+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, sure did. My son was never as bad as my daughter thank goodness. She used to kick the walls so hard I thought she would put holes in them! (I can't remember her ever kicking the windows though)
    I also just remembered something that happened for me. Once when my daughter was acting up, I went and sat in her room next to her and cried. Tears ********* down my face. Little miss asked me why I was crying, and I explained that everytime she acted like this, it hurt my heart. It seemed to change her attitude from angry to sad...and I would go and give her a big hug and all would be good again?!?! (Never can tell what emotion I get from her) Now, sometimes if she starts to act up, I tell her to remember about my heart and how much it hurts when she is like that...and it changed her attitude pretty quick. Maybe something that you could try??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Help 7yr old girls behaviour!

What about giving yourself time out when you think your going to lose it? Lock yourself in the bathroom and have a long shower where you can't hear her screaming for 20 mins... Pull yourself together then go and try again when your calmer and more controlled... My kids are a lot younger than yours but when I feel myself starting to lose it, this helps me.
    Last edited by RipperRita; 14-11-2014 at 21:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I am positive I'm going to be able to make a change she might need to be a calmer parent I just really hate being this horrible mum! Today I just held her door shut and said I won't have you talk to me like that and won't have bad behaviour in the house, so we didn't have as half of a bad day as normal, I want to be more positive so I've been trying to reinforce positivity towards her (gee you look beautiful) (I love you) etc etc just more positive which I guess I've struggled with as it's been so negative and I loose it she looses it and it's just a never win win! If anyone has any other suggestions on ways to deal with bad behaviour I'd love to hear them too thankyou! I have a 1yr old and 4yr old so I still have to be able to look after them also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is an old thread but I wonder how things are now? Did you find a technique that works? Some of what you describe is so close to what I sometimes experience with my dd age 8. It's the challenge of knowing what to do during the blow ups that I struggle with, the actual practicalities.
    I have no answers but if you are still having issues we could trade stories?