospital I was going to say it sounds like you might have some kind of infection?? What do they reckon?? FFS!! If you haven't been through enough already!! I hope they pull their fingers out and sort it asap for you and that you're feeling better soonxo

@Luckyme1: I agree with the other girls...at least have another go Luv and see what happens if need's be, but your next FET is a success

Hi to @Fudge09 and all the other Ladies too.......

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Fudge09  (11-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @leyshoja : Oh, Luv, am sorry to hear you're back in hospital I was going to say it sounds like you might have some kind of infection?? What do they reckon?? FFS!! If you haven't been through enough already!! I hope they pull their fingers out and sort it asap for you and that you're feeling better soonxo

@Luckyme1: I agree with the other girls...at least have another go Luv and see what happens if need's be, but your next FET is a success

Hi to @Fudge09 and all the other Ladies too.......
    Feeling better now the fever is under control but it's looking like an infection of the endometrium. Having an u/s shortly. I'll bet this sets back my next FET

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Feeling better now the fever is under control but it's looking like an infection of the endometrium. Having an u/s shortly. I'll bet this sets back my next FET
    Bloody hell you've been through the wringer! I hope they get it sorted quickly xx
    Last edited by emski72; 11-01-2015 at 17:53.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @leyshoja! Wow you are having a shocker. I can't believe how much of a terrible time you have had. Please take care of yourself, your frozen embie will still be there but you need to look after your health first and foremost. Sending you lots of get well hugs. Hi to everyone else..I am not very good at reading messages on the phone app and tend to miss some people so this is a help to everyone!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (12-01-2015)