Closed Thread
Page 46 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1020
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    312
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked
    161
    Reviews
    0
    @Leisylou the only other thing I could suggest is maybe try hypnosis?!? Not sure if it would work but may be worth a try. @leyshoja clexane is a blood thinner/ anti clotting medication. I think the idea is that my body thinks the embryo/baby is an infection so cuts off blood supply leading to loads of chemicals. If we go back for another I think I'll try iui instead of a full cycle, just add clexane etc

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frogpossum For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-01-2015),Summer  (09-01-2015)

  3. #452
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post
    Thanks @leyshoja - the letrozole is similar to clomid but apparently Wazza likes it better for over 40's so meant to stimulate a good strong ovulation and possibly 2-3 eggs. I think he said that it should help the best egg mature, but I can't quite remember everything he said in the consult. The Clexane is an anticoagulant just in case it is clots that are causing the miscarriages.

    I think the benefits to doing a full IVF round (which this wasn't going to be) is that we might potentially collect several eggs and I could have them screened which could be a good thing. At least then I'd know if my eggs are OK or not. It just seems so hard, I feel like just walking away from it all and just dealing with the fact that I'll never have children...
    In that case I would have thought fish oil would be an ideal alternative to clexane. I know for a fact that it thins my blood significantly.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015)

  5. #453
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default IVF over 40 #11

    @Leisylou would you ever consider donor eggs down the track ? There are no needles involved in that.

    I think you should definitely not give up on yours yet though. Not while they are still fertilising !!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015)

  7. #454
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,405
    Thanks
    12,316
    Thanked
    5,022
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    In that case I would have thought fish oil would be an ideal alternative to clexane. I know for a fact that it thins my blood significantly.
    I'm doing a combination of fish oil, garlic and nattokinase, all anticoagulants (stop clotting) which is different from aspirin which is a blood thinner. For this cycle anyway, I am definitely not doing the injectables, so I will do these - but my greatest fear is that I do fall pregnant, and then have another miscarriage because I didn't use Clexane... That would just completely do me in...

    Anyway, I guess all I can do is one step at a time, and this month my steps are all those hormones and drugs plus letrozole to push ovulation, trigger shot and IUI. I guess if that doesn't work then I will have more decisions to make next month.

    If it does work, then panic will be setting in about the clotting stuff... But I guess I don't have to panic about that today, and I'm not doing absolutely nothing, I am on the natural alternatives to Clexane (although they're probably not as strong they will be having some effect), so maybe I should just stop melting down and know that I am doing more than last time.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015)

  9. #455
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,405
    Thanks
    12,316
    Thanked
    5,022
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frogpossum View Post
    @Leisylou the only other thing I could suggest is maybe try hypnosis?!? Not sure if it would work but may be worth a try. @leyshoja clexane is a blood thinner/ anti clotting medication. I think the idea is that my body thinks the embryo/baby is an infection so cuts off blood supply leading to loads of chemicals. If we go back for another I think I'll try iui instead of a full cycle, just add clexane etc
    I have done hypnosis in the past but it doesn't seem to work very well for me - or maybe I just had a crap practitioner! If it comes to there being no other option then yep, I'll have to find something to help me get over it.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015)

  11. #456
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post
    I'm doing a combination of fish oil, garlic and nattokinase, all anticoagulants (stop clotting) which is different from aspirin which is a blood thinner. For this cycle anyway, I am definitely not doing the injectables, so I will do these - but my greatest fear is that I do fall pregnant, and then have another miscarriage because I didn't use Clexane... That would just completely do me in...

    Anyway, I guess all I can do is one step at a time, and this month my steps are all those hormones and drugs plus letrozole to push ovulation, trigger shot and IUI. I guess if that doesn't work then I will have more decisions to make next month.

    If it does work, then panic will be setting in about the clotting stuff... But I guess I don't have to panic about that today, and I'm not doing absolutely nothing, I am on the natural alternatives to Clexane (although they're probably not as strong they will be having some effect), so maybe I should just stop melting down and know that I am doing more than last time.
    You're definitely on the right track

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015)

  13. #457
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,601
    Thanks
    1,312
    Thanked
    5,565
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

    Default IVF over 40 #11

    You can get clexane orally now (I have a clotting disorder my haematologist has mentioned it) I'm not sure if it's applicable for ivf but might be better than no clexane. Might be worth asking about?
    Leisey sorry for your losses, it's so hard! Did they test the 'products of conception' after your miscarriages to find out why or did you miscarry naturally? Just thought you might get answers that way - I know I did.

    Also wondering how @SpringRain is going? Hope you're well.

    To those thinking about using a donor... I have no regrets moving on to DE and there many other DE success stories on the over 40's roll call who feel the same. I know it's a completely personal decision - but I wondered if I would have regrets and the answer is no for me.

    Leshoja so sorry to read what you're going through... You too Killarneygirl - hang in there ladies xx
    Last edited by emski72; 09-01-2015 at 14:52.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-01-2015)

  15. #458
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post
    I have done hypnosis in the past but it doesn't seem to work very well for me - or maybe I just had a crap practitioner! If it comes to there being no other option then yep, I'll have to find something to help me get over it.
    I've done it too. I think it's a load of hooey

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015)

  17. #459
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,405
    Thanks
    12,316
    Thanked
    5,022
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    @Leisylou would you ever consider donor eggs down the track ? There are no needles involved in that.

    I think you should definitely not give up on yours yet though. Not while they are still fertilising !!
    Yes, donor eggs would be an option if we've exhausted all other avenues, but as you said, I've been falling pregnant naturally, I just seem to lose my babies between six and eight weeks. So I guess I still have some hope of having a child that is biologically mine.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-01-2015)

  19. #460
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    You can get clexane orally now (I have a clotting disorder my haematologist has mentioned it) I'm not sure if it's applicable for ivf but might be better than no clexane. Might be worth asking about?
    Leisey sorry for your losses, it's so hard! Did they test the 'products of conception' after your miscarriages to find out why or did you miscarry naturally? Just thought you might get answers that way - I know I did.

    Also wondering how @SpringRain is going? Hope you're well.

    To those thinking about using a donor... I have no regrets moving on to DE and there many other DE success stories on the over 49's roll call who feel the same. I know it's a completely personal decision - but I wondered if I would have regrets and the answer is no for me.

    Leshoja so sorry to read what you're going through... You too Killarneygirl - hang in there ladies xx
    I still can't believe I got a BFP with my first donor embie and still miscarried !! Just goes to show it's the luck of the draw.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Heinz Baby Basics
Our BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our brilliant colours, inspired designs and innovative features. Heinz Baby Basics caters for your baby’s needs!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!