Closed Thread
Page 33 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie due dates are taken from your last menstrual period (if you were to have had a natural cycle) not from date of conception (in the case of ivf) or ovulation.... yes you can add another 2 weeks to your dates. Very exciting for you!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Fudge09; 19-12-2014 at 22:42.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oooh.. emotional rollercoaster. I am so happy and so sad all at once.
    Firstly congratulations Bertie. I was reading your post and blurted out "You'll never guess who's pregnant?" Cricket watching DH said "Huh?" I then had to explain it was a Bubhub thing and not someone he knew.
    To all the lovely ladies who have lost their bubs at whatever stage: Hugs. Words won't do it.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MC Bertie - AAAAAMMMMAAAAZZZIIINNGGGG and such wonderful. News congratulations Hun. Wishing you a healthy, safe and very happy pregnancy. Xxx

Fudge - I must honestly say, reading your post just makes my stomach drop and chest tighten. I truly can't imagine how painful it would be for you. I am so sorry that you have not been able to be provided with definitive answers about your beautiful little boy. I am sure the further information about the Clexane is now only causing more angst and confusion. I can say I was on Clexane until 12 weeks with my pregnancy. I had a small subchorionic bleed at 6.5 weeks and a really big subchorionic bleed at 17 weeks (which scared the cr@p out of me). I can't say whether these were related to the Clexane. I did ask my FS at the time of the earlier bleed whether to stop the Clexane to which he advised he did not believe it was due to the Clexane and advised to continue. I am in absolute awe of you, I can't believe that you have to turn your mind to another cycle, when you should as you say be planning for the arrival of your precious boy. My heart truly aches for you. I only wish there was some way of bringing little Lewis back for you. Xxx

Angels4 and Leyshoja - I am sorry to read your news. Xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (20-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Angels4me I'm so sorry to hear that. 9 weeks.... that is just heartbreaking.
    @Fudge09 I'm so sorry to go from halfway through your pregnancy to back to IVF is just awful. Its just such a fight and struggle and really not fair.
    @leyshoja I hope everything happens quickly now and you do end up with two. Sorry to hear you started getting ms. Again, just not fair at all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie I had to read your post twice to make sure it was your post! What an amazing surprise!!! Stick little bean stick! What an amazing christmas present........

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG @MGC Bertie, after all you have been through to fall pregnant on an iui - woooooooooow!! Massive congrats, so thrilled for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Leisylou.... sorry you have to come and join our thread, but you will find amazing support and advice here. Considering that you have got pregnant a number of times before, it's good to hear that Wazza has you on some very standard "immune protocol" meds (aspirin, Clexane and prednisolone). I would suggest that you ask him to test you for anti-nuclear antibodies (ANAs) and Natural Killer cells (NKCs) to confirm what he's obviously thinking. If you do have those, then I really suggest you consider having Intrallipid or IVIG treatment, as some women are really getting success with them.

As others already know on here, nothing has worked for me, and if this present IUI doesn't work then I'm off the South Africa in March for young donor eggs. That's having better success than any other type of IVF. We'll all talk later about how we got to that decision, but basically, for me, it's involved two years of solidly crying and howling, day, night, in the car etc etc. For the last year, I just cry periodically and howl not so often, so obviously I'm sort of coming to terms with it. Can I ask at what stage have your pregnancies stopped, as different times sort of show different things?

Dear Bertie,

Firstly I want to say a huge congratulations on your BFP!!! I know we don't know each other yet, with me being so new to this thread, but any BFP is a cause for happy dancing! I hope this is a sticky little bean for you.

I also wanted to say a huge thank you for your post above - I am in tears reading it because for you to be so honest and say that you cried and howled for two years makes me feel so normal and validated. No-one in my life understands how heart-breaking my journey has been - there is a very sad story behind why I only got to start trying for a family in my 40's (probably like most of us have) and that just makes it so much harder when I wish I had have met my DH in my thirties and been able to have more time up my sleeve to make a family with him. I do feel like I'm not allowed to cry and be upset about possibly having to use donor eggs - I know they are a gift and I would be so grateful if that was my only possibility, but there is such heart-break in knowing that our child wouldn't be the joining of DH and myself. It just hurts.

My DH has two children from past relationships, so he doesn't understand how it feels to have no family of my own. I love his boys, but they're not mine and one is an adult, and my other DSS is eight and we have him every weekend and half the holidays - but being a step-mum doesn't make this easier, in many ways it is actually harder because DH shared all those beautiful moments of creating a family and having a baby with another woman, not me and that just adds another layer of pain to this whole **** journey.

