+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Paleo- oh yeah!

Does anyone else follow a Paleo diet?

I've always had weight and food issues and when I had my 1st child at only 17 I put on 40kg! I cruised along until I was pregnant with my 3rd and I ended up with severe gallstones. I had to go on a no fat diet and in 6 months I lost over 20kg. Although the weight came off I felt terrible, always tired and lethargic, cranky, irritable and craved the foods that I couldn't have so badly! I had the gallstones removed in 2012 and went back to eating like I was before and put all the weight back on and then some. Since then i've had really bad stomach problems, reacting to the food that I ate.

Three months ago I discovered and started the Paleo diet and it was a major lightbulb moment. I no longer have ANY stomach problems, I feel light and healthy, I don't get tired in the afternoons anymore and don't need coffee or V to give me energy. The weight is very steadily starting to come off and i've lost 8kg. I don't calorie count or have to weigh my portions. I no longer crave fast food or treats with refined sugar in them and i'm never hungry. I can happily sit next to someone eating pizza or macdonalds and not get cranky because i feel like i'm missing out.

I'd love to hear other's Paleo/ HFLC journeys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What do you eat in a normal day? I need to try and reduce my carbs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im a big fan of the Paleo lifestyle. I ate Paleo before falling pregnant with my DD but i lost my willpower and pretty much ate my weight in sugar and bread.. DD is 2 weeks old and im keen to get back on track when i settle into being a new mum Keep it up, it really does make you feel fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbug View Post
    What do you eat in a normal day? I need to try and reduce my carbs!
    My average day is scrambled egg cooked in coconut oil with tomatoes, onion, spinnach, mushrooms, plus some sort of meat (chicken, chorizo, salami etc)

Lunch is chicken or lamb and salad. Sometimes I fry up some some cooked sweet potato with garlic and add that to the salad too.

I don't eat dinner every day as im not always hungry but I paelo-ise normal meals. I have Pete Evans' book "family food" and it's really great. The nasi goreng and butter chicken in it is really yummy!

I do eat treats and love to bake but nowadays the treats are healthy and use coconut flour, dates, almond meal, maple syrup etc.

I don't feel like food is ruling me like it was before.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babalooba For This Useful Post:

Neeka  (14-11-2014),PomPoms  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have always wanted to try this but I'm vego and it just seems really difficult to follow both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I eat LCHF most of the time.

We don't own scales so I am not sure how my weight loss is going. I have been doing LCHF except for the last two days for about 3-4 weeks now. I have done it previously and lost weight, but got slack and the carbs started sneaking back in. I don't count calories or macros.

I have noticed I get less headaches and don't have bloating when I eat LCHF. I use a lot of paleo recipes but change them slightly.

I struggle with the amount of fat and full cream milk. If I eat a lot of fat I am throwing up. So I am increasing my fat intake slowly. I also can't eat eggs, so finding something for breakfast has been interesting. There are days where the thought of fat and meat is enough to send me dry retching, but I am trying to stick with it as I feel so much better.

What sort of things are you eating?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love this post. I miss paleo soo much. Hubby and I both do it, have done for about 4 years but I have had to stop since getting prego and severe MS - all I can stomach is total opposite of paleo lol.

I can't wait to get back to it when bub arrives!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babalooba I eat a paleo diet.

I love it! I was doing a comp prep before I fell pregnant. I was in the gym 2 times a day and following a strict diet I lost about 10kgs. I was weighing all my food, doing mass food preps for the week.
    Unfortunately I dealt with really bad morning/all day sickness and couldn't eat what I would normally eat.
    Long story short, I am 9 weeks postpartum and I am back on the band wagon and back in the gym 4 days a week.

It's amazing how great you feel cutting out all that crap. I do however allow myself a treat meal once a week to keep me sane.

This is what my kitchen looks like on a Sunday. That is my food for 7 days not including breakfast
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeka View Post
    @babalooba I eat a paleo diet.

I love it! I was doing a comp prep before I fell pregnant. I was in the gym 2 times a day and following a strict diet I lost about 10kgs. I was weighing all my food, doing mass food preps for the week.
    Unfortunately I dealt with really bad morning/all day sickness and couldn't eat what I would normally eat.
    Long story short, I am 9 weeks postpartum and I am back on the band wagon and back in the gym 4 days a week.

It's amazing how great you feel cutting out all that crap. I do however allow myself a treat meal once a week to keep me sane.

This is what my kitchen looks like on a Sunday. That is my food for 7 days not including breakfast
    Wow your prep looks amazing! Is it stuff that needs freezing or is it ok in the fridge? What kind of meals do you make?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following along. That prep looks great! My husband eats a mostly paleo diet. I also feed my son a kinda paleo diet (lots of good proteins and fats, no processed crap or refined sugar and very few grains). Most people think it's a very odd way to feed a baby/toddler but I couldn't disagree more!!!

I find my thermomix is a huge help with is way of eating. Do you guys have a thermi?

I wish I ate as well as I feed the rest of my family but I am pregnant and all I want to eat it cheese and bread/pasta/sugar! Argh feel so guilty but I'm sure I'll do better when I can.

Xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (17-11-2014)