Closed Thread
Page 35 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1020
  1. #341
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    20,901
    Thanked
    8,069
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    How are you travelling @winsor?

    Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm doing ok, thanks for asking. I was pretty sad for a few days but it's getting easier. wed was my birthday too (was hoping for a BFP for my present - was start of our holidays too). we spoke to FS on friday and she said she didn't think it was completely futile to keep trying as she said we make good embryos (for my age). so we're thinking now about whether to do another fresh cycle in jan (this year would be the last cycles using my own eggs due to age), use the frozen one or just keep trying naturally. the original thing found (apart from my age) was DP had morphology issues so the icsi was a slightly better chance. FS said we pretty much have a 1 in 20 chance of finding a good egg. probability has never been my forte, so just hoping we find the right one this year. we did discuss donor eggs too - not sure I'm there yet, but perhaps by end of the year, which is when we'd consider that option. so, still a few weeks to think about next step and relax a bit over the break.

    good luck to @Leisylou and congrats to Bertie. it gives me hope that there may be a chance for us too when I hear of other successes. I met DP when I was 42 - a couple of times I thought I might be very early pregnant but af always arrived, though often at different times. it could have been just weird af starting to kick in (I was clockwork regular when younger). my FS said it's possible I was very early pregnant as there's been tests showing many women my age have early losses without knowing. I think I tend to have issues at/with implantation - I don't think I've ever got past that stage, but it's hard to know for sure. may have been wishful thinking that I even got that far pre-IVF anyway.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

    faithandhopellove  (21-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014),Summer  (22-12-2014)

  3. #342
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Avalon, NSW
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    8,828
    Thanked
    3,770
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bertie I contemplated doing a poas after my last trigger just so I would know what a positive looked like. If I ever get a bfp I will be using those sticks like I had shares in the company. I would have to do it just to be sure it was real. Lol.
    Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

    MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014)

  5. #343
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    20,901
    Thanked
    8,069
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Bertie I contemplated doing a poas after my last trigger just so I would know what a positive looked like. If I ever get a bfp I will be using those sticks like I had shares in the company. I would have to do it just to be sure it was real. Lol.
    Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    ha I would do the same. I didn't think to do an early test. so far all I have is print outs from the scans with follicle numbers and pics of the embryos before transfer. I think it's pretty incredible we can see these due to the technology these days, but hoping to get past that stage of course too.
    Last edited by winsor; 21-12-2014 at 21:27. Reason: found the edit sig option

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

    faithandhopellove  (22-12-2014)

  7. #344
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Hi Ladies.... thanks Laned, Bongley, Kelly, Leisylou, Faith, Butterfly, Chiefsgirl and Killarney for all your congratulations. I'm still really in disbelief that I'm actually pregnant, mostly due to a lack of symptoms. I feel no different. I know some of you have said symptoms won't come for a few weeks yet (and then I'll be regretting having said it). I'm trying to imagine a few tiny twinges and that's about all.

    Killarney... yes, I still can't believe that turkey basting (a simple IUI) did the trick. My DH said congratulations when I first told him on Friday, but his next sentence out was, "Well, the FS needs to give us $100,000 back from all those unnecessary IVF / ICSI cycles". DH is kind of right - really IUI's need to be offered first up for those who have sperm issues and are going to use donor sperm. The things I know now.

    Faith.... Lol, at you pill boxes. Infact I was looking at buying some bigger ones myself for a week's holiday in January, but decided in the end just to take a bag with all the jars!!

    Leisylou.... good luck with doing the dance tonight and in the next couple of nights.

    AFM..... I go for my second BT tomorrow, but couldn't hold out anymore, so went and bought another box of HPTs, and checked this morning (17dpo) to make sure I was still pregnant, which I am. I'm hoping that I can make it more than two days before peeing on the next stick, otherwise I'm going to become an addict!!
    @MGC Bertie Good luck with your BT today, let us know how you go. I'd be peeing on anything stick-like if I was you

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

    MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014)

  9. #345
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,415
    Thanks
    12,336
    Thanked
    5,041
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    good luck @Leisylou I think most of us older gals have tales of meeting partners later in life. I love the way the media portrays IVF women as putting careers before before family. Like it is all just down to women being 'selfish' (not that wanting to have a great career is selfish either)

    Anyway, good luck with doing it naturally. I am the same this month but god knows when my period will turn up. Its been royally screwed up this past year.
    Totally agreed @Bongley, the media can be very cruel - I've never met one lady in their forties trying to have a child that 'forgot' to have kids earlier due to her career - what a stupid false portrayal that is.

    Good luck to you for your natural cycle this month! I even felt myself ovulate last night, so I'm hoping and praying those swimmers get there! I've got DH on twice a day duty at the moment, lol, he's not complaining :-)

    Nice to meet you @winsor and great that you can relax over the holidays and get back to it next year!