I'm actually a really positive person, but the last year has just thrown me and everyone around me expects me to just pick myself up and get on with things, when losing the last baby just three months ago is still raw and I'm still grieving. Even DH who is the most awesome bloke in the whole world doesn't get it and when I tell him I am going to be struggling this Christmas because I should have either had a Feb baby, a September baby or be 22 weeks by now - he doesn't really understand why I'm so distraught and expects I should be 'over it' by now. Being around everyone else's happy families with little kids is just hard and there's no-one in my life I can talk to about how I feel - it's like everyone has forgotten that I have five little angel babies and may never be a Mum.

Anyway, enough of the downer talk.. To answer your questions Bertie, I have been tested for everything under the sun including ANA, clotting factors, immune factors, chromosomes etc etc - and I have an integrative doctor who's done some really out of the box tests as well and nothing shows up at all. So seeing as the natural way hasn't worked I'm open to drug therapies and the Intralipids definitely interest me, so I'll see where we go from here. I'm still digesting all the info from our appointment this week, so once I go through all that I'll put together a plan. My sister-in-law has told me that she was the same - nothing showed up at all on her tests, but the drug protocol did work for her.

I've never seen a heartbeat, all my babies have passed between six and eight weeks. I've had three D&Cs - two were missed miscarriages, one was a partial miscarriage with a big clot, and my last one I miscarried naturally.

One thing that gives me a little hope is that Wazza thinks my right ovary is pretty much dead, but my left one looks really good. Every miscarriage has been from the right ovary as they have always found the corpus luteum on the right. This month my left ovary is ovulating, so maybe there is something in that - maybe my left tube is blocked and I can only fall from the right side which is the crap one. That's the first time I've heard that, so maybe there is some hope that my left eggs are OK. Wazza seems to think I've just got old eggs, so I guess I'll find that out if we do a round of IVF and get some eggs from my left side...

To those who have just lost their little ones, there's nothing to say except I'm so sorry and what a f**ing tragedy. Hugs and tears through this awful time.

OK, that enough from me! Sorry about the novel, I'm a writer so tend to waffle on a lot. I'll try and keep it short and sweet in the future.
    xxxx
    Last edited by Summer; 20-12-2014 at 10:29. Reason: typos

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (20-12-2014),JulieMalooley  (21-12-2014),Kelly70  (20-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014),Nereid  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Chiefsgirl....what a pain about that cyst. Hope it heals up quickly. Which immune drug have you been researching?

Killarney.... sorry to hear about you Hcg number not being too high. How upsetting to be so close, but just not there.

AFM.... everyone, you're not going to believe it but I am PREGNANT!!!!!! Yes, it's a BFP!!!! No, I'm not joking. My Hcg level is 150 (19dpo or 19dp when I had the IUI). My FS called me himself, and I knew by looking at the number that it was his desk and not the nurses (trust him to get to make the BFP calls and leave the nurses usually to make the BFN calls!!)

Anyhow, after he told me, all I could blurt out was, "Are you sure?" He says yes, but still all I say again is, "Are you actually sure?" Then I broke down crying, but thankfully I was at my Mum's so she did the rest of the talk with him (!!!). Strangely he said that my progesterone level is also 150, so she queried that both numbers were the same, but he just said that anything above 50 is good. I go for next BT on Monday. He did say, not to get too excited, as many people miscarry - I know that, but gee thanks!!

So what did I do different this time than the previous 12 failed IVF cycles? I didn't bother to eat pineapple core, I didn't do acupuncture, I didn't go for any exercise and have been a lazy bum, I ate soft cheese and I ate a lot of chocolate everyday for the whole two weeks!!! On the positives, I think having Intrallipids / IVIG over the past 6 months have built up in my system, my dosage of Dex was increased by half and by not having a transfer, there was no chance of my uterus going into a spasm, but rather the embryo found it's own place to implant.

And yes, I've been shaking my head all afternoon, as I really have no symptoms. I would have only have had a couple of slight twinges, no different to twinges that I get all the time, during a cycle or not, it's always the same. So there you go, no symptoms mean nothing.

Thank you everyone who has given me such support and encouragement every step of the way. I know that I just have to take each day as it comes now, but I couldn't have done it without everyone on here.
    You little ripper!!!!

Merry $&&@& Christmas !!!!!!!

How bloody wonderful, seriously awesome news. What an achievement. Xxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg @MGC Bertie, I am so darn happy for you! After all this time I am so pleased you finally got your bfp! I was researching neupogen. Dr m has agreed to let me use it during stims. I also have some Hla matches now too, so have to research a bit more about them and the treatment (dr m has just said neupogen, but I want to investigate more before we transfer).
    @Fudge09 clexane is a fairly standard drug for us immune ladies, and I have heard is some on it for most of their pregnancy, so while I understand the risks, I would think its a minor one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post
    Dear Bertie,

Firstly I want to say a huge congratulations on your BFP!!! I know we don't know each other yet, with me being so new to this thread, but any BFP is a cause for happy dancing! I hope this is a sticky little bean for you.

