Closed Thread
Page 37 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Winsor.... it's sounds like you have dome good plans in the making there.

Leyshoja... oh, the thought of your miscarriage sounds quite dreadful. I hope it's not as bad as what your FS said to expect. You sound like you have some nice positive thoughts already for next year though.

Bongley.... you poor thing. I'm sure all these meds, on and off for years on end, totally messes with our bodies and our brains!! Thinking of you.

Leisylou.... you crack me up with all your POAS stories!!! I hadn't considered buying them online - do you save much compared to the same brands in the supermarket?

AFM.... my second BT result is looking great - 780. It was 155 on 15pdo, so my calculations for doubling every 48hrs, made it 465 for 18dpo, but 780 is much better. My FS says he doesn't want to see me back until the heartbeat scan in 2-3 weeks. I kind of agreed, but now beginning to wonder if I'm going to stay sane and hold out for that time.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (23-12-2014),faithandhopellove  (22-12-2014),JulieMalooley  (23-12-2014),Precious40  (22-12-2014),winsor  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie. That is the most fantastic News I've heard in ages. Congratulations xxx

sorry ladies I have been missing in action for a while. After my two frozen ones didn't defrost so I've been hiding. But for some reason today I jumped on and found some exciting news. So happy for u

my FS wants to try IUI. But I am hesitant as I thought it would be a backwards step from my nine cycles of ivf

You've given me hope for 2015
    xxxx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (22-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post

Leisylou.... you crack me up with all your POAS stories!!! I hadn't considered buying them online - do you save much compared to the same brands in the supermarket?

AFM.... my second BT result is looking great - 780. It was 155 on 15pdo, so my calculations for doubling every 48hrs, made it 465 for 18dpo, but 780 is much better. My FS says he doesn't want to see me back until the heartbeat scan in 2-3 weeks. I kind of agreed, but now beginning to wonder if I'm going to stay sane and hold out for that time.
    That is awesome news - fantastic hCG levels! Staying sane now is the difficult bit for sure. I have absolutely no tips for that, I am a bundle of anxiety and don't know what to do with myself once I have a BFP - so much effort goes into getting it, that the bit after is kind of a shock.

Yes, the FRER are usually $16.79 at Coles for a three pack (yep, I know the price to the cent, lol) and they are never on special. Online I just paid $11.50 per pack (I bought three!) and because the postage is $8.95 I bought heaps of other stuff I needed as well so it worked out much cheaper. That is with Pharmacy Online. I have internet cheapies for the OPKs, but am addicted to FRER for testing.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (23-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Precious.... is your FS the same as mine (Prof I at IVFA)? He was quite against my crazy IUI plan, but let me do it because 1) I was insisting and 2) I was paying!! However, I've spoken to him both on Friday and today, and I really get the feeling he's going to suggest it now to others. My DH and I were just discussing this today, that we'd already moved on from the thought of using my own eggs a year ago, and after four shots with my sister's donor eggs, here I am with my own egg fertilised and implanted and growing.

Leisylou.... thanks for the tips. I will go and check them out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie. My FS is Dr N at FN. He was the one that suggested IU. I'm the one hesitant as I feel it's backwards.
    Im in two minds now..... Go for another fresh or try an IUI

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie.... Did you do, try anything differently?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Precious.... with this IUI, the things I did from the previous 12 IVF cycles:

DIFFERENT
    - I didn't eat pineapple core
    - I didn't do acupuncture
    - I ate soft cheese, egg mayonnaise, fast food hamburgers and pizzas, and loads of chocolate (everyday)
    - I did no exercise, not even any walking

SAME or CONTINUED
    - did Intrallipid infusion (in the past twelve months I've had six - 2xIntrallipds failed, 3xstronger IVIG failed, then 1xIntrallipid worked), but I think the last one worked because of a build up of the other five
    - took Dexmethasane for the second time, instead of Prednisolone
    - took Clexane injections at 60, instead of my FS only wanting 40
    - took Neupogen injections for the second time

What I also think my body liked, is that the embryo got to find it's own place in the uterus. With all the transfers, some were painful, others I worried about my uterus contracting right there and then and expelling the embryo.

Who knows, though? I mentioned this before, but in case you missed it, I asked my FS on Friday why he thinks this one worked, and he just replied, "Well, for someone like you who has persevered for so long, it's eventually going to happen." (or something like that). Absolutely no science behind it!!

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Boysiewantsabub  (23-12-2014),faithandhopellove  (23-12-2014),JulieMalooley  (23-12-2014),Nereid  (23-12-2014),SpringRain  (23-12-2014),winsor  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That is absolutely inspiring news @MGC Bertie! That's a keen embryo you have snuggling in there. I wonder if the iui did make a difference. With so many ivf transfers of good looking embryos that didn't take, you do have to wonder.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Boysiewantsabub  (23-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I still can't believe your luck @MGC Bertie !! Congratulations again. If my next (and last) two fet's don't work, I may have to consider that too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls.... Firstly, I want to extend my condolences to the Ladies who have recently suffered losses: @Fudge09, @leyshoja, @Angels4me and anyone else I have missed. Girls, I'm so very sorry that this has happened to you. I've been following along from the sidelines and send much love and healing vibes your way (NOT a happy hug either...a comforting hug for you all). My heart really goes out to you and incidentally, a very good friend of mine found out on Monday when she went for her MW appointment that her little one had passed away too. She was 17 wks (natural conception) and delivered her Angel Baby girl in the early hours of this morning It's just so freaking unfair!!! Anyhoo..please know that you're in my thoughts xoxoxo

I'm also popping by to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year full of BFP's for all who are still on this freaking hurdy gurdy sh*t of a ride they call IVF!! Thanks also for letting me crash your thread with my unsolicited opinions, musings and various other long winded waffling's etc Looking forward to following your journeys in the new year Girlsxoxo P.s...apologies for not posting sooner.....4 words...Bloody moving and Bloody Telstra!! Am back on board now thankfully!! Take care everyonexoxox

P.P.S...Tried post some festive emoticons...Santa, Xmas tree etc but Bloody Bubhub won't let me!! LOL!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 24-12-2014 at 18:32.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Angels4me  (03-01-2015),faithandhopellove  (24-12-2014),JulieMalooley  (25-12-2014)