Closed Thread
Page 47 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    You can get clexane orally now (I have a clotting disorder my haematologist has mentioned it) I'm not sure if it's applicable for ivf but might be better than no clexane. Might be worth asking about?
    Leisey sorry for your losses, it's so hard! Did they test the 'products of conception' after your miscarriages to find out why or did you miscarry naturally? Just thought you might get answers that way - I know I did.
    Thanks @emski72 for your thoughts. I haven't heard of oral clexane - I did ask about alternatives to injections when I was in my consult and Wazza said there wasn't, so maybe there is something new? I can follow that up when I see him for my Day 12 scan.

They did test the products of conception on the last miscarriage but no problems showed up. Didn't on the others, so not sure.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF over 40 #11

Ps my ob said the ivf clinic would 'discuss it' with me... The fact that I want two transferred next time. They don't want to do more than one. Well goddammit I'm the one paying. And paying. And I'm sick of paying !!! Isn't the customer always right ???

I'm geeing myself up for the fight already

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),Bongley  (10-01-2015),faithandhopellove  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Leisey it might be worth looking at pgd testing on your embies before transfer?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leisey it might be worth looking at pgd testing on your embies before transfer?
    Yes, I would definitely do that if we get to that stage - I think it would be worth it for sure.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou : Luv, I just couldn't not reply when I read your post. I'm one of Wazza's girls too and it sounds like he's got you on the AACEP protocol or something pretty similar which is what I was on for my 2 Cycles with him. Does he or Kate know about your needle phobia?? It's just that when I did my last Cycle, I remember an indian lady coming in who had Kate or whichever FN was on when she wasn't there do her needles for her. This could be a very real option for you. It would mean having 2 injections..fsh/clexane everytime.. He could probably give you Synarel (nose spray) to stop early ovulation and even to trigger with too maybe. Synarel is given to women to trigger with when they are at high risk of OHSS..usually the PCO/S girls. The only issue would be getting an injection done on a Sunday when they're closed.

As @leyshoja said..the FSH is given in the hope of stimulating your ovaries to produce more follicles that will have eggs in them. At our age we really do need to get as many eggs as is possible for our body to produce in the hope we get a good one as the chances are lower than younger women (all things being equal) which is why it takes nearly all of us many, many tries before we get there with our OE (own eggs). I used Puregon/Menopur on my last Cycle as well as all the other stuff you posted too.

However, in saying that @MGC Bertie got her BFP doing an IUI and I'm hoping she'll weigh in here too as she's another voice of experience that might be able to help. I really feel for you Luv as I do all the Girls here on the thread. It wasn't that long ago I was there myself. It's just so bloody unfair sometimes. Oh, and my sisters a qualified RN and a needle phobe too!!

Good Luck Luv.... to you. Shout out if I can help in any other way too

Quick hello to the other Girls..will be back later to post...got a certain someone in the background calling for service (i.e wailing her head off!!)xoxox

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (09-01-2015),Summer  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    I still can't believe I got a BFP with my first donor embie and still miscarried !! Just goes to show it's the luck of the draw.
    Yeah it isn't a magic bullet but your odds are greatly increased for a bfp - I really feel for you because you just assume it will all be ok with a donor egg pregnancy - I got my bfp with two de embies but lost one, so it's still in the lap of the gods - I can't believe you have to fight for a double transfer!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Leisylou : Luv, I just couldn't not reply when I read your post. I'm one of Wazza's girls too and it sounds like he's got you on the AACEP protocol or something pretty similar which is what I was on for my 2 Cycles with him. Does he or Kate know about your needle phobia?? It's just that when I did my last Cycle, I remember an indian lady coming in who had Kate or whichever FN was on when she wasn't there do her needles for her. This could be a very real option for you. It would mean having 2 injections..fsh/clexane everytime.. He could probably give you Synarel (nose spray) to stop early ovulation and even to trigger with too maybe. Synarel is given to women to trigger with when they are at high risk of OHSS..usually the PCO/S girls. The only issue would be getting an injection done on a Sunday when they're closed.

As @leyshoja said..the FSH is given in the hope of stimulating your ovaries to produce more follicles that will have eggs in them. At our age we really do need to get as many eggs as is possible for our body to produce in the hope we get a good one as the chances are lower than younger women (all things being equal) which is why it takes nearly all of us many, many tries before we get there with our OE (own eggs). I used Puregon/Menopur on my last Cycle as well as all the other stuff you posted too.

However, in saying that @MGC Bertie got her BFP doing an IUI and I'm hoping she'll weigh in here too as she's another voice of experience that might be able to help. I really feel for you Luv as I do all the Girls here on the thread. It wasn't that long ago I was there myself. It's just so bloody unfair sometimes. Oh, and my sisters a qualified RN and a needle phobe too!!

Good Luck Luv.... to you. Shout out if I can help in any other way too

Quick hello to the other Girls..will be back later to post...got a certain someone in the background calling for service (i.e wailing her head off!!)xoxox
    Thanks BIB, I have read some of your posts on the Wazza thread and am so happy for you getting your little bub! I guess the first thing to do is see if the Letrozole does anything at all and maybe try an IUI. I don't live in Bris, so I wouldn't be able to go in each day for injections - but I just can't see injectables as an option at this stage at all... Yes Kate knows about my phobia and was the one who said that what I'm doing this month is no better than a natural cycle. Anyway, I've made my decision for this month, and I can always make a different one next month if I need to...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it isn't a magic bullet but your odds are greatly increased for a bfp - I really feel for you because you just assume it will all be ok with a donor egg pregnancy - I got my bfp with two de embies but lost one, so it's still in the lap of the gods - I can't believe you have to fight for a double transfer!
    Me either, but I'm up for the challenge !!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #11

Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Me either, but I'm up for the challenge !!
    That 'lucky lady' a couple of months ago who had a double transfer and ended up with 2 identical sets of twins has hurt my chances !
    She has been mentioned to me a few times now ..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    just dropping in again. back from holidays. we tried naturally this month so will find out next week if that worked, otherwise it looks like we'll do one more fresh cycle & try get more eggs to freeze.
    @leshoja what a nightmare you've had. I hope everthing is OK now & good luck getting multiple transfers

hi to everyone else too

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-01-2015)