+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,389
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked
    885
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Pizza base recipes please

    There have been some excellent pizza topping threads on bubhub. Now I am looking for some pizza base recipes. I have tried a few and the best one so far that I have found is a jamie oliver one. It's still not as nice as the pizzerias, doesn't have the same chewiness. I also use pizza stone and heat cranked way up to 250C.

    So can you please share your pizza base recipe and any tips and tricks. Thanks !

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    1,216
    Thanked
    2,134
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine is so simple!
    Mix 1 cup of warm water with 1 teaspoon of yeast and 1 teaspoon of caster sugar, let that sit for 10 minutes

    Then mix 1 cup of plain flour and 1 of wholemeal with a good pinch of salt and a tablespoon or so of olive oil.

    Then mix/knead all together for about 5 minutes and then let rise for about an hour in a bowl covered in glad wrap.

    This will make 2 super big family pizzas rolled thin. I also use a "docker" to poke holes in it so it doesn't balloon

    Also, when cooking pizzas I do one at a time as they cook way better

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

    Jontu  (14-11-2014)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mortlake, VIC
    Posts
    1,672
    Thanks
    444
    Thanked
    831
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    1 cup of natural yoghurt and one cup of self raising flour plus flour to roll and that's it's - delicious and healthy!

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

    79me  (14-11-2014),Jontu  (14-11-2014),NurseAnni  (14-11-2014)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,389
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked
    885
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    1 cup of natural yoghurt and one cup of self raising flour plus flour to roll and that's it's - delicious and healthy!
    Thanks. I have used similar recipe for making naan bread but have yet to try for pizza. Sounds nice and easy!

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,389
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked
    885
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Mine is so simple!
    Mix 1 cup of warm water with 1 teaspoon of yeast and 1 teaspoon of caster sugar, let that sit for 10 minutes

    Then mix 1 cup of plain flour and 1 of wholemeal with a good pinch of salt and a tablespoon or so of olive oil.

    Then mix/knead all together for about 5 minutes and then let rise for about an hour in a bowl covered in glad wrap.

    This will make 2 super big family pizzas rolled thin. I also use a "docker" to poke holes in it so it doesn't balloon

    Also, when cooking pizzas I do one at a time as they cook way better
    Thanks. I was in a rush today and only left dough to rise half hour, wonder if that makes a difference. Do u use any particular brand of flour? I have read that high protein is best.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    1,216
    Thanked
    2,134
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    Thanks. I was in a rush today and only left dough to rise half hour, wonder if that makes a difference. Do u use any particular brand of flour? I have read that high protein is best.
    I use the bakers choice one. If you're in a rush, heat the oven to a low temp, open the door and put the bowl/dough on the door while open speeds up the process

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

    Jontu  (14-11-2014)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10,342
    Thanks
    3,255
    Thanked
    6,283
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,389
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked
    885
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I use the bakers choice one. If you're in a rush, heat the oven to a low temp, open the door and put the bowl/dough on the door while open speeds up the process
    I think i use the same flour, wallaby brand right? I covered the dough with wet tea towel then left outside bc it was a really hot day 39C! Do u let it rise again after rolling out? I just can't seem to get the dough perfect...

  12. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mortlake, VIC
    Posts
    1,672
    Thanks
    444
    Thanked
    831
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    Thanks. I have used similar recipe for making naan bread but have yet to try for pizza. Sounds nice and easy!
    It is and there's no waiting around for dough to rise, it's ready to use straight away.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

    Jontu  (15-11-2014)

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    936
    Thanks
    651
    Thanked
    377
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've only ever made pizza from scratch once and I used sweet potato as the base. It turned out pretty good! Here's the recipe I used
    http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Swee...Pizza-34690943

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

    Jontu  (15-11-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Dubbo Base Hospital
    By Janet2850 in forum Seeking a Maternity Hospital
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 18:52
  2. Hamilton Base Hospital?
    By CountryLovin in forum Seeking a Maternity Hospital
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 14:15
  3. Your ultimate pizza with 4 or less toppings?
    By Mod-Degrassi in forum Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 13-02-2014, 08:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and Broadway
Pregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. Pregnancy back and pelvic pain. Also, we treat postnatal and women of all ages. Incontinence, prolapse, sexual and pelvic pain.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!