+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do you celebrate your wedding anniversary?

As the title says, how do you celebrate your wedding anniversary? I was really slack this year and didn't do anything, now I have the guilts (self inflicted) that I should have done something

Thanks
    Reviews
    We get each other a card and write nice things in it and sometimes we've gone out to dinner but that was pre kids mainly as we've got no family/babysitters so we just have a nice take away meal after the kids go to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We either go away for the weekend and/or I make DHs favourite meals with cheesecake for dessert

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

DH and I don't usually buy gifts but we always give a nice card to each other. Every now and then I will get flowers/roses but that's not every year. We do though, book a degustation (7+ courses) dinner somewhere new each year and treat ourselves to a beautiful dinner out just the two of us. It can be pricey but once a year it's our little treat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So far, by being heavily pregnant on our 1st anniversary and having a baby with tonsillitis on our 2nd haha. Hoping to at least try to go out for dinner for our 3rd which is next month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    By going on a holiday

Thanks
    Reviews
    For our first two pre kids we went away with the second year also a sort of babymoon, our 3rd a movie and last year a nice dinner. We had planned to organise a holiday for our 5th this year but bub was only 6 weeks old and hubby had just gone back to work so didn't want to ask for time off so we did dinner without our older dd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We gave each other cards and he gave me roses for all the number of years up-to 25 years. Now we are married 31 years and are taking things much slower.

Thanks
    Reviews

They have an awesome buffet at the hotel where we got married so we go there and have lunch as close as possible to the date. First year we did it I was pregnant, second year we took DS and this year it will be DS and a very young DD. One year we would like to stay a day or two, and maybe make a little holiday of it with family or friends, but might have to wait until the kids are older.

I would like for us to always celebrate it as a family, I think it would make a nice little family tradition and I think it would be nice to make up more traditions as we go along
    Last edited by Eilonwy; 14-11-2014 at 18:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Usually go out for dinner and a little gift. It was our fourth anniversary yesterday but ds2 is too little to leave yet so we had a date at home on the front landing. I made a big antipasto platter, had my fave wine and DH fave beer. DH boughten flowers and a massage voucher, I bought him a tie the colours of Tom Baker's Doctor Who scarf and paid for all the dinner stuff.