Closed Thread
Page 15 of 102 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Yes, I agree. I've had 8 transfers and at least another 7 blastocysts that didn't make the grade to be frozen so were chucked away and yet I had one BFP that made it all the way. If my blasties had been tested and shown to be bad, as they were, I think I would have given up. But there was a good one eventually (a measly grade 2 fragmented blast at that)
    1 BFP in only 8 transfers is pretty good going at our age if you're talking 8 embryos. Women with PCOS tend to have higher than average ovarian reserve, though.

i really wish we were tossing coins - the odds would be so much better!

For the less fatalistic among us there is science.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    One "very" early blastocyst on board. I know this sounds petty but I really wish she hadn't said "very" and then, 'We DO see pregnancies from embryos like this.' they always say that when they are lagging. They wouldn't say that with a hatching blasty I'm sure! Ugh. I just got a bad feeling from the way they were talking, hoping it would 'catch up' etc.

Anyway, I'll start testing at the end of this week. Period always arrives seven days after transfer, so not a long wait.

Thanks for listening!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    One "very" early blastocyst on board. I know this sounds petty but I really wish she hadn't said "very" and then, 'We DO see pregnancies from embryos like this.' they always say that when they are lagging. They wouldn't say that with a hatching blasty I'm sure! Ugh. I just got a bad feeling from the way they were talking, hoping it would 'catch up' etc.

Anyway, I'll start testing at the end of this week. Period always arrives seven days after transfer, so not a long wait.

Thanks for listening!
    Way to rain on your parade |:-( !! The fact that you got a blastie is great news though, congratulations !!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja how are you feeling??

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja how are you feeling??
    Completely symptomless really - it's like nothing has changed and really makes it hard to believe although today I noticed verrry slight discomfort in my ( . )( . ) 's... Maybe wishful thinking lol. I have my ultrasound not this Thursday but next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Completely symptomless really - it's like nothing has changed and really makes it hard to believe although today I noticed verrry slight discomfort in my ( . )( . ) 's... Maybe wishful thinking lol. I have my ultrasound not this Thursday but next.
    @leyshoja Good luck for that and keep us posted
    Can't remember if I've said this before but whatever you do, don't POAS before the ultrasound. I lost my symptoms around that time so I did a test and the line came up light. Turns out that can happen if you have a lot of HCG in your wee.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #11

@leyshoja Good luck for that and keep us posted
    Can't remember if I've said this before but whatever you do, don't POAS before the ultrasound. I lost my symptoms around that time so I did a test and the line came up light. Turns out that can happen if you have a lot of HCG in your wee.
    Nah I'm done with the sticks. My symptoms disappeared almost exactly the day I miscarried last time so I'll know if it goes bad. I had sore breasts and a really uncomfortable col on last time so I'll be praying for those symptoms to hang around lol

What the? BH kept asterisking the col-on when I tried to post it !! Didn't realise that was a rude word haha !!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bongley.. congrats on being PUPO. I really think none of them really know what is going to work and what isn't!! I've had perfect expanded blasts, that they've seem very excited about, and they went no-where. Other ladies have 2dt or 3dt transfers and they result in BFPs, so who knows. When will your official BT be? Good luck and keep busy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Bongley.. congrats on being PUPO. I really think none of them really know what is going to work and what isn't!! I've had perfect expanded blasts, that they've seem very excited about, and they went no-where. Other ladies have 2dt or 3dt transfers and they result in BFPs, so who knows. When will your official BT be? Good luck and keep busy!!
    thanks @MGC Bertie I think you're right but any sign of lag or slowing just fills me with fear! Ugh. Can't wait to start p!ssing on sticks to distract me. BT is the 8th (they make me wait a ridiculous amount of time) but I should get my period by next monday or hopefully a BFP on a POAS by next week. Off to Tassie on friday so I'll certainly be busy through the worst of it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,
    New to this thread. Great to see that some of us are getting some great numbers! Very encouraging and hoping too see some BFP soon!

I am seeking some advice/thoughts...DH & I are trying for #2 and we've had 3 ICSIs so far with the last one just this month...which ended up a BFN. This last cycle (450 FSH + lucrin; long cycle) looked so positive as only 2 eggs were retrieved and both made it to D5 (early blast) and both were implanted. So, needless to say, I was completely gutted when the BT came back neg.

So now we're trying to figure out the next step. Try another cycle? But not a spring chicken and never been a great responder. I've been extremely lucky in that I've never had any issues with the meds so if I knew we'd get some decent eggs again, I might go for it. But then I think I'm being silly and should just go via egg donor route. So confused....but don't have much time to sit and think on it.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.