MrsErinR of course I remember you. What a cutie. Hopefully my DE FET next week will have me following in your footsteps soon
How do they manage your FET? Is it medicated?
Mrs Erin.... she's absolutely gorgeous xx Big congratulations - we all can't wait to get to that point, so enjoy every moment xx Did I mention she's gorgeous???
MGC Bertie (18-02-2015)
TwoCam..... funnily even though it does seem more real now, I still feel very guarded and was expecting to be happier than I am. But I OK with just staying sane, and not feeling the need to google items to buy etc.
No we've decided we're going to hold out a bit longer from telling people, especially since we haven't got the results of the U/S or Harmony test back yet. But we kind of wanted to hold out as long as possible, perhaps to 18 or 20 weeks, but DH did forget we'd talked about this, and phoned his best friend last night and told him. I said to DH that we need to sit down and get our story straight, as he's got some strong views of what to say.
- Dh wants to tell close family that it's donor sperm, but not tell anyone else - I'm happy with that
- the baby has to know that it's from donor sperm, so I do have doubts that a toddler / child / teenager is going to keep that secret from all the people that DH wants to kept it secret from, but we agreed just to deal with that scenario when it rises a few years down the track
- DH wants to keep that it took 13 x IVF a secret from most people and just say "it's finally happened" - I really think it's going to be hard to explain that, and I had kind of wanted to educate people about IVF afterwards, so we're going to have to discuss that more.
- I'm going on three weeks long service leave in three weeks time (from 16weeks) so I'm hoping to hold til then, and then I will stay scarce until the 18-20 week mark and tell people around Easter time. By the time I go back to work I'll be 21 weeks, so want everyone to know by then (as I'm expecting I'll be showing by then).
AFM.... So after not having a cold or being sick for a record 7 months (that I put down to all those immune drugs I've been taking), this afternoon I've come home with a sore throat, feverish all over and a thumping headache. No doubt still to get worse, before getting better, but really could have done without a cold at the moment. I've done a bit of googling and it says panadol is fine, so will just try a few of those, unless you have any recommendations?
Omg what a beautiful delicate little fairy baby! She looks just like she should have a bluebell on her head and wings! You must be absolutely in love! Wow. She's amazing. Such pretty eyes...
Congratulations. Warmest wishes to you and DH. You got just what you deserved well done xxox. Going back again for #2 anytime soon?
Hey Bertie, there's been a lot of discussion on here lately re drugs. A recent study has shown that Panadol in fact does pose 'some' risk to the foetus. However a high fever in the mother can also be damaging. So doctors are recommending pandadol in cases of high fever. Even though it's not a prescription medication, discuss with Obgyn before taking it. He will decide the risk/benefit scenario in your case.
You guys have obviously put a lot of thought into what you're telling whom. I agree with you it's important to educate people about ivf. There are too many celebrities out there who get pregnant at 46 (did someone mention Halle Berry?) who pretend it's their own egg or whatever and give the wrong idea to ladies in their forties or make them feel inadequate.
so sorry to hear you're feeling unwell. Id definitely see your gp for a few reasons
1. Immunosuppression - are you still on pred? This inhibits your body's ability to fight infection
2. Severe headache in the setting of immunosuppression could indicate a few things that need checking out - if the headache is getting worse get seen pronto
3. Do you need serology (bt) for flu - pregnant women are indicated for treatment with tamiflu in some instances due to them being at higher risk. Did you have a flu shot this year etc.
youre someone I think should be seen/reviewed by someone on the ball as your pregnancy is very precious.
Good luck mate and rest up.
Butterfly.... I'll see how the oranges and lemon / honey drinks go tonight, and if unwell tomorrow will ring ob Dr M in first instance and see what he says. But yes, still on Pred. No to the flu shot, as a couple of years ago I had the flu shot for the first time and ended up 2 weeks in bed, the first 5 days where I didn't move at all, including didn't eat nor go to the toilet, and was barely conscious. The GP after that said it wouldn't be recommended for me to have the flu shot ever again.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!