Closed Thread
Page 43 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Skyler.... yes, I don't think any stats are totally worth their salt, as everytime I've fallen out of the percentage quoted. Totally off subject, but my brother wants to know if your username comes from "Breaking Bad"? Sorry!!!

Nereid.... yes, unfortunately for many women, even having an FET is just like a full stim cycle - for definsome of mine there were injections, various meds, infusions etc, and OOP expenses was not far off having a full stim cycle.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-01-2015),Nereid  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol!!! Bongley that's hilarious re the beer gut! Think we all go a bit crazy on this so called 'journey' I'm quite interested to know why you switched from Genea to RPA? I'm with Genea.
    Welcome MaxKat, so when is your next cycle?
    Chiefsgirl, I also had a December birthday. Hoping nobody tried to give you the old one present to cover both occasions...I seem to be seeing a lot of you girls doing the AACP. Shall follow your progress keenly.
    Yes MGC Bertie, your brother has blown my cover, I knew someone would, Skyler from Breaking Bad had an 'oops' pregnancy at age 39. Loved that series and binge watched it like a junkie. Once I get the chance to make a signature I was thinking of calling DH Walt. I have scrolled back many pages and couldn't quite find how come you ended up having an iui? What a great move it turned out to be.
    Leyshoja, glad you are getting things sorted, how's it going?
    Faithandhopellove, I lol over your coffee post. I am a total addict. My FS is certain I can have 1 shot a day regardless of cycling, phew.
    Fudge, Nereid, BlondeinBris
    AFM, started sniffing synarel this morning. Now have to work out how to bring it with me on a weekend camping trip when it is not supposed to be refrigerated. What do you ladies think, should I be able to put in in one of those little Genea cooler bags with an ice brick as long as it is not in direct contact with the ice brick?
    Last edited by Skyler; 08-01-2015 at 10:43.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Skyler....my brother and DH both laughed loudly when I read your comments out about Breaking Bad, particularly about naming your DH Walt. They love it too!!

The IUI plan was something my Mum actually came up with about a year ago - she rationalised that our main problem was lack of sperm, and just wouldn't listen to all the FSs say that it was also my old eggs. I kind of held this little bit of hope that wouldn't that be amazing, but really I didn't believe it. When we started using my sister's donor eggs (with donor sperm) and they still didn't take, she raised it again. Mum wanted me to stop using my sister's donor eggs and try the IUI, but I felt obligated to use all four goes of her eggs, since she went through a lot to donate. So the plan was to do the IUI, just as a filler while I planned going to SA for young donor eggs. It was more for peace of mind, to know that we'd tried everything. My FS didn't think it would work, but was happy for me to do it (for peace of mind) and probably happy to get more $. DH was quite against it, thinking it a total waste of money, but let me do it for my sake, knowing that I needed to do it to move on.

Yes, when I've had to take medicines places, that have to be cool, but not cold, I wrap the medicine in a paper towel (or if taking the whole box wrap it in a teatowel). That's enough buffer to not be frozen next to an ice-brick but still kept cold.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-01-2015),Skyler  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @leyshoja so glad something is being done
    for you. When will you be out of hospital?

@MaxKat welcome! Feeling envy at pregnant bellies is very understandable. However, I felt a big twinge of envy when a man walked past me yesterday with a big beer gut! Looked like he was nine months. That's when you know you have issues :-D
    LOL I hope you are kidding !!

I spent all day yesterday in that darn hospital waiting with a drip in, for the curette, then they decided I didn't need it. A speculum exam allowed them to remove several clots which were blocking my cervix then I bled everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. I left a pool on their floor when I stood up to change, then ended up lying in another pool after they put me on a bed, and during their cleanup, I went to the loo and passed something around 2/3 the size of a golf ball. That was a shock, but then I figured that's gotta be the fetus and therefore the end of it....
    Just to top it off, when I got up to change (again) after they removed the drip, my arm started pumping blood all over their floor - theres another pool for the poor orderly to clean up. She must have been glad to see the back of me

They still wanted to try misoprostol which did absolutely nothing. No twinges, contractions, bleeding, nothing, and I pretty much didn't bleed any more yesterday or this morning. A couple more clots but no real blood.
    Anyway, I wanted my ob to give me the all clear (empty uterus) this morning and lo and behold, he pulls out more clots which were blocking my cervix, then pulls out the fetal sac !?!?!? After all that it was still hanging on !?! He's sent it off to the lab to see if they can get any chromosome analysis on it so will find out next week.

God, I hope that is the end of it...

On a brighter not, I spoke to the IVF clinic and next FET should be mid Feb yay !!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Skyler....my brother and DH both laughed loudly when I read your comments out about Breaking Bad, particularly about naming your DH Walt. They love it too!!

