Closed Thread
Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Saw my FS today. He is keen for us to keep going given my egg numbers are good and we got a blastie last cycle. So we are going for an even lower dose of stims, adding the LH again and doing a short cycle. Also thinking of screening for chromosome issues. The FS says that his biggest issue with over 40's is miscarriage. Having already had a fair amount of stress recently I don't think I could take the heartbreak. DH (a born optimist) was also looking worried when the FS talked about the risk. DH survived cancer with optimism intact but a second major life stress in as many years might be too much to take.
    So we start again in January. I'm gritting my teeth.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @faithandhopellove yes, a loss would be horrendous. Somehow I've managed to avoid that. Good luck for Jan, glad your FS has faith you can do it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (01-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @faithandhopellove good news the fs thinks you should continue, not so keen on the chat about miscarriage, I've escaped that trauma and doubt I would handle it well if it happened.

Thanks for the well wishes ladies.

Had my egg pick up this morning and got 5 eggs, I am happy with that as there were only 3 over 17mm on Friday but disappointed given there were 23 follicles but quality is better than quantity so fingers crossed they are good ones.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Killarneygirl For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Killarneygirl View Post
    @faithandhopellove good news the fs thinks you should continue, not so keen on the chat about miscarriage, I've escaped that trauma and doubt I would handle it well if it happened.

Thanks for the well wishes ladies.

Had my egg pick up this morning and got 5 eggs, I am happy with that as there were only 3 over 17mm on Friday but disappointed given there were 23 follicles but quality is better than quantity so fingers crossed they are good ones.
    5 is a great number. My FS was aiming for 6 eggs or less last time as the quality is better with lower numbers. Are you having a 3 or 5 day transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    5 is a great number. My FS was aiming for 6 eggs or less last time as the quality is better with lower numbers. Are you having a 3 or 5 day transfer?

Got the call this morning that 3 out of 5 have fertilised and the fs has changed her mind and wants to go with 5dt and not a 2dt. I'm pleased about that as I have only ever done a 5dt and she is now 18 months old.

Saturday seems like an eternity away, hoping the keep growing, I hate all this waiting and the fear of the unknown

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Killarneygirl For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (02-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bongley so sorry abt ur bfn..big hugs..xx

Faithandhopelove I hope ur fs gets u the positive results very soon

good luck for ur transfer Killarneygirl

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (03-12-2014),faithandhopellove  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bongley - so sorry your last cycle didn't work.....I am in the same situation tyring to decided when enough is enough. I am in the middle of a cycle and already thinking about cycles next year, its crazy. Best of luck and enjoy what you have in life. Fudge - what sad news, it really is not fair, I know how empty you must feel, as I have had miscarriages also, not quiet as far along but still know what the empty feeling is like, take the time you need to grieve, and don't let anyone tell you how you should or shouldn't feel. A positive from looking at your history is the donor egg worked first time, so maybe that is a plus that you know you need DE.....and when you are ready there is an option. There hasn't been a lot of good new in here and we need some, so good luck ladies who have just had EPU. As for me another disaster start to a cycle, I have switched to Lucrin and Menopur and after 7 days of Menopur injections my bloods was 88.....I am so distraught....88......last cycle in Sept I was 152 at first blood test which was BAD and now its 88, its getting worse. So now as they didn't give me enough drugs to begin with I have to go all the way to Sydney (1.5 hour drive) to get more drugs, I am going from dose 412 to 450, I can't see that doing much, so I am panicking that it is going to be cancelled. What a great Christmas present. I was all set that this would be a better cycle all positive, I have lost 3.5kg (which isn't much but as I am only a bit over my preferred weight I was pleased with myself) and now this crushing news, I just want to get to EPU with 1 or 2 eggs at this stage. I am seriously thinking how much more can I take, but then the alternative of not getting pregnant is worse, but at this age it is against the odds. Sending hugs and good vibes to everyone....please some good news girls x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GnH For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (03-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GnH View Post
    Bongley - so sorry your last cycle didn't work.....I am in the same situation tyring to decided when enough is enough. I am in the middle of a cycle and already thinking about cycles next year, its crazy. Best of luck and enjoy what you have in life. Fudge - what sad news, it really is not fair, I know how empty you must feel, as I have had miscarriages also, not quiet as far along but still know what the empty feeling is like, take the time you need to grieve, and don't let anyone tell you how you should or shouldn't feel. A positive from looking at your history is the donor egg worked first time, so maybe that is a plus that you know you need DE.....and when you are ready there is an option. There hasn't been a lot of good new in here and we need some, so good luck ladies who have just had EPU. As for me another disaster start to a cycle, I have switched to Lucrin and Menopur and after 7 days of Menopur injections my bloods was 88.....I am so distraught....88......last cycle in Sept I was 152 at first blood test which was BAD and now its 88, its getting worse. So now as they didn't give me enough drugs to begin with I have to go all the way to Sydney (1.5 hour drive) to get more drugs, I am going from dose 412 to 450, I can't see that doing much, so I am panicking that it is going to be cancelled. What a great Christmas present. I was all set that this would be a better cycle all positive, I have lost 3.5kg (which isn't much but as I am only a bit over my preferred weight I was pleased with myself) and now this crushing news, I just want to get to EPU with 1 or 2 eggs at this stage. I am seriously thinking how much more can I take, but then the alternative of not getting pregnant is worse, but at this age it is against the odds. Sending hugs and good vibes to everyone....please some good news girls x
    Sorry to hear you've had a cr@ppy start @GnH I hope the increased dose does the trick for you. When is your next bloods? 3.5 kilos is a massive amount, it would take me months to lose that! Urgh, in fact I need to pull my socks up and get back to looking after myself, let slip the past few months.

AFM I told the nurse today that I got my period (on sun) and we had a bit of a chat and I think I'll book in to see the counselor when she is back in late jan. Time for everything to sink in I hope. I keep swinging between feeling bleak and relief. There is a niggle that we could keep trying or even donor eggs. I don't think I have it in me for that though.....
    @Killarneygirl that's great that you get to go to day 5! Go you little embies.......

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-12-2014),faithandhopellove  (03-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seems like this thread could do with a small uplift ... Got my heartbeat today after my o/b couldn't find it yesterday. It was very stressful and even tho I'm happy now, I still feel anxious. Need to relaaaaxxxx

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-12-2014),faithandhopellove  (04-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovelies, I haven't really been part of this thread but still reading along from the sidelines and just felt the need to dip in today.
    @Bongley I'm so sorry about your transfer. Sending you hugs and courage x
    @leyshoja congratulations! That's lovely news though I can imagine how stressful not hearing that heartbeat at first must have been. When I was in labor with my dd there was a time when the midwives couldn't find her heartbeat - I think I stopped breathing completely - but just as they were calling the doctor we heard her hiccuping, precious bubba :-)

AFM I am halfway through the 2ww after my first double with embies #4 and 5. I've been having cramps since yesterday though, and really feel like AF is on its way again. Trying not to give up hope entirely but I think you just know, don't you....

Anyway, wishing all of you the best of luck and strength to get through the seemingly endless hurdles... x

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (04-12-2014),faithandhopellove  (04-12-2014),JulieMalooley  (04-12-2014)