Closed Thread
Page 34 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Packed my TTC pills and potions for a trip to the inlaws. Had to buy a new pill box to fit them all in.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    @Leisylou I hope it all goes well for you. My ex husband actually had 3 kids and didn't want more, which suited me, but not long before he left me, he had convinced me we should, so we started trying but a few months later he realised he was trying to fix our relationship with it and didn't actually want more, then left. I was just over 40 so figured that was the end of that road. I met dp within weeks of that happening, bad timing as I was a mess but somehow we managed to stay together despite my state of mind. He has no kids and was keen so even tho it was too early in a new relationship, about 6 months later we started this ivf saga and I was in such turmoil being forced into it because of age, but knowing I really wasn't emotionally ready. At least now I've had the time to be ready I suppose so that's one bonus
    I wish that I had met him a few years earlier too. We would have a 6 month old if things hadn't gone awry last time. And now I'm waiting to miscarry this one. It still hasn't started, which is disconcerting as I know it's going to end but the poor little thing is hanging on.
    Sometimes I feel very unlucky, but it's not all bad. I have my sweet dp and he makes me feel very lucky. If none of this works out I'm going to make sure we have a hell of a good life in other ways.
    Enough about me, I wish you all the best and a big welcome !! Go you left ovary
    My DH was in the same situation. Ex girlfriend had 3 kids didn't want anymore. She decided to call it quits then DH met me. Both of us had no kids so we decided to move it along pretty quickly. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with cancer so IVF was our only option. So wish we had met a few years earlier. Both of us suffered through bad break ups prior to meeting. I think my ex actually ditched me because he thought I was getting too old to have kids. Ugh!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (21-12-2014),Summer  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for sharing your stories @leyshoja & @faithandhopellove - at this age we all have sure have them, but I know we are blessed to have found our amazing men at this age and I know I am so thankful to have my DH. As you say leyshoja, even if this journey doesn't end in having a child, we will still make sure we create an incredible life together.

AFM, I was married young and by my early thirties I was realising that he wasn't the one to be having a family with, so even though he was a lovely man, I had to make the hard decision to move on because I did want a family.

I was with my next partner at the age of 35 and he said he wanted five children, which was one of the reasons I wanted to be with him. The only thing was that it was a complete and utter lie and he had no intention of ever having children with me - he just dangled that carrot in front of my nose to keep me in the relationship. He was emotionally abusive, and as it happened slowly, I didn't realise what game he was playing for a couple of years. I cried, begged and pleaded with him to start a family, but he always had some excuse, usually about money, and would say "in six months" and then we'd start planning etc and then in six months he would pull that trick again. Because he was so convincing and I was so desperate for a family I stayed for way too long. By the time I left I was 39. I was emotionally shattered, had a breakdown and grieved long and hard for the children I would never have.

I met my gorgeous DH at 40 and as his last partner had basically used him as a sperm donor, he was very cautious about making sure our relationship was rock solid before thinking about children. It was only after eighteen months and we'd gotten engaged that we made the decision to start trying for a family - longer than I wanted to wait, but I knew he was the love of my life and building our relationship was very important. We both had lots of scars from the past that we needed to heal together. I fell pregnant the first time we tried, and now, eighteen months and several miscarriages later, here I am looking at this path...

Anyway, this will be my last natural cycle, and my OPK stick just came up with a massive LH surge, so I have everything crossed (except my legs, lol) that we catch a good egg this month and I can get a BFP and start on the protocol from Wazza to try and prevent a miscarriage. Go eggy go!!!

Last edited by Summer; 21-12-2014 at 17:15. Reason: typos

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (21-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing your stories @leyshoja & @faithandhopellove - at this age we all have sure have them, but I know we are blessed to have found our amazing men at this age and I know I am so thankful to have my DH. As you say leyshoja, even if this journey doesn't end in having a child, we will still make sure we create an incredible life together.

AFM, I was married young and by my early thirties I was realising that he wasn't the one to be having a family with, so even though he was a lovely man, I had to make the hard decision to move on because I did want a family.

