+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default am i been silly???

Hi, I am new here. I posted a couple of days ago, but don't know of I posted in the right section or not.

Firstly, I must say I suffer from bad anxiety which is now in process of been treated by the Dr. I make habit of picking a certain situation and focusing on that event and worrying constantly.
    Well for the past two weeks I have been thinking back to when my little girl was five months old, she wouldn't settle one night. So I slept downstairs with her , she was in her Moses basket style pram. Through lack of sleep etc, I shook her pram hard, side to side for two seconds. It's the only time ever I had done that.
    Now I'm worrying .. Could this cause shaken baby syndrome?? Or is it caused by different movement? I got told shaken baby syndrome is where their head goes back and forth really fast.
    Could head going side to side cause this too? She was laid flat inside her pram.

The thing is, she is now three years old, happy and healthy. I don't know why I am focusing on this right now.

Comments will be appreciated.

No bashing please, as I already stated I suffer anxiety. I know it is prob something silly I am worrying about.

Thank you

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I read (and postedi think) in your other thread - I am sure you are worried about nothing.

If your baby really was suffering from shaken baby syndrome she would have shown lots of signs straight away. Not 3 years later.

being a parent is so hard - we worry about so much .. especially if you have anxiety issues anyway. Try not to be so hard on yourself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    May I suggest you get a piece of paper and write up a table with two columns. One listing the signs of baby shaken syndrome (non responsive, sleepy, etc) and the other-side of the column listing the signs of not having shaken baby syndrome (healthy, active etc). When you feel anxious, look at the list and reassure yourself that she doesn't have baby shaken syndrome because she doesn't display the signs and is happy, healthy and learning fine.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 13-11-2014 at 22:22.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (13-11-2014),azelqra  (14-11-2014),BH-KatiesMum  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you to the both of you for your replies. Anxiety is a horrible thing to go through, if I aren't worrying about one thing, I am worrying about something else. She is a happy, healthy clever three year old now 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I think I read your other thread but didn't reply. The easy answer to your question is "yes, you're being silly" BUT anxiety doesn't work in a rational way like that. Even if logically, you say "well that's unlikely", it doesn't stop you from worrying obsessively about it. I really like the idea of writing down the signs and having something logical to look at when the worrying gets too much. Anxiety is bad enough but mummy guilt makes it a hundred times worse but there are incredibly good odds that your daughter is fine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (14-11-2014)