Closed Thread
Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1020
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    You're right Butterfly, they don't transfer dud blasties. If I'm doing this I've got to get my head right. Ivf just throws so many curve balls. Thanks for the pep talk.

Can understand the gloomy feeling with good news, I was the same, 'yay lots of eggs', then 'yay I got 3 to blast' then my underlying worry is they could all be bad. But my Embryologist told me directly, even at 42, if you can get them to blast, some will be normal. It's just a numbers game and a matter of how many cycles you can go through emotionally and financially. Same with you Butterfly, if you keep getting this many eggs, there has to be a good one amongst them at some stage. So do you have 16 frosties already?(as per the roll call).

Hi to everyone else!
    You're most welcome Skyler, just don't want you to miss the forest for the trees so to speak. Got to treat this one as if it's your baby. No, that's right, they don't like to transfer duds at all, especially not regarding pgd. Did u ask what it looks like in the lab? Statistically I really think that there's an excellent chance you're holding the normal one - dust yourself off and roll on.

I've actually got 15 frosties, which comprise x1 blast from my old FS rooms, status unknown, and x14 at the 2pn stage so note that these aren't blasts, they are quite early ones, she expects many will die off in the thaw due to quality, and beyond that they still have to undergo d3 biopsy and recover from that, and even maybe be frozen again and recover from that. So there will be a fair bit of attrition there.

The quality isn't very good though in the 14,, they look fragmented according to the embryologist and since that was the case, they advised me to embryo bank over 3 cycles. First cycle I got 19 eggs and froze around 9. Last cycle there was an issue with the synarel maybe running out without me noticing and I LH surged early on bloods and many of the follicles were empty -If I had've had this many on the 2nd cycle, I could have stopped at 2. I ended up with 5 very rough looking ones, and they wanted to turf 3 out but WDA said to freeze anyway.

Therefore embryologist said given the quality she wanted 20 as a target to biopsy, so at least we might be now on target if luck holds, as of yesterday I had 29 so we will see what happens now. So we added in the growth hormone this time to try and improve quality, went on chomping through supplements, increased fsh, had a break, and also tweaked a bit of my time frames and here we are. My FN pointed out some important stuff regarding what my body actually does as opposed to what I think it does, lol, and I think her being so insightful around that helped things, not to mention WDA charged up his magic wand obviously, ha. So I guess right now they have a few to sift through... I'll let you know what happened overnight, most likely a few kicked the bucket.

im feeling ok today, pretty sure the ohss is at bay for now. I was a bit out of breath running for my flight yesterday when I got the gates wrong but after getting home and watching a bit of walking dead with the fur babies and my little brother who is looking after me, (with Mac cheese he brought - DH is away) I was good as gold. . Poor guy is equally as desperate to be an uncle, lol.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (18-02-2015),Summer  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great news from @MGC Bertie and @Butterfly39 - nice work both of you and how exciting. I wish I had even half your luck
    AFM Had my CD11 scan today and lining is looking perfect apparently - 3 layers ?? What the ? Never heard that one before. The nurse tried to explain it on the grainy image but I just nodded and said great ! FET next thursday - wah that's ages away. Interesting after all the conversations I had with them about wanting 2 embies, the form had 1 written on it for me to sign and it wasn't even a question. Luckily I had changed my mind and only wanted 1. I asked again if this is a failure and I want 2 next time what will happen.... she says, we'll have to see. What makes them god ?? I wanna be my OWN god ! Ah well, onward and upward ...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-02-2015),Butterfly39  (18-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja thank you for the well wishes xox

Yes the 'triple stripe' is completely optimal for transfer, so maybe you ARE getting lucky ..: It kinda looks like a hamburger on ultrasound and means you're prime time for transfer. That's an ideal lining right there, well done.

I think you're wise to go with 1 after I heard what chiefsgirl said about some not taking when double due to immune stuff. Anyway you will probably be pg from this one and it won't matter I'm wondering if I should scale back and try 1 embie this time as well if it's pgd normal, plus they are icsi, which have a higher rate of splitting anyway. Will be guided by team I think.