I also wanted to say a huge thank you for your post above - I am in tears reading it because for you to be so honest and say that you cried and howled for two years makes me feel so normal and validated. No-one in my life understands how heart-breaking my journey has been - there is a very sad story behind why I only got to start trying for a family in my 40's (probably like most of us have) and that just makes it so much harder when I wish I had have met my DH in my thirties and been able to have more time up my sleeve to make a family with him. I do feel like I'm not allowed to cry and be upset about possibly having to use donor eggs - I know they are a gift and I would be so grateful if that was my only possibility, but there is such heart-break in knowing that our child wouldn't be the joining of DH and myself. It just hurts.

My DH has two children from past relationships, so he doesn't understand how it feels to have no family of my own. I love his boys, but they're not mine and one is an adult, and my other DSS is eight and we have him every weekend and half the holidays - but being a step-mum doesn't make this easier, in many ways it is actually harder because DH shared all those beautiful moments of creating a family and having a baby with another woman, not me and that just adds another layer of pain to this whole **** journey.

I'm actually a really positive person, but the last year has just thrown me and everyone around me expects me to just pick myself up and get on with things, when losing the last baby just three months ago is still raw and I'm still grieving. Even DH who is the most awesome bloke in the whole world doesn't get it and when I tell him I am going to be struggling this Christmas because I should have either had a Feb baby, a September baby or be 22 weeks by now - he doesn't really understand why I'm so distraught and expects I should be 'over it' by now. Being around everyone else's happy families with little kids is just hard and there's no-one in my life I can talk to about how I feel - it's like everyone has forgotten that I have five little angel babies and may never be a Mum.

Anyway, enough of the downer talk.. To answer your questions Bertie, I have been tested for everything under the sun including ANA, clotting factors, immune factors, chromosomes etc etc - and I have an integrative doctor who's done some really out of the box tests as well and nothing shows up at all. So seeing as the natural way hasn't worked I'm open to drug therapies and the Intralipids definitely interest me, so I'll see where we go from here. I'm still digesting all the info from our appointment this week, so once I go through all that I'll put together a plan. My sister-in-law has told me that she was the same - nothing showed up at all on her tests, but the drug protocol did work for her.

I've never seen a heartbeat, all my babies have passed between six and eight weeks. I've had three D&Cs - two were missed miscarriages, one was a partial miscarriage with a big clot, and my last one I miscarried naturally.

One thing that gives me a little hope is that Wazza thinks my right ovary is pretty much dead, but my left one looks really good. Every miscarriage has been from the right ovary as they have always found the corpus luteum on the right. This month my left ovary is ovulating, so maybe there is something in that - maybe my left tube is blocked and I can only fall from the right side which is the crap one. That's the first time I've heard that, so maybe there is some hope that my left eggs are OK. Wazza seems to think I've just got old eggs, so I guess I'll find that out if we do a round of IVF and get some eggs from my left side...

To those who have just lost their little ones, there's nothing to say except I'm so sorry and what a f**ing tragedy. Hugs and tears through this awful time.

OK, that enough from me! Sorry about the novel, I'm a writer so tend to waffle on a lot. I'll try and keep it short and sweet in the future.
    xxxx
    @Leisylou I hope it all goes well for you. My ex husband actually had 3 kids and didn't want more, which suited me, but not long before he left me, he had convinced me we should, so we started trying but a few months later he realised he was trying to fix our relationship with it and didn't actually want more, then left. I was just over 40 so figured that was the end of that road. I met dp within weeks of that happening, bad timing as I was a mess but somehow we managed to stay together despite my state of mind. He has no kids and was keen so even tho it was too early in a new relationship, about 6 months later we started this ivf saga and I was in such turmoil being forced into it because of age, but knowing I really wasn't emotionally ready. At least now I've had the time to be ready I suppose so that's one bonus
    I wish that I had met him a few years earlier too. We would have a 6 month old if things hadn't gone awry last time. And now I'm waiting to miscarry this one. It still hasn't started, which is disconcerting as I know it's going to end but the poor little thing is hanging on.
    Sometimes I feel very unlucky, but it's not all bad. I have my sweet dp and he makes me feel very lucky. If none of this works out I'm going to make sure we have a hell of a good life in other ways.
    Enough about me, I wish you all the best and a big welcome !! Go you left ovary

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Summer  (21-12-2014)