Closed Thread
Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1020
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    And prednisolone has also been shown in certain studies to increase the risk of a cleft palate too. Of course it's a risk versus benefit situation. It's not like you can buy the stuff over the counter is it?? My point is that it is overall "safe" to use in small doses for a short period of time when you consider the risk to benefit ratio as is the prednisolone. It's not like I'm advocating popping them like tic tac's for God's sakes!! And yes, I too wanted to "avoid at all costs" as well, but sometimes that's not possible. I just didn't want any of the Girls thinking when they get their BFP's if for any reason they are prescribed valium that they're going to have deformed babies because of it. Perhaps I should've been a bit more specific in my previous statement??

@MGC Bertie Yippee Luv!!! That must be another weight right off your shoulders Bodes well for your NIPT test I would imagine??
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 17-02-2015 at 13:22.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (17-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-02-2015),Summer  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah, I could not agree more I guess that's why I'm being so specific, I wouldn't want some girls reading this and deciding whatever supply they have at home is 100% safe. I know you're clearly not advocating popping them like tic tacs but unfortunately some people might actually do that. And I also agree Prednisone is a great example of a medicine where the risk is low but isn't zero, and the risk v benefit comes into play regarding the success of any potential pregnancy. Ofcourse the whole philosophy with respect to teratogens is to limit the number of exposures you have where possible. The higher the number of exposures to different potential teratogens, the higher the risk. I think in Ivf we get exposed to a few grey areas in this respect, and yes, it's not always possible, nor practical, to avoid these things. Good to be aware of though.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 17-02-2015 at 15:20.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Leisylou... lol, my DH would be way happy if he was getting all that BD!!! Good luck :-)

Skyler..... let's hope that's the one. There are plenty of cases of women with one that becomes the one, so it might just be you xx

AFM.... I went for the 12 week scan this morning (at 12w5d) and such a relief, everything seems to look fine. The technician said that the baby is very active, cheeky and was causing him grief as it was moving around so much!! Amazing to see little fingers and toes, and it even waved at us once (though DH missed that as he was looking elsewhere!!). Heartbeat 153 bpm, and measures 6.3cm. Hope you all get to that stage one day xx I know it sure took us forever!!
    That's fantastic news Bertie I bet you were tickled pink. congrats to you and DH. I'm pleased as punch to hear this wonderful news today. Well done girl. No more bushwalking for a while though, yeah ? X

AFM
    Fert results are in ..... Of 23 harvested 19 were mature for icsi and of those 15 fertilised so I guess we are off to an ok start.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-02-2015),Summer  (17-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Leisylou... lol, my DH would be way happy if he was getting all that BD!!! Good luck :-)

Skyler..... let's hope that's the one. There are plenty of cases of women with one that becomes the one, so it might just be you xx

AFM.... I went for the 12 week scan this morning (at 12w5d) and such a relief, everything seems to look fine. The technician said that the baby is very active, cheeky and was causing him grief as it was moving around so much!! Amazing to see little fingers and toes, and it even waved at us once (though DH missed that as he was looking elsewhere!!). Heartbeat 153 bpm, and measures 6.3cm. Hope you all get to that stage one day xx I know it sure took us forever!!
    Fantastic news @MGC Bertie! What a relief it must be to get past that milestone - well done! As for the daily love-making, DH and I are three years into our relationship and it's been the same since we got together - he is one spoilt man and he knows it :-) And appreciates it too!

@Butterfly39 they are some fantastic numbers, glad it's all looking good for you this round!

@BlondeinBrisvegas - I totally understand about the medication and it is something I am weighing up at the moment. I have general anxiety disorder anyway, without adding the stress of another pregnancy and the worry that I might miscarry. I take a very small dose of Xanax to sleep (and believe me, I have tried everything in the natural world and that is the only thing that works) and Wazza told me at the last appointment to keep taking it and even to increase it if my anxiety goes through the roof. It was a risk versus benefit situation, so I guess in his experience the risks are minimal, but I still have to consider it. Not sure what I'm going to do yet - each pregnancy I've stopped taking it completely, but the insomnia and anxiety were horrendous.

Maybe this time will be different. Knowing that I'm taking heaps of stuff to prevent a miscarriage might put my mind at ease a little more and I might be able to take the view of what will be, will be, knowing I've done my best.
    Last edited by Summer; 17-02-2015 at 16:53.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou I suffer from GAD and clinical depression myself, so totally get where you're coming from. I stopped all my meds for my depression a few months before we started IVF as the the jury was out on the safety for the baby when taking when Preggo and although I could've taken a different type that was shown to be safe as far as studies etc could tell, I decided not to and take the gamble I would be ok.

For my GAD I take valium on the very odd occasion but stopped that too and only used it for my round ligament pain, prior to my CVS and when my stress/anxiety were at concerning levels when my mum was dying from cancer/passed away while I was Preggo all at Wazza's recommendations which I did. He's an OBGYN as well and there's no way he's going to tell you to take any medication that he feels is going to be unsafe while you're TTC and Preggo but as you say, it's up to you Luv what you do Just wanted you to know you're not alone

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (17-02-2015),Summer  (17-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie, fantastic! That's so great to hear. Your success story is amazing and I'm so happy for you. Keep us updated. Look forward to hearing your harmony results.

Butterfly, that's more than an 'ok start'! It's brilliant. So do they give you a day 3 update next?

AFM, I'm in a bad place with this whole ivf 'journey'. Thanks for all the well wishes re this unknown embie maybe being the one. I'm trying to have some hope for it but finding it difficult. I'm going to book an appointment with the counsellor when I go in for bloods tomorrow. I just feel so beaten down.

Good luck Leisylou with getting sperm and egg to meet.

