Closed Thread
Page 44 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Glad your DH and brother got a giggle out of the breaking bad thing MGC Bertie. Your success story is awesome. I love hearing stories like yours.

Leyshoja, hoping the worst of it is over for you now.

Bongley, that's great re RPA, I don't have that option as I'm not in a capital city.

Faithandhopellove, know what you mean. I don't ever go on fb anymore. When I see the lowlifes with 1000 rug rats, I feel sorry for the kids and hope they don't turn out like their parents. I feel especially sorry for them if the mother is smoking, drugged etc. Thank goodness they don't give me the preggy belly envy thing like when I see other people pregnant (or men with beer bellies!!! lol).
    Last edited by Skyler; 08-01-2015 at 15:58.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-01-2015),faithandhopellove  (08-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I've been ignoring bub hub. My second beta had increased but not doubled, same with my third on Christmas Eve. Advised at that point to stop all meds and let nature take its toll. Cried all over Christmas, spent the big day with two newborn babies but coped fairly well. We decided to get away over New Years and headed off to Brisbane and on the 2nd I started to miscarry. Boy was that painful, I am still bleeding now but the cramps have stopped.
    We toyed with the idea of donor eggs, quitting and giving my eggs another shot. Have a follow up with our FS on the 27th so will see what she suggests.

Will read up on all I have missed. Hope there hasn't been any more losses and only good news to read

Happy New Year ladies x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Killarneygirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Killarneygirl oh no, that sounds like a very sad christmas so sorry about your miscarriage. Its especially heartbreaking for us over 40s.
    I've spent some time perusing the OS egg donation threads on bubhub and also eggdonationaustralia.com if thats of any use to you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Killarneygirl so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you x

@Bongley hahahhaaa HA! Your beer-gut envy gave me just the laugh I needed on a pretty s****ty old day :-)

@Fudge The only good thing about the angry stage of grief is it can occasionally be just a little bit fun :-) I love a good uncalled for, inappropriate and out of character swearing session! Sometimes even just texting a friend a string of expletives can help. Sad but true. (Yep, they can all just shove it up their clackers!)
    Last edited by Nereid; 08-01-2015 at 17:25.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),faithandhopellove  (08-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-01-2015),Kelly70  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leyshoja.... oh, everything about your experience sounds dreadful. All that blood, and then even more. You poor thing - why couldn't they just get it over and done with, instead of dragging it out.

Bongley.... yes, eventually lucky!!! I remember distinctly on my 3rd cycle, thinking, yes, "3rd time lucky", but no. Then, for some reason, I began thinking tat every odd cycle was going to be the lucky one. Strangely, my lucky number is actually 13, because I'm born on the 13th, but I didn't even twig onto that until after the BFP!!

Killarney.... oh, I'm so sorry. I thought this was going to be the one for you. Look after yourself xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that Killarneygirl. Good luck with your decision on how to go forward.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    @Skylar we don't give each other birthday presents anymore, we go out to a nice restaurant or do something together. We don't do xmas presents anymore either - dh said if you see something during the year you just buy it, I don't need to give you junk or something you don't want for xmas. Makes it a very relaxed xmas for us. All of our family is back in NZ so I bought toys for the nephews and sent them over and that was it.

On my actual bday DH did buy me flowers and cut out red love hearts with messages on them and hid them around the house. In the bathroom cabinet, clothes drawers, on the bed, in my jewellery box etc for me to find. It was very romantic.
    @leshoja I am surprised you didn't faint with all that blood loss! hopefully everything is out now and you can move forward. Will you have to do another hcg test to make sure it's all gone?
    Awwww where can I get a romantic guy like that .... I've got me one of those blokey blokes who would rather die than be caught with a love heart lol. Yes I've got to get my hcg under 2 and it's currently sitting at 1900 so bt next Thursday then again after that if need be.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Killarneygirl View Post
    Hi girls, I've been ignoring bub hub. My second beta had increased but not doubled, same with my third on Christmas Eve. Advised at that point to stop all meds and let nature take its toll. Cried all over Christmas, spent the big day with two newborn babies but coped fairly well. We decided to get away over New Years and headed off to Brisbane and on the 2nd I started to miscarry. Boy was that painful, I am still bleeding now but the cramps have stopped.
    We toyed with the idea of donor eggs, quitting and giving my eggs another shot. Have a follow up with our FS on the 27th so will see what she suggests.

Will read up on all I have missed. Hope there hasn't been any more losses and only good news to read

Happy New Year ladies x
    Oh no @Killarneygirl I am so sorry to hear that !!! Good luck with your next big decision...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Awwww where can I get a romantic guy like that .... I've got me one of those blokey blokes who would rather die than be caught with a love heart lol. Yes I've got to get my hcg under 2 and it's currently sitting at 1900 so bt next Thursday then again after that if need be.
    Mine too. Although we go out to restaurants rather than buy each other useless gifts too. We do secret santa at xmas with my partner's extended family which means we still get to open some presents, there is just less junk.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #11

Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Mine too. Although we go out to restaurants rather than buy each other useless gifts too. We do secret santa at xmas with my partner's extended family which means we still get to open some presents, there is just less junk.
    Same, except we do stealing Santa instead of secret Santa now. It's great fun. You buy a random present then everyone draws a number and takes turns to choose a present from the table. Instead of choosing an unopened gift you can opt to steal someone else's if they've opened something you would like. Then that person you stole from gets the option of opening a new one or stealing from someone else but they can't steal back what's just been stolen from them. It can literally go round and round for ages. When all the stealing finishes for that go, the person with the next number gets their turn. There always seems to be one gift that everyone wants (usually alcohol with my lot lol) so it can get pretty competitive..

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (11-01-2015)