    I have to confess I am a total POAS addict and should definitely have shares in the company. I try and hold of peeing until 9dpo as that is the earliest I've ever seen a positive, but from then on it's at least once or twice a day - even up to two weeks past getting the BFP. Watching those two lines come up is addictive. Yesterday when I was having my LH surge I peed on a OPK stick every single time I peed. That was at least eight sticks throughout the day, lol. Then I did another one this morning that isn't showing positive, so I will let those go now and count the days to 9dpo so then I can pee on the FRER's.

    I just ordered a tube of Conceive Plus and three x three packs of FRER's online which should arrive today. Total POAS Addict :-)

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

    faithandhopellove  (22-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014),winsor  (22-12-2014)

  11. #346
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post
    Totally agreed @Bongley, the media can be very cruel - I've never met one lady in their forties trying to have a child that 'forgot' to have kids earlier due to her career - what a stupid false portrayal that is.

    Good luck to you for your natural cycle this month! I even felt myself ovulate last night, so I'm hoping and praying those swimmers get there! I've got DH on twice a day duty at the moment, lol, he's not complaining :-)

    Nice to meet you @winsor and great that you can relax over the holidays and get back to it next year!

    I have to confess I am a total POAS addict and should definitely have shares in the company. I try and hold of peeing until 9dpo as that is the earliest I've ever seen a positive, but from then on it's at least once or twice a day - even up to two weeks past getting the BFP. Watching those two lines come up is addictive. Yesterday when I was having my LH surge I peed on a OPK stick every single time I peed. That was at least eight sticks throughout the day, lol. Then I did another one this morning that isn't showing positive, so I will let those go now and count the days to 9dpo so then I can pee on the FRER's.

    I just ordered a tube of Conceive Plus and three x three packs of FRER's online which should arrive today. Total POAS Addict :-)
    Ha, I just ordered a load of internet cheapies to keep me happy. Although I've only had 2 natural periods in the past 18 months. I've got a snowballs chance in hell of snagging an ovulation *sigh* I hope my periods start to get regular now I'm stopping IVF (they used to be like clockwork).

    I just feel like an infertile sitting duck. I don't think thats even the right metaphor. I have never had a natural BFP and I doubt I'll be getting one now

  12. #347
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,415
    Thanks
    12,336
    Thanked
    5,041
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Ha, I just ordered a load of internet cheapies to keep me happy. Although I've only had 2 natural periods in the past 18 months. I've got a snowballs chance in hell of snagging an ovulation *sigh* I hope my periods start to get regular now I'm stopping IVF (they used to be like clockwork).

    I just feel like an infertile sitting duck. I don't think thats even the right metaphor. I have never had a natural BFP and I doubt I'll be getting one now
    Oh sweet, that absolutely sucks. I take you've done every naturopathic thing in the books as well for the PCOS and Graves? Your body might just surprise you and get back into a natural rhythm. Fingers crossed for you xxxx

  13. #348
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post
    Oh sweet, that absolutely sucks. I take you've done every naturopathic thing in the books as well for the PCOS and Graves? Your body might just surprise you and get back into a natural rhythm. Fingers crossed for you xxxx
    @Leisylou thanks. Well I've done everything my doctors have suggested. My Graves is in remission and I see an endocrinologist every few months (I'm on thyroxine). I am taking metformin for my polycystic ovaries.I don't have the syndrome and I have always had regular periods until I had my son. Anyway, I'll give it a few months for everything to settle down to a natural rhythm, as you say. My hormones have been pumped up and down regulated so many times it may take a while!
    Also seeing a counselor end of jan to have a chat about it all. I don't think we're ready to give up yet but I don't really know what to do next........

  14. #349
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    20,901
    Thanked
    8,069
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    good luck @Bongley, i hope your body goes back in sync once all the extra hormones leave your system.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

    Bongley  (22-12-2014)

  16. #350
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck today @MGC Bertie !
    Afm in the full throes of my m/c now and hoping it's over for Xmas day. So far, not so bad. My fs scared me by saying I need to know where the nearest hospital will be while we are away as a lot of women require morphine ?!? Just seems like my usual very heavy AF so far.
    I'm actually really looking forward to doing the next FET in jan/feb because I reckon that will be the one. Two donor eggs, at around a 40-50% chance of success each. SURELY I'll be UTD after that !

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    faithandhopellove  (22-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014),Summer  (22-12-2014)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
WaterWipes
Give your babies bottom a gift this Xmas! They are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract and may help avoid nappy rash. Check out the great reviews on bubhub and see our website for more info and availability.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
L'il Aussie Prems Foundation
An Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at high risk of giving birth prematurely, who have babies currently in hospital and families with toddlers who were born too soon.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!