I was with my next partner at the age of 35 and he said he wanted five children, which was one of the reasons I wanted to be with him. The only thing was that it was a complete and utter lie and he had no intention of ever having children with me - he just dangled that carrot in front of my nose to keep me in the relationship. He was emotionally abusive, and as it happened slowly, I didn't realise what game he was playing for a couple of years. I cried, begged and pleaded with him to start a family, but he always had some excuse, usually about money, and would say "in six months" and then we'd start planning etc and then in six months he would pull that trick again. Because he was so convincing and I was so desperate for a family I stayed for way too long. By the time I left I was 39. I was emotionally shattered, had a breakdown and grieved long and hard for the children I would never have.

I met my gorgeous DH at 40 and as his last partner had basically used him as a sperm donor, he was very cautious about making sure our relationship was rock solid before thinking about children. It was only after eighteen months and we'd gotten engaged that we made the decision to start trying for a family - longer than I wanted to wait, but I knew he was the love of my life and building our relationship was very important. We both had lots of scars from the past that we needed to heal together. I fell pregnant the first time we tried, and now, eighteen months and several miscarriages later, here I am looking at this path...

Anyway, this will be my last natural cycle, and my OPK stick just came up with a massive LH surge, so I have everything crossed (except my legs, lol) that we catch a good egg this month and I can get a BFP and start on the protocol from Wazza to try and prevent a miscarriage. Go eggy go!!!

Lol good luck this month

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Summer  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Lol good luck this month
    Thanks honey, and I'm so sorry you're going through such a heartbreaking time right now. Love and hugs xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie woohoo the turkey baster did the trick hey, delighted for you. Wishing you a boring but extremely healthy pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post

Anyway, this will be my last natural cycle, and my OPK stick just came up with a massive LH surge, so I have everything crossed (except my legs, lol)
    good luck @Leisylou I think most of us older gals have tales of meeting partners later in life. I love the way the media portrays IVF women as putting careers before before family. Like it is all just down to women being 'selfish' (not that wanting to have a great career is selfish either)

Anyway, good luck with doing it naturally. I am the same this month but god knows when my period will turn up. Its been royally screwed up this past year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    good luck @Leisylou I think most of us older gals have tales of meeting partners later in life. I love the way the media portrays IVF women as putting careers before before family. Like it is all just down to women being 'selfish' (not that wanting to have a great career is selfish either)

Anyway, good luck with doing it naturally. I am the same this month but god knows when my period will turn up. Its been royally screwed up this past year.
    So true @Bongley. The way ladies like us are portrayed in the media is just crap. I would have dropped everything to have a family but never met the right guy to do that with until now. Career has never been my priority.

GL with the natural ttc. No AF for me yet but tried the poas and it was negative. Long shot for us post DH's chemotherapy but Bertie's bfp has renewed my faith in miracles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you travelling @winsor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies.... thanks Laned, Bongley, Kelly, Leisylou, Faith, Butterfly, Chiefsgirl and Killarney for all your congratulations. I'm still really in disbelief that I'm actually pregnant, mostly due to a lack of symptoms. I feel no different. I know some of you have said symptoms won't come for a few weeks yet (and then I'll be regretting having said it). I'm trying to imagine a few tiny twinges and that's about all.

Killarney... yes, I still can't believe that turkey basting (a simple IUI) did the trick. My DH said congratulations when I first told him on Friday, but his next sentence out was, "Well, the FS needs to give us $100,000 back from all those unnecessary IVF / ICSI cycles". DH is kind of right - really IUI's need to be offered first up for those who have sperm issues and are going to use donor sperm. The things I know now.

Faith.... Lol, at you pill boxes. Infact I was looking at buying some bigger ones myself for a week's holiday in January, but decided in the end just to take a bag with all the jars!!

Leisylou.... good luck with doing the dance tonight and in the next couple of nights.

AFM..... I go for my second BT tomorrow, but couldn't hold out anymore, so went and bought another box of HPTs, and checked this morning (17dpo) to make sure I was still pregnant, which I am. I'm hoping that I can make it more than two days before peeing on the next stick, otherwise I'm going to become an addict!!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (22-12-2014),Kelly70  (21-12-2014),Summer  (22-12-2014)