So here are the things to consider:
- It took a lot of effort to get to this point and breastfeeding is now fairly easy. I'm enjoying BFing and am proud of myself for getting this far (16wks)
- DS is not gaining a lot of weight. It's not dire but he's slowly dropping down the chart and his weekly average gain is just below what is considered "ok"
- He's just been diagnosed with CMPI so to continue breastfeeding I have to cut out all dairy and possibly soy as well. It's a lot harder than it sounds, there are milk solids in everything!!
- he feeds every 2 hours, sometimes more, so that can make things difficult at times
- I have mild PND, mostly triggered by this constant battle to breastfeed successfully
- there are suitable formulas for him if we decide to switch to FF (which is what we did with DD, her CMPI was worse though)
Would you persevere with BF? Is there really that much benefit to continuing breastfeeding beyond this point? Would if be selfish to stop??