+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    'I must be the most selfish person on the planet, spending all my money on overseas trips, a home for my children and a new car seems like a much better option than paying $500 for someone who doesn't even like me to come to ny wedding'

You said you didnt attend the hens, the wedding, so your not out of pocket for anything. Its your choice if you want to go and celebrate her pregnancy, but given you haven't attended any other functions im betting shes already expecting you to decline.
    Last edited by heplusme; 15-11-2014 at 09:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    lol I think the $250 per person wasn't just for the OP, it was for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    lol I think the $250 per person wasn't just for the OP, it was for everyone.
    I know that but given the attitude towards it (not just the OP) it kind of justifys it even more to me that people should pay for themselves if they want to be apart of something, if they dont, they shouldnt be there anyway

I guess it shows you who your true friends are!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    @kiwimum890, how well do you know this family friend? If you've dodged out on most of their recent events (as would I given their unreasonably monetary expectations of guests), I'm just wondering why she'd even invite you except for the gift. If she hasn't acknowledged your baby announcement, I wouldn't acknowledge her baby shower invitation...but I'm a cow lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like you maybe a little jelous of their lavish lifestyle and are perhaps unfairly holding a grudge and making incorrect assumptions? Eg perhaps they had their overseas holiday planned for ages, were genuinely short of money afterwards? Perhaps they haven't acknowledged your birth notice card yet as ... The chick is pregnant and has a lot on her mind at the moment, especially if she is working outside the home as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    The not even sending a card when the OP's own kids were born is probably what makes it so off. If you did not acknowledge the birth of someone's kids with even a card of congratulations, why would you invite them to your baby shower unless it was a gift grab?
    Maybe shes not the card sending type. I mean it is 2014... No one keeps cards or appreciates them. They get opened up and chucked to the side. What a waste of time and paper! She may have said congrats when bumping into the OP...that and a big hug means more then a $4 card surely....

Im sad that happy events like this have to be all about "who spent what on me first".

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel like that fact you've been invited to quite a few significant events, and vice versea to them, that neither of you have attended shows the level of friendship. There clearly isn't one.

Just decline when you get the invite. 'Thank you for the invite, however I'm unfortunately unable to attend. Have a lovely day' should suffice. Rather than be bitter about going, buying a present, and likely posting a thread afterwards discussing how ungrateful the lady was. (Which may or may not be the truth).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    Maybe shes not the card sending type. I mean it is 2014... No one keeps cards or appreciates them. They get opened up and chucked to the side. What a waste of time and paper! She may have said congrats when bumping into the OP...that and a big hug means more then a $4 card surely....

Im sad that happy events like this have to be all about "who spent what on me first".
    Sorry, I did not realise sending a card was so old school!

I like sending cards with a nice message in them acknowledging important events in people's lives. I guess I am a bit retro like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Can you imagine the thread on BH... "I put on a lovely baby shower and one of my guests only bought me a pair of socks, how stingy is that!".
    Haha! They were from Seed, so pretty cute and they're actual the best ones we have, he can't kick them off!

I also kept all my cards from our engagement, wedding, when we lost our daughter and when we had DS . I love getting and sending cards, it's sad that it happens less and less now @NoteToSelf.

I liked what somebody said on the other thread, that there are so many reasons why somebody does something the way they do and 99% of the time they aren't being rude or horrible. Life gets in the way sometimes. I have a few unwritten cards sitting on a shelf that I bought for people ages ago but keep forgetting to write in them. I also have two cards I wrote in a couple weeks ago but keep forgetting to get stamps. And don't get me started on the 50 thank yous/baby announcements I had made months ago and still haven't written and sent off! Not one card am I trying to be rude, selfish or ungrateful. I haven't slept more than a two hour block for months and my brain is fried, my memory is non-existent. Perhaps I should take this moment now!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

DailyDiversion  (15-11-2014)

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post

I'm clearly not the norm!
    I keep and display birthday cards for ages.
    I sent thank you cards/notes for every gift we got for DS within a couple of weeks of receiving the gift.
    I've kept all the cards we received when DS was born.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (16-11-2014)