Afm

Embryo report
    X1 perfect grade 5!!!
    X5 above average grade 4
    X2 average grade 3
    = 8 good

Plus x6 below average ones
    X1 that looks like it's stopped.
    =7 below average

I'm happy with this, I hope they find a normal one.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 18-02-2015 at 11:16.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    @leyshoja thank you for the well wishes xox

Yes the 'triple stripe' is completely optimal for transfer, so maybe you ARE getting lucky ..: It kinda looks like a hamburger on ultrasound and means you're prime time for transfer. That's an ideal lining right there, well done.

I think you're wise to go with 1 after I heard what chiefsgirl said about some not taking when double due to immune stuff. Anyway you will probably be pg from this one and it won't matter I'm wondering if I should scale back and try 1 embie this time as well if it's pgd normal, plus they are icsi, which have a higher rate of splitting anyway. Will be guided by team I think.

Afm

Embryo report
    X1 perfect grade 5!!!
    X5 above average grade 4
    X2 average grade 3
    = 8 good

Plus x6 below average ones
    X1 that looks like it's stopped.
    =7 below average

I'm happy with this, I hope they find a normal one.
    In all that lot I'd be shocked if they didn't !! Wow. So many..
    Yes it did look a little hamburgerish lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    In all that lot I'd be shocked if they didn't !! Wow. So many..
    Yes it did look a little hamburgerish lol
    Cheeseburger or whopper ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Cheeseburger or whopper ?
    More like a whopper junior. Actually every time I go to my clinic which is over an hour away, I drive home past maccas and usually can't resist lol. Today I did ! One burger today was plenty

Thanks
    Reviews
    My god woman you have willpower of steel. I find it hard to resist these tasty treats! Lol well hopefully you'll be holding your whopper junior soon - sponsored by maccas

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great results Butterfly. 8 really good ones!
    Yes I asked about the 'unknown' and how it looked and they said 'good' but the other two (trisomies) looked good too. My FS saw me in the waiting room today and grabbed me for a chat which is really good of her seeing as I did not have an appointment with her. I feel like I'm with the right Dr even if this never works.

Ooooh I fell into the maccas trap for the first time in about a year recently. Somehow just had the craving. But it was so unsatisfying, I never feel full after it. And it reminded me why I never go there. Their serving sizes are tiny, I can hold the burger in one hand! Felt so bad afterwards, the temptation was just not worth it. We've got an awesome healthy burger joint nearby so I always head there instead.

Leyshoja, I'm on cd11 today also! Looking at FET next week if I ovulate on time. We'll cancel if transfer is any later than next Saturday because we go to Byron Bay that day. Often things are a bit later after a stim so I'm not really expecting it to happen by then. Good luck with your FET. We may end up transferring at around the same time.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (18-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, it's been a long while since I've been really active in this thread. Maybe some of you still remember me.

My DH and I decided to make the move to DE and on Saturday we welcomed the beautiful Leah into our lives. Born at 10.39 on 14th Feb, 3.355kg.

I can't believe that at age 42 I suddenly have everything I've wanted. I realise moving to DE is not for everyone. It's a very personal decision and we had to work through the pros and cons like everyone else. For us, it was the right decision and we have no regrets. If anyone has any questions about my experience then I'm happy to answer them.

I hope our story helps some of you who are looking down this path to have the courage to go ahead.

Best wishes to you all.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1424239131.301442.jpg

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (19-02-2015),MaxKat  (21-02-2015),Skyler  (18-02-2015),Summer  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Great results Butterfly. 8 really good ones!
    Yes I asked about the 'unknown' and how it looked and they said 'good' but the other two (trisomies) looked good too. My FS saw me in the waiting room today and grabbed me for a chat which is really good of her seeing as I did not have an appointment with her. I feel like I'm with the right Dr even if this never works.

Ooooh I fell into the maccas trap for the first time in about a year recently. Somehow just had the craving. But it was so unsatisfying, I never feel full after it. And it reminded me why I never go there. Their serving sizes are tiny, I can hold the burger in one hand! Felt so bad afterwards, the temptation was just not worth it. We've got an awesome healthy burger joint nearby so I always head there instead.

Leyshoja, I'm on cd11 today also! Looking at FET next week if I ovulate on time. We'll cancel if transfer is any later than next Saturday because we go to Byron Bay that day. Often things are a bit later after a stim so I'm not really expecting it to happen by then. Good luck with your FET. We may end up transferring at around the same time.
    How does that work? Do they let you ovulate, tell you not to bd, then transfer ? Good luck with o day !!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (18-02-2015)