Closed Thread
Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1020
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    Well, it's been a long while since I've been really active in this thread. Maybe some of you still remember me.

My DH and I decided to make the move to DE and on Saturday we welcomed the beautiful Leah into our lives. Born at 10.39 on 14th Feb, 3.355kg.

I can't believe that at age 42 I suddenly have everything I've wanted. I realise moving to DE is not for everyone. It's a very personal decision and we had to work through the pros and cons like everyone else. For us, it was the right decision and we have no regrets. If anyone has any questions about my experience then I'm happy to answer them.

I hope our story helps some of you who are looking down this path to have the courage to go ahead.

Best wishes to you all.

Attachment 67312
    Congratulations @MrsErinR of course I remember you. What a cutie. Hopefully my DE FET next week will have me following in your footsteps soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    How does that work? Do they let you ovulate, tell you not to bd, then transfer ? Good luck with o day !!
    It's just a natural cycle FET, they monitor all my hormones every second day at first then every day as E2 starts to rise. They detect the LH surge, then transfer the embie 5 days post my natural ovulation. No drugs whatsoever. And they don't advise against bd. I only have one tube open so a natural conception at the same time would be highly unlikely.
    How do they manage your FET? Is it medicated?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Erin.... she's absolutely gorgeous xx Big congratulations - we all can't wait to get to that point, so enjoy every moment xx Did I mention she's gorgeous???

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    AFM.... I went for the 12 week scan this morning (at 12w5d) and such a relief, everything seems to look fine.
    Bertie yay How are you and DH feeling? Are you telling everyone now?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TwoCam..... funnily even though it does seem more real now, I still feel very guarded and was expecting to be happier than I am. But I OK with just staying sane, and not feeling the need to google items to buy etc.

No we've decided we're going to hold out a bit longer from telling people, especially since we haven't got the results of the U/S or Harmony test back yet. But we kind of wanted to hold out as long as possible, perhaps to 18 or 20 weeks, but DH did forget we'd talked about this, and phoned his best friend last night and told him. I said to DH that we need to sit down and get our story straight, as he's got some strong views of what to say.

- Dh wants to tell close family that it's donor sperm, but not tell anyone else - I'm happy with that
    - the baby has to know that it's from donor sperm, so I do have doubts that a toddler / child / teenager is going to keep that secret from all the people that DH wants to kept it secret from, but we agreed just to deal with that scenario when it rises a few years down the track
    - DH wants to keep that it took 13 x IVF a secret from most people and just say "it's finally happened" - I really think it's going to be hard to explain that, and I had kind of wanted to educate people about IVF afterwards, so we're going to have to discuss that more.
    - I'm going on three weeks long service leave in three weeks time (from 16weeks) so I'm hoping to hold til then, and then I will stay scarce until the 18-20 week mark and tell people around Easter time. By the time I go back to work I'll be 21 weeks, so want everyone to know by then (as I'm expecting I'll be showing by then).

AFM.... So after not having a cold or being sick for a record 7 months (that I put down to all those immune drugs I've been taking), this afternoon I've come home with a sore throat, feverish all over and a thumping headache. No doubt still to get worse, before getting better, but really could have done without a cold at the moment. I've done a bit of googling and it says panadol is fine, so will just try a few of those, unless you have any recommendations?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    Well, it's been a long while since I've been really active in this thread. Maybe some of you still remember me.

My DH and I decided to make the move to DE and on Saturday we welcomed the beautiful Leah into our lives. Born at 10.39 on 14th Feb, 3.355kg.

I can't believe that at age 42 I suddenly have everything I've wanted. I realise moving to DE is not for everyone. It's a very personal decision and we had to work through the pros and cons like everyone else. For us, it was the right decision and we have no regrets. If anyone has any questions about my experience then I'm happy to answer them.

I hope our story helps some of you who are looking down this path to have the courage to go ahead.

Best wishes to you all.

Attachment 67312
    Ofcourse we remember you!!

Omg what a beautiful delicate little fairy baby! She looks just like she should have a bluebell on her head and wings! You must be absolutely in love! Wow. She's amazing. Such pretty eyes...

Congratulations. Warmest wishes to you and DH. You got just what you deserved well done xxox. Going back again for #2 anytime soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bertie, there's been a lot of discussion on here lately re drugs. A recent study has shown that Panadol in fact does pose 'some' risk to the foetus. However a high fever in the mother can also be damaging. So doctors are recommending pandadol in cases of high fever. Even though it's not a prescription medication, discuss with Obgyn before taking it. He will decide the risk/benefit scenario in your case.

You guys have obviously put a lot of thought into what you're telling whom. I agree with you it's important to educate people about ivf. There are too many celebrities out there who get pregnant at 46 (did someone mention Halle Berry?) who pretend it's their own egg or whatever and give the wrong idea to ladies in their forties or make them feel inadequate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie

so sorry to hear you're feeling unwell. Id definitely see your gp for a few reasons

1. Immunosuppression - are you still on pred? This inhibits your body's ability to fight infection

2. Severe headache in the setting of immunosuppression could indicate a few things that need checking out - if the headache is getting worse get seen pronto

3. Do you need serology (bt) for flu - pregnant women are indicated for treatment with tamiflu in some instances due to them being at higher risk. Did you have a flu shot this year etc.

youre someone I think should be seen/reviewed by someone on the ball as your pregnancy is very precious.

Good luck mate and rest up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly.... I'll see how the oranges and lemon / honey drinks go tonight, and if unwell tomorrow will ring ob Dr M in first instance and see what he says. But yes, still on Pred. No to the flu shot, as a couple of years ago I had the flu shot for the first time and ended up 2 weeks in bed, the first 5 days where I didn't move at all, including didn't eat nor go to the toilet, and was barely conscious. The GP after that said it wouldn't be recommended for me to have the flu shot ever again.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2015),Butterfly39  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    New thread here ladies .