Closed Thread
Page 31 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Leisylou You'll find lots of support and knowledge in these groups. I'm so sorry you've had such a heartbreaking journey so far x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

Summer  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome @Leisylou

So sorry its been a rough ride for you too I hope we get to see you up the duff on this thread, one way or the other!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Summer  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leisylou.... sorry you have to come and join our thread, but you will find amazing support and advice here. Considering that you have got pregnant a number of times before, it's good to hear that Wazza has you on some very standard "immune protocol" meds (aspirin, Clexane and prednisolone). I would suggest that you ask him to test you for anti-nuclear antibodies (ANAs) and Natural Killer cells (NKCs) to confirm what he's obviously thinking. If you do have those, then I really suggest you consider having Intrallipid or IVIG treatment, as some women are really getting success with them.

As others already know on here, nothing has worked for me, and if this present IUI doesn't work then I'm off the South Africa in March for young donor eggs. That's having better success than any other type of IVF. We'll all talk later about how we got to that decision, but basically, for me, it's involved two years of solidly crying and howling, day, night, in the car etc etc. For the last year, I just cry periodically and howl not so often, so obviously I'm sort of coming to terms with it. Can I ask at what stage have your pregnancies stopped, as different times sort of show different things?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #11

Ah irony.... So as you all know I'm off all drugs and waiting to miscarry my non growing little peanut, however ms has started this morning. Talk about staying power... It's putting up a good fight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez. Sending hugs to you @leyshoja.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    @leyshoja so sorry for what you're going through right now. Praying for some good news for you today. Your little bean sure is a fighter. @winsor one of the lovely ladies here had cramping and spotting and thought AF was coming and was surprised to get a BFP. I hope this is the case for you too!
    AFM tried the OPK this month. I got a feint line on the second day of testing so thought "this is it!" So baby dance ensued. Next day tested and got another feint line. So more baby dancing. After 4 days of feint lines and more BDing the line became dark. Yikes. 2 more days of baby dancing later I was exhausted and even DH was looking battle weary. Blooming Ovulation Predictor Kit! AF is due Christmas day so let's see what Santa brings. Not a single symptom as yet but after 4 failed IVF rounds we're not overly optimistic. I do believe in miracles however.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Hahahahahahaha I'm in the same boat, thought it was the first month this year when we weren't actually waiting for IVF, on drugs for IVF or on the pill so why not? I'm on chinese herbs and doing accupuncture so actually got the lines on my OPK, but it did drag on for a few days, DH was glad when it was over! I'm due on my birthday - christmas eve - so we must have had the same busy week!

Sorry I have been MIA lately ladies, I've been madly researching a drug I wanted my immune doctor to give me and added to work and life it's just been hectic! I've also developed an infection on a cyst or something so had to go to hospital on Wednesday to have it drained (they couldn't cut it out cos the infection was so bad). So have a massive dressing on my back, can't wear a bra - gosh life is just great!

@leshoja; I am so sorry for the pain you must be going through at the moment. I can't remember, are you on any immune drugs? Hopefully it will resolve itself soon and you can enjoy christmas.

to everyone else

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Hahahahahahaha I'm in the same boat, thought it was the first month this year when we weren't actually waiting for IVF, on drugs for IVF or on the pill so why not? I'm on chinese herbs and doing accupuncture so actually got the lines on my OPK, but it did drag on for a few days, DH was glad when it was over! I'm due on my birthday - christmas eve - so we must have had the same busy week!

Sorry I have been MIA lately ladies, I've been madly researching a drug I wanted my immune doctor to give me and added to work and life it's just been hectic! I've also developed an infection on a cyst or something so had to go to hospital on Wednesday to have it drained (they couldn't cut it out cos the infection was so bad). So have a massive dressing on my back, can't wear a bra - gosh life is just great!

@leshoja; I am so sorry for the pain you must be going through at the moment. I can't remember, are you on any immune drugs? Hopefully it will resolve itself soon and you can enjoy christmas.

to everyone else
    No I was not on any immune drugs. I was praying it would resolve soon as we are driving to cairns tomorrow then for the next two weeks will be fishing, snorkelling, boating. That's going to be great, not knowing when it will happen and when it does happen, trying to manage it in that environment. I'm actually over it now, just wanting to get on with the next attempt..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like I am going to have a chemical. Had my first Beta today at 13dp5dt and the results were poor. HCG is only 68, have another beta on Monday to see if things improve. HPT were getting darker but seem to have stopped. Totally devastated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Killarneygirl View Post
    Looks like I am going to have a chemical. Had my first Beta today at 13dp5dt and the results were poor. HCG is only 68, have another beta on Monday to see if things improve. HPT were getting darker but seem to have stopped. Totally devastated
    I'm so sorry to hear that @Killarneygirl. I hope the next one shows an improvement. Good luck...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Killarneygirl  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl....what a pain about that cyst. Hope it heals up quickly. Which immune drug have you been researching?

Killarney.... sorry to hear about you Hcg number not being too high. How upsetting to be so close, but just not there.

AFM.... everyone, you're not going to believe it but I am PREGNANT!!!!!! Yes, it's a BFP!!!! No, I'm not joking. My Hcg level is 150 (19dpo or 19dp when I had the IUI). My FS called me himself, and I knew by looking at the number that it was his desk and not the nurses (trust him to get to make the BFP calls and leave the nurses usually to make the BFN calls!!)

Anyhow, after he told me, all I could blurt out was, "Are you sure?" He says yes, but still all I say again is, "Are you actually sure?" Then I broke down crying, but thankfully I was at my Mum's so she did the rest of the talk with him (!!!). Strangely he said that my progesterone level is also 150, so she queried that both numbers were the same, but he just said that anything above 50 is good. I go for next BT on Monday. He did say, not to get too excited, as many people miscarry - I know that, but gee thanks!!

So what did I do different this time than the previous 12 failed IVF cycles? I didn't bother to eat pineapple core, I didn't do acupuncture, I didn't go for any exercise and have been a lazy bum, I ate soft cheese and I ate a lot of chocolate everyday for the whole two weeks!!! On the positives, I think having Intrallipids / IVIG over the past 6 months have built up in my system, my dosage of Dex was increased by half and by not having a transfer, there was no chance of my uterus going into a spasm, but rather the embryo found it's own place to implant.

And yes, I've been shaking my head all afternoon, as I really have no symptoms. I would have only have had a couple of slight twinges, no different to twinges that I get all the time, during a cycle or not, it's always the same. So there you go, no symptoms mean nothing.

Thank you everyone who has given me such support and encouragement every step of the way. I know that I just have to take each day as it comes now, but I couldn't have done it without everyone on here.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (20-12-2014),SpringRain  (19-12-2014)