Closed Thread
Page 30 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    congrats @Killarneygirl @leyshoja i still have hope for you

I think I'm out. started getting a few cramps like from my heavy af days last night. they've started again now. seeing very light af. which was expected for today if it was coming. will see how things go overnight/tomorrow. pretty sad

Oh no @winsor !!!! Any update ???

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

winsor  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @leyshoja so sorry for what you're going through right now. Praying for some good news for you today. Your little bean sure is a fighter. @winsor one of the lovely ladies here had cramping and spotting and thought AF was coming and was surprised to get a BFP. I hope this is the case for you too!
    AFM tried the OPK this month. I got a feint line on the second day of testing so thought "this is it!" So baby dance ensued. Next day tested and got another feint line. So more baby dancing. After 4 days of feint lines and more BDing the line became dark. Yikes. 2 more days of baby dancing later I was exhausted and even DH was looking battle weary. Blooming Ovulation Predictor Kit! AF is due Christmas day so let's see what Santa brings. Not a single symptom as yet but after 4 failed IVF rounds we're not overly optimistic. I do believe in miracles however.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (16-12-2014),winsor  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL @faithhopeandlove that is hilarious (for us, not so much you)
    Yes, my little bean is a fighter but unfortunately I'm giving up the fight on its behalf today. I should now be 8 weeks and it is still measuring at 6w1d and has been that size for each of the 3 ultrasounds over the last two weeks. The heart rate has slowed down again too. I've agreed with my doctor that its best to go off the drugs and miscarry naturally.
    I've also convinced him that the best thing for me is to transfer 2 x donor embies next time (even tho their policy is one) so there's a positive. Hopefuly that will be mid-Feb.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks, I would love for the test tomorrow to be a bfp but it's looking like my regular af now - it's a light day before the heavy will likely start tomorrow. I'm not on extra progesterone, which I've read can sometimes cause bleeding close to af time, so I think this is more likely af. had night sweats too which show up when af does too. the cramps have stopped but guessing they'll be back tomorrow. I guess the embryo wasn't right this time. we're not sure what to do next. will talk to the doctor. if only I'd met my DP years earlier and was younger we might have more luck.

sorry to hear there's not better news for you @leyshoja. that's sad. I've never seen a bfp so it must be worse to have it and lose it later.

good luck @faithandhopellove - I hope you get good news at xmas.
    Last edited by winsor; 16-12-2014 at 12:43.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (16-12-2014),JulieMalooley  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja sorry I meant to comment earlier. I'm so sorry about this recent news Its so horrible when it drags out and you know something is not right. I hope everything happens quickly from now on and you can get back into the battle again (feels like a war though sometimes eh?)
    @winsor I'm sorry to hear about your BFN too

man, this is a tough thread at times.

AFM After the last failed cycle I keep thinking of donor eggs. I do think its our only option left if we want another child. I just don't know if my partner will do it. I really don't know if I'm up to it but the idea is swilling around in there. I have spoken to my partner but haven't pushed for it, just planted the seed in his head. Going to give it two months and a chat with a counselor at the end of Jan.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (16-12-2014),JulieMalooley  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Over 40s Roll Call

Waiting
    Fingerscrossd11 #8 DP mild NK cells
    Ertgirl #5
    Wanabemum #? FET Oct
    Cyd # 6? 14?
    Beckymae #2 Oct/Nov
    Malkitek #6
    Precious40 - #9
    Tuxcat - #8 - 1 frostie
    Twinkley #2 - 1 frostie
    KLM0511 - #7 FET DE (SA) 2015
    SpringRain - #11 - ? frosties
    Sophdask - #8 - FET Jan 2015
    Biscotti71 - #5
    Kelly70 - #5
    Butterfly39 #3 - 16 frosties (awaiting PGD)
    Chiefsgirl - #9 - 3 frosties
    Petal40 - #5 - 4 frosties
    Fudge09 - #4 (1 angel 18wks)
    Bongley - #12
    Faithandhopelove - #5 - Jan 2015
    Nereid - #5
    Leisylou - #1
    Angels4Me #11
    Winsor #3
    Leyshoja #10 - DE (clinic) FET

Cycle Underway

TWW
    Killarneygirl #3 - 3/5 eggs fert, 2x5dt 6/12, BT 22/12
    GnH #8 - ICSI start 17/11, EPU 12/12

UTD
    MyHeart #9 DE (World Egg Bank) 2x3d (2 frosties), EDD 9/15
    MGCBertie #13 - IUI with donor sperm 4/12, EDD 29/8/15
    Smileygirl #4 - (5 frosties), ?x5dt, EDD
    Grace1 - #1 - 6 eggs, 2x3dt, EDD 5/15
    Luca- #9 DE (SA), 2x5dt, EDD 10/5/15
    MrsErinR - #4 DE EDD 25/2/15
    Kenta - #12 EDD 1/15 girl

Proud Mummies
    Emski72 - #8 DE (SA) baby girl born 12/11/14
    Liveandlearn - #4 baby girl born 22/9/14
    BlondeinBrisVegas - #5 baby girl born 28/8/14
    Ann17 - #6 baby born 21/5/14
    Sunny15 - #9 baby boy born 24/4/14
    TeamPanda #8 baby girl born 21/4/14
    MusicalGal #4 baby boy born 7/3/14
    Twocam #1 baby boy born 19/1/14
    Chook11 #6 baby boy born 15/1/14
    Smileygirl #1 baby girl born ?/13
    JoJoD #10 baby boy born 12/12/13
    Bongley - #4 baby boy born 11/12
    Wannabb - twins born 2012
    Micca - #3 baby girl born 2011 and #11 baby born 18/1/14
    Ertgirl #3 baby boy born 2012?
    Cyd #10 baby boy born 2011?
    Killarneygirl #1 baby girl born ?
    Dextersmum #2 baby girl born ?
    Angels4Me #1 baby boy born /12
    Octoberbaby2010 #2 baby born 20/9/10 and #8 baby born 19/4/14
    GNH #1 baby girl born 2010 and #3 baby boy born 2012

