Closed Thread
Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 1020
  1. #231
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Avalon, NSW
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    8,828
    Thanked
    3,770
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Saw my FS today. He is keen for us to keep going given my egg numbers are good and we got a blastie last cycle. So we are going for an even lower dose of stims, adding the LH again and doing a short cycle. Also thinking of screening for chromosome issues. The FS says that his biggest issue with over 40's is miscarriage. Having already had a fair amount of stress recently I don't think I could take the heartbreak. DH (a born optimist) was also looking worried when the FS talked about the risk. DH survived cancer with optimism intact but a second major life stress in as many years might be too much to take.
    So we start again in January. I'm gritting my teeth.

    Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  2. #232
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @faithandhopellove yes, a loss would be horrendous. Somehow I've managed to avoid that. Good luck for Jan, glad your FS has faith you can do it.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

    faithandhopellove  (01-12-2014)

  4. #233
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked
    116
    Reviews
    0
    @faithandhopellove good news the fs thinks you should continue, not so keen on the chat about miscarriage, I've escaped that trauma and doubt I would handle it well if it happened.

    Thanks for the well wishes ladies.

    Had my egg pick up this morning and got 5 eggs, I am happy with that as there were only 3 over 17mm on Friday but disappointed given there were 23 follicles but quality is better than quantity so fingers crossed they are good ones.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Killarneygirl For This Useful Post:

    faithandhopellove  (04-12-2014)

  6. #234
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Avalon, NSW
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    8,828
    Thanked
    3,770
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Killarneygirl View Post
    @faithandhopellove good news the fs thinks you should continue, not so keen on the chat about miscarriage, I've escaped that trauma and doubt I would handle it well if it happened.

    Thanks for the well wishes ladies.

    Had my egg pick up this morning and got 5 eggs, I am happy with that as there were only 3 over 17mm on Friday but disappointed given there were 23 follicles but quality is better than quantity so fingers crossed they are good ones.
    5 is a great number. My FS was aiming for 6 eggs or less last time as the quality is better with lower numbers. Are you having a 3 or 5 day transfer?

    Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  7. #235
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked
    116
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    5 is a great number. My FS was aiming for 6 eggs or less last time as the quality is better with lower numbers. Are you having a 3 or 5 day transfer?

    Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

    Got the call this morning that 3 out of 5 have fertilised and the fs has changed her mind and wants to go with 5dt and not a 2dt. I'm pleased about that as I have only ever done a 5dt and she is now 18 months old.

    Saturday seems like an eternity away, hoping the keep growing, I hate all this waiting and the fear of the unknown

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Killarneygirl For This Useful Post:

    faithandhopellove  (02-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (02-12-2014)

  9. #236
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked
    779
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bongley so sorry abt ur bfn..big hugs..xx

    Faithandhopelove I hope ur fs gets u the positive results very soon

    good luck for ur transfer Killarneygirl

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

    Bongley  (03-12-2014),faithandhopellove  (02-12-2014)

  11. #237
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    27
    Reviews
    0
    Bongley - so sorry your last cycle didn't work.....I am in the same situation tyring to decided when enough is enough. I am in the middle of a cycle and already thinking about cycles next year, its crazy. Best of luck and enjoy what you have in life. Fudge - what sad news, it really is not fair, I know how empty you must feel, as I have had miscarriages also, not quiet as far along but still know what the empty feeling is like, take the time you need to grieve, and don't let anyone tell you how you should or shouldn't feel. A positive from looking at your history is the donor egg worked first time, so maybe that is a plus that you know you need DE.....and when you are ready there is an option. There hasn't been a lot of good new in here and we need some, so good luck ladies who have just had EPU. As for me another disaster start to a cycle, I have switched to Lucrin and Menopur and after 7 days of Menopur injections my bloods was 88.....I am so distraught....88......last cycle in Sept I was 152 at first blood test which was BAD and now its 88, its getting worse. So now as they didn't give me enough drugs to begin with I have to go all the way to Sydney (1.5 hour drive) to get more drugs, I am going from dose 412 to 450, I can't see that doing much, so I am panicking that it is going to be cancelled. What a great Christmas present. I was all set that this would be a better cycle all positive, I have lost 3.5kg (which isn't much but as I am only a bit over my preferred weight I was pleased with myself) and now this crushing news, I just want to get to EPU with 1 or 2 eggs at this stage. I am seriously thinking how much more can I take, but then the alternative of not getting pregnant is worse, but at this age it is against the odds. Sending hugs and good vibes to everyone....please some good news girls x