Hi Nereid, what are you doing next?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-02-2015),Butterfly39  (17-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-02-2015),Summer  (17-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterfly39 that's spectacular numbers!! You must be so happy!

Thanks for the updates @mgcbertie , all I can say is I hope to be making similar posts to you in 5 weeks. It's so lovely to read 😊

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Over 40s Roll Call

Waiting
    Fingerscrossd11 #8 DP mild NK cells
    Ertgirl #5
    Wanabemum #? FET Oct
    Cyd # 6? 14?
    Beckymae #2 Oct/Nov
    Malkitek #6
    Precious40 - #9
    Tuxcat - #8 - 1 frostie
    Twinkley #2 - 1 frostie
    KLM0511 - #7 FET DE (SA) 2015
    SpringRain - #11 - ? frosties
    Sophdask - #8 - FET Jan 2015
    Biscotti71 - #5
    Kelly70 - #5
    Bongley - #12
    Nereid - #5
    Angels4Me #11
    MaxKat #6
    Killarneygirl #4
    Luckyme1 #5
    Chillout71 #?
    Snickers74 #?
    Winsor #4
    Faithandhopelove - #6
    Fudge09 - #5 (1 angel 18wks)
    Miss Da - #3 last try using OE, then perhaps friend's DE

Chiefsgirl - #9 - 5 frosties for PGD

Cycle Underway
    Leisylou - #1 timed ovulation 17/2

Butterfly39 #3 - 15 frosties (awaiting PGD) EPU 16/2, 15 out of 19 mature eggs fertilised, 8 going strong
    Skyler #7 - EPU 26/1, 8 out of 14 eggs fertilised, 1 “unknown” embryo for FET next week
    Leyshoja #10 - DE (clinic) FET Thurs 26/2

TWW

UTD
    Petal40 - #5 - 3 frosties - FET 1x5dt

MyHeart #9 DE (World Egg Bank) 2x3d (2 frosties), EDD 9/15
    MGCBertie #13 - (IUI with donor sperm) 4/12, EDD 27/8/15
    Grace1 #1 - 6 eggs, 2x3dt, EDD 5/15
    Luca #9 (DE SA), 2x5dt, planned c-section 28/4/15

Proud Mummies
    MrsErinR #4 (DE) baby girl Leah born 14/2/15
    Kenta #12 baby girl born c-section 15/1/15
    Emski72 - #8 DE (SA) baby girl born 12/11/14
    Liveandlearn - #4 baby girl born 22/9/14
    BlondeinBrisVegas - #5 baby girl born 28/8/14
    Ann17 - #6 baby born 21/5/14
    Sunny15 (DE) #9 baby boy born 24/4/14
    TeamPanda #8 baby girl born 21/4/14
    MusicalGal #4 baby boy born 7/3/14
    Twocam #1 baby boy born 19/1/14
    Chook11 #6 baby boy born 15/1/14
    Smileygirl #1 baby girl born ?/13
    JoJoD #10 baby boy born 12/12/13
    Bongley - #4 baby boy born 11/12
    Wannabb - twins born 2012
    Micca (DE) #3 baby girl born 2011 and #11 baby born 18/1/14
    Ertgirl #3 baby boy born 2012?
    Cyd #10 baby boy born 2011?
    Killarneygirl #1 baby girl born ?
    Dextersmum #2 baby girl born ?
    Angels4Me #1 baby boy born /12
    Octoberbaby2010 #2 baby born 20/9/10 and #8 baby born 19/4/14
    GNH #1 baby girl born 2010 and #3 baby boy born 2012

Not on Bubhub anymore
    GnH #8 - ICSI start 17/11, EPU 12/12, not on BH since 12/14
    Smileygirl #4 - (5 frosties), ?x5dt, EDD /15, not on BH anymore
    Angelmama74 - #6 (DE SA) EDD 19/11/14 , not on BH since 5/14
    Dextersmum # 4 ? eggs, BT 29/8, not on BH since 8/14
    StillHope - #12 researching DE Thailand, not on BH since 6/14
    MrsMac123 - #2 ? , not on BH since 7/14
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 18-02-2015 at 17:43.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (17-02-2015),Summer  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal40 View Post
    @Butterfly39 that's spectacular numbers!! You must be so happy!

Thanks for the updates @mgcbertie , all I can say is I hope to be making similar posts to you in 5 weeks. It's so lovely to read ������

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app
    We are happy, but I always feel doomy now when something good happens, as things can go to crap so quickly in this game... I'm worried none will be normal, I'm turning 42 in a few months,...

But I'm hoping for some valentines luck this time ���������������� �������
    @Skyler we should get an update tomorrow, and daily. Skyler you just have to dig deep and hang in there as this could be the golden egg, just imagine it isn't 'unknown' - there's a good chance, > 50% that it's normal! and if it is, it's got an even better chance of taking as you know for pgd normal embies. This could be your baby hence they are transferring it, you've got to give this embie a good solid go mate. I think its great you're getting support. Have a massage or walk on the beach, and get back in the zone if u can. This embie could be it. Give it a good chance.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 17-02-2015 at 21:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're right Butterfly, they don't transfer dud blasties. If I'm doing this I've got to get my head right. Ivf just throws so many curve balls. Thanks for the pep talk.

Can understand the gloomy feeling with good news, I was the same, 'yay lots of eggs', then 'yay I got 3 to blast' then my underlying worry is they could all be bad. But my Embryologist told me directly, even at 42, if you can get them to blast, some will be normal. It's just a numbers game and a matter of how many cycles you can go through emotionally and financially. Same with you Butterfly, if you keep getting this many eggs, there has to be a good one amongst them at some stage. So do you have 16 frosties already?(as per the roll call).

Hi to everyone else!
    Last edited by Skyler; 18-02-2015 at 06:22.