Not on Bubhub anymore
    Angelmama74 - #6 DE (SA) EDD 19/11/14 , not on BH since 5/14
    Dextersmum # 4 ? eggs, BT 29/8, not on BH since 8/14
    StillHope - #12 researching DE Thailand, not on BH since 6/14
    MrsMac123 - #2 ? , not on BH since 7/14
    ThreeGoes - baby girl born ? 8/13 not on BH since 3/14
    Fortitude - #11 ? not on BH since 10/13
    TinyBaby4Me #2 ? not on BH since 9/13
    Jojozeck - not on BH since 9/13
    Cuddleready - #3 ? not on BH since 8/13
    Mrs Pontipine - baby boy born7/11, no more IVF
    Des1102 - #1 EDD 10/3/14
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 30-12-2014 at 13:12.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

emski72  (16-12-2014),faithandhopellove  (16-12-2014),JulieMalooley  (17-12-2014),Kelly70  (16-12-2014),MrsErinR  (16-12-2014),Nereid  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leyshoja.... I'm so sorry to hear that. It would be so much better to know one way or another, not having to just wait around.

MyHeart... did I read on another thread that you've transferred 2 embies? That's so exciting, that you're a step closer. When is your BT?

AFM.... no signs or symptoms that this IUI has worked. I always knew that the odds weren't high, but as usual I hoped :-)) Anyhow, just a few days to go, then I plan on eating some yummy soft cheeses and a big pig out on Christmas ham!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread and wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.

I had everything crossed that I could do this naturally, but it wasn't meant to be... After a couple of months of grieving our last loss, I am finally coming to terms with the fact that to have any chance at all of having a baby, it is going to have to be IVF & possibly DE.

I seem to conceive naturally without too much trouble, but have had recurrent miscarriages. I am finally seeing a good FS and as I'm on CD7 we're just starting a few easy things now - DHEA, Melatonin, aspirin - and if I get a natural BFP this month (two follicles are developing and they looked about 4-5 days away from ovulating) - then we ramp it up with Clexane, Prednisone and Progesterone. I don't have any tests that show anything wrong with me at all, but seeing as natural hasn't worked, I'm open to having a go at this protocol.

Next month we'll do a cycle with Femara, FSH etc and IUI if we choose to - then go straight to IVF if that doesn't work.

My FS (Wazza) basically just says I've got old, faulty eggs and that the chances of having my own biological child are almost zero. That has got to be the hardest thing in the world to bear. I too, wish I had met my DH younger, it is so cruel to have met the man of my dreams at the age of 40 and not be able to have our own family together.

Like many here, I may have to consider donor eggs and that is a hard one - to give up hope of having a little piece of my husband and I bought together to create a life is a very difficult dream to let go of. I would love to talk to others about how they coped with that decision if that's the path I have to take.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi, and I hope to get to know everyone better over the coming months. I am very new to even the thought of IVF, so I really don't know a lot about it, so I'm sorry if I ask stupid questions. I am completely, utterly needle phobic as well, so I don't even know how I'm going to get through any of it at all at the moment. It seems so overwhelming I am on the verge of giving up. And then the pain of giving up is so overwhelming I know I have to keep going.

Such a hard road we travel. I am very grateful that I am not alone on this journey and that there are other women over 40 who are in the same position I'm in, with the same, hopes, dreams, fears and heartache. Hopefully there is a little bit of babydust left for us all
    Last edited by Summer; 16-12-2014 at 20:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Leisylou. IVF has been made easier for me by sharing the experience with other people who are going through the same thing. The over 40's is especially great for our unique challenges. (Plus it can be disheartening to see the younger groups get bfp's on first attempts when IVF for over 40's is usually more of a marathon than a sprint). I am nearing the end of my own egg IVF attempts (my FS wants us to do 2 more because he thinks our numbers are too good to give up yet) and am already mentally preparing for donor eggs. There are actually quite a few of us at this point so you are definitely not alone if you need DE. Having said that if you read the roll call Bertie just posted you can see that over 40's do get pregnant with their own eggs too. There is hope as well as understanding here. Good luck with your journey.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

JoJoD  (17-12-2014),Kelly70  (16-12-2014),Summer  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Welcome Leisylou. IVF has been made easier for me by sharing the experience with other people who are going through the same thing. The over 40's is especially great for our unique challenges. (Plus it can be disheartening to see the younger groups get bfp's on first attempts when IVF for over 40's is usually more of a marathon than a sprint). I am nearing the end of my own egg IVF attempts (my FS wants us to do 2 more because he thinks our numbers are too good to give up yet) and am already mentally preparing for donor eggs. There are actually quite a few of us at this point so you are definitely not alone if you need DE. Having said that if you read the roll call Bertie just posted you can see that over 40's do get pregnant with their own eggs too. There is hope as well as understanding here. Good luck with your journey.

Thank you so much for your warm welcome, so appreciated. Yes, that roll-call was pretty awesome, so that is a big positive, and sharing with people who can understand our unique situation is so needed, I find that there are very few who truly can empathise with being in this situation and people's comments can be very hurtful.

Look forward to being a part of this thread.

xxxx