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to GnH For This Useful Post:

    Bongley  (03-12-2014)

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GnH View Post
    Bongley - so sorry your last cycle didn't work.....I am in the same situation tyring to decided when enough is enough. I am in the middle of a cycle and already thinking about cycles next year, its crazy. Best of luck and enjoy what you have in life. Fudge - what sad news, it really is not fair, I know how empty you must feel, as I have had miscarriages also, not quiet as far along but still know what the empty feeling is like, take the time you need to grieve, and don't let anyone tell you how you should or shouldn't feel. A positive from looking at your history is the donor egg worked first time, so maybe that is a plus that you know you need DE.....and when you are ready there is an option. There hasn't been a lot of good new in here and we need some, so good luck ladies who have just had EPU. As for me another disaster start to a cycle, I have switched to Lucrin and Menopur and after 7 days of Menopur injections my bloods was 88.....I am so distraught....88......last cycle in Sept I was 152 at first blood test which was BAD and now its 88, its getting worse. So now as they didn't give me enough drugs to begin with I have to go all the way to Sydney (1.5 hour drive) to get more drugs, I am going from dose 412 to 450, I can't see that doing much, so I am panicking that it is going to be cancelled. What a great Christmas present. I was all set that this would be a better cycle all positive, I have lost 3.5kg (which isn't much but as I am only a bit over my preferred weight I was pleased with myself) and now this crushing news, I just want to get to EPU with 1 or 2 eggs at this stage. I am seriously thinking how much more can I take, but then the alternative of not getting pregnant is worse, but at this age it is against the odds. Sending hugs and good vibes to everyone....please some good news girls x
    Sorry to hear you've had a cr@ppy start @GnH I hope the increased dose does the trick for you. When is your next bloods? 3.5 kilos is a massive amount, it would take me months to lose that! Urgh, in fact I need to pull my socks up and get back to looking after myself, let slip the past few months.

    AFM I told the nurse today that I got my period (on sun) and we had a bit of a chat and I think I'll book in to see the counselor when she is back in late jan. Time for everything to sink in I hope. I keep swinging between feeling bleak and relief. There is a niggle that we could keep trying or even donor eggs. I don't think I have it in me for that though.....
    @Killarneygirl that's great that you get to go to day 5! Go you little embies.......

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-12-2014),faithandhopellove  (03-12-2014)

  15. #239
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Seems like this thread could do with a small uplift ... Got my heartbeat today after my o/b couldn't find it yesterday. It was very stressful and even tho I'm happy now, I still feel anxious. Need to relaaaaxxxx

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-12-2014),faithandhopellove  (04-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (04-12-2014)

  17. #240
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    160
    Reviews
    0
    Hi lovelies, I haven't really been part of this thread but still reading along from the sidelines and just felt the need to dip in today.
    @Bongley I'm so sorry about your transfer. Sending you hugs and courage x
    @leyshoja congratulations! That's lovely news though I can imagine how stressful not hearing that heartbeat at first must have been. When I was in labor with my dd there was a time when the midwives couldn't find her heartbeat - I think I stopped breathing completely - but just as they were calling the doctor we heard her hiccuping, precious bubba :-)

    AFM I am halfway through the 2ww after my first double with embies #4 and 5. I've been having cramps since yesterday though, and really feel like AF is on its way again. Trying not to give up hope entirely but I think you just know, don't you....

    Anyway, wishing all of you the best of luck and strength to get through the seemingly endless hurdles... x

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

    Bongley  (04-12-2014),faithandhopellove  (04-12-2014),JulieMalooley  (04-12-2014)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Mother and Baby Shop
Save $$$ during our Christmas Sale Mother and Baby Shop
Great prices on Schoenhut kids pianos, toys, baby clothing as well as big brands like Pigeon, NUK, Cherub Baby and many more. Sale starts on 1 November 2016 and ends on the 27 December 2016. Hurry! Place your order today!
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Baby U & The Wiggles - Toilet Training Products
Toilet training can be a testing time but Baby U is there to assist you and your toddler with the daunting task of toilet training. With a range of products that can be used at home, on holidays or out & about.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!