Closed Thread
Page 16 of 102 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MustRemainPositive View Post
    Hello Ladies,
    New to this thread. Great to see that some of us are getting some great numbers! Very encouraging and hoping too see some BFP soon!

I am seeking some advice/thoughts...DH & I are trying for #2 and we've had 3 ICSIs so far with the last one just this month...which ended up a BFN. This last cycle (450 FSH + lucrin; long cycle) looked so positive as only 2 eggs were retrieved and both made it to D5 (early blast) and both were implanted. So, needless to say, I was completely gutted when the BT came back neg.

So now we're trying to figure out the next step. Try another cycle? But not a spring chicken and never been a great responder. I've been extremely lucky in that I've never had any issues with the meds so if I knew we'd get some decent eggs again, I might go for it. But then I think I'm being silly and should just go via egg donor route. So confused....but don't have much time to sit and think on it.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Welcome @MustRemainPositive and sorry for your bfn . My answer depends... How old are you, do you have someone who can donate, and if so how old are they?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    One "very" early blastocyst on board. I know this sounds petty but I really wish she hadn't said "very" and then, 'We DO see pregnancies from embryos like this.' they always say that when they are lagging. They wouldn't say that with a hatching blasty I'm sure! Ugh. I just got a bad feeling from the way they were talking, hoping it would 'catch up' etc.

Anyway, I'll start testing at the end of this week. Period always arrives seven days after transfer, so not a long wait.

Thanks for listening!
    Sounds like you are in the same category as me @Bongley. Ours was an early as well. I don't have a good feeling about mine either. My AF usually arrives the Tuesday after transfer (6 days post transfer). I have definite signs it's on the way. (Sigh).

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Sounds like you are in the same category as me @Bongley. Ours was an early as well. I don't have a good feeling about mine either. My AF usually arrives the Tuesday after transfer (6 days post transfer). I have definite signs it's on the way. (Sigh).

@faithandhopellove so you are 11DPO today? I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets an early period. I hope its not AF, are you going to POAS? Do you have to do a BT even if your period arrives?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Welcome @MustRemainPositive and sorry for your bfn . My answer depends... How old are you, do you have someone who can donate, and if so how old are they?
    Just saw your signature (now I'm using my laptop) @MustRemainPositive so now I know you are 44 I would say it depends on how much money you are prepared to spend. As you will know the odds are not great at your age, however you are still getting eggs and they sound like they are ok quality, so if I were you I would do as many cycles back to back as I could afford until I was only getting very poor quality or no eggs. That was my plan, anyway. Last cycle (June) I only got 1 and it was average so I decided to go on the donor wait list because I figured it would be a long wait, but got my BFP last week with a donor egg. I'm just as excited as if it were my own, probably more so because I know there is a higher chance of this one sticking than if it were my own. Good luck and keep us posted

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh I hope you are wrong @Faithandhopelove !!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,
    New to this thread. Great to see that some of us are getting some great numbers! Very encouraging and hoping too see some BFP soon!

I am seeking some advice/thoughts...DH & I are trying for #2 and we've had 3 ICSIs so far with the last one just this month...which ended up a BFN. This last cycle (450 FSH + lucrin; long cycle) looked so positive as only 2 eggs were retrieved and both made it to D5 (early blast) and both were implanted. So, needless to say, I was completely gutted when the BT came back neg.

So now we're trying to figure out the next step. Try another cycle? But not a spring chicken and never been a great responder. I've been extremely lucky in that I've never had any issues with the meds so if I knew we'd get some decent eggs again, I might go for it. But then I think I'm being silly and should just go via egg donor route. So confused....but don't have much time to sit and think on it.

@MustRemainPositive I was going to say if you are getting blasts on day 5 keep trying but I see it took you 7 goes the first time. Maybe set a number, like another 1 or 2 or a time limit and then do the donor route after that. I guess the donor route is always going to be there. Depends on your finances and how much in a hurry you are.........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @faithandhopellove so you are 11DPO today? I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets an early period. I hope its not AF, are you going to POAS? Do you have to do a BT even if your period arrives?
    @Bongley I did POAS on day 4 as I was feeling optomistic then. My pre AF pimples dissapeared and I had cramping on day 1 to 3. I was so hoping it was implantation pain. Of course it was negative (too early) but since then signs of AF arrival have come back. Yes, I have to do a blood test even if AF arrives. I am thinking of refusing. -

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

At the start of my IVF journey I would have said keep going until you can do no more (either broke or out of eggs) but now I know the emotional toll I would have to say do as many as your sanity can take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    I'm just as excited as if it were my own, probably more so because I know there is a higher chance of this one sticking than if it were my own. Good luck and keep us posted
    Thats great @leyshoja I was going to ask how you were feeling about it all after you had your doubts pre-ET but I didn't want to pry

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the start of my IVF journey I would have said keep going until you can do no more (either broke or out of eggs) but now I know the emotional toll I would have to say do as many as your sanity can take.

Yes, good point.