+ Reply to Thread

Talking Diploma in community services

Hey all, a friend and I are looking at Jumping into the diploma of community services.
    We're currently halfway through cert IV with another 12 months to go. with all the changes to the fees and not really wanting to study for a year longer than we have to we're seriously considering jumping ahead.
    We're already at Tafe and will do the diploma through Tafe.. Our current teachers want everyone to finish the Cert IV before going onto the diploma however we do have the pre-requisites already.
    The new Tafe we're looking at are more than happy to take us. we kinda get the feeling the teachers want to keep the numbers up in cert IV so they keep jobs etc (which I understand).
    A few questions.
    How have people found the workload?
    Is it worth jumping ahead or should we finish cert IV?
    ANY other advice if possible
    Thanks in advance

I did cert 3 followed by diploma. I would definitely just jump to diploma! The workload was manageable, (though this was pre kids) as long as you keep up with assignment it's a very doable amount of work.

Similar Threads

1. Diploma of Community Services via Correspondence?
    By nim1981 in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 27-03-2014, 12:21
  2. Diploma in counselling
    By Patience Belmont in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 19:55
  3. Diploma childrens Services
    By liselle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-12-2013, 07:14