The IUI plan was something my Mum actually came up with about a year ago - she rationalised that our main problem was lack of sperm, and just wouldn't listen to all the FSs say that it was also my old eggs. I kind of held this little bit of hope that wouldn't that be amazing, but really I didn't believe it. When we started using my sister's donor eggs (with donor sperm) and they still didn't take, she raised it again. Mum wanted me to stop using my sister's donor eggs and try the IUI, but I felt obligated to use all four goes of her eggs, since she went through a lot to donate. So the plan was to do the IUI, just as a filler while I planned going to SA for young donor eggs. It was more for peace of mind, to know that we'd tried everything. My FS didn't think it would work, but was happy for me to do it (for peace of mind) and probably happy to get more $. DH was quite against it, thinking it a total waste of money, but let me do it for my sake, knowing that I needed to do it to move on.

Yes, when I've had to take medicines places, that have to be cool, but not cold, I wrap the medicine in a paper towel (or if taking the whole box wrap it in a teatowel). That's enough buffer to not be frozen next to an ice-brick but still kept cold.
    I still can't get over how lucky you got @MGC Bertie !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler I changed from Genea to RPA as we ran out of savings and RPA is cheaper ($1500 per cycle). Its the same lab and doctors but different nurses and service. My doc at RPA worked under my FS at Genea and there was no hassle getting paperwork transferred etc and RPA just carried on from where Genea left off rather than starting from scratch.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    I still can't get over how lucky you got @MGC Bertie !
    Lucky after 13 cycles!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    LOL I hope you are kidding !!

I spent all day yesterday in that darn hospital waiting with a drip in, for the curette, then they decided I didn't need it. A speculum exam allowed them to remove several clots which were blocking my cervix then I bled everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. I left a pool on their floor when I stood up to change, then ended up lying in another pool after they put me on a bed, and during their cleanup, I went to the loo and passed something around 2/3 the size of a golf ball. That was a shock, but then I figured that's gotta be the fetus and therefore the end of it....
    Just to top it off, when I got up to change (again) after they removed the drip, my arm started pumping blood all over their floor - theres another pool for the poor orderly to clean up. She must have been glad to see the back of me

They still wanted to try misoprostol which did absolutely nothing. No twinges, contractions, bleeding, nothing, and I pretty much didn't bleed any more yesterday or this morning. A couple more clots but no real blood.
    Anyway, I wanted my ob to give me the all clear (empty uterus) this morning and lo and behold, he pulls out more clots which were blocking my cervix, then pulls out the fetal sac !?!?!? After all that it was still hanging on !?! He's sent it off to the lab to see if they can get any chromosome analysis on it so will find out next week.

God, I hope that is the end of it...

On a brighter not, I spoke to the IVF clinic and next FET should be mid Feb yay !!
    @leyshoja oh my god, I'm surprised you have any blood left. That sounds AWFUL, I wish I could just give you a hug in person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like that little bean of yours was hanging on to the last @leyshoja. Keeping everything crossed for the Feb cycle for you. You deserve some good news.

I think most of us here can relate to pregnancy envy. I swear I have never seen so many baby bump's as when I started TTC. Most of them are on low life's dragging around a dozen other kids and looking miserable at being UTD again. Sigh. I actually deleted a facebook friend who announced her pregnancy shortly after she got married. She (to use a great Aussie term) tried to crack on to my DH when we were engaged. She was very much an odd bod and had upset 2 other friends doing the same with their partners. After hearing from another friend that she had some mental issues we decided not to take it seriously but kept our distance. Anyway, after DH and I were married a year, had been through cancer treatment that delayed our TTC journey and 3 rounds of IVF she announced her pregnancy. She had met a guy online, been to see him twice (he lived interstate) before getting engaged, got married 2 months later then announced they were expecting! Ugh! I decided I didn't need to hear her pregnancy updates and deleted her. Life is not fair sometimes.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skylar we don't give each other birthday presents anymore, we go out to a nice restaurant or do something together. We don't do xmas presents anymore either - dh said if you see something during the year you just buy it, I don't need to give you junk or something you don't want for xmas. Makes it a very relaxed xmas for us. All of our family is back in NZ so I bought toys for the nephews and sent them over and that was it.

On my actual bday DH did buy me flowers and cut out red love hearts with messages on them and hid them around the house. In the bathroom cabinet, clothes drawers, on the bed, in my jewellery box etc for me to find. It was very romantic.
    @leshoja I am surprised you didn't faint with all that blood loss! hopefully everything is out now and you can move forward. Will you have to do another hcg test to make sure it's all gone?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-01-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-01-2015),Skyler  (08-01-2015)