+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have three girls to my exh, we are both olive skinned , brown eyed, and dark haired. Two of our daughters are of similar colouring to us, and one is fair, blue eyed and blond. Genetics is a funny thing, we don't always have to look like either of our parents, sometimes there's a throw back you don't expect. It doesn't mean bubs isn't yours just because they don't resemble you, I would put the colouring down to this and just concentrate on loving your baby as your own.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't find out. For me, I could say all I wanted that it would not change anything but you really can't know until you're in that position. If it resulted that he was not your son, what next? Imagine having to give him up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope4Baby View Post
    I'll have to look up those books
    They are called 'inconceivable' by Carolyn and Sean Savage and 'misconception' by Shannon and Paul Morell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have read both books too. They are very interesting reading, especially seeing it from both sides.

The Savage family (the ones who gave the baby to the biological parents) went on to have twins with a surrogate. Today they welcomed a new boy as well which is a miracle natural baby conceived when the mum was 45(??). So happy for them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can do PGD testing on your embryos to determine DNA. They would have to be thawed, biopsied and sent to the US.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I did ivf I was really scared theyd have a lab error. I think its pretty impossible but.
    I have 4 bio kids and they all look so different. Including 2 olive kids which I assume is a throw back somewhere

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would probably consider genetic testing but I think I would keep results to myself as I wouldn't want to risk losing my child.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (24-04-2015),ourbradybunch  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I had those concerns I would get testing. Then seek legal advice before I did anything further and assess things as a family.

It would not change how I felt regarding my love for my child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I would not want to know. I think that suing a clinic or any action taken would have irreversible implications such as having the child removed. And what if your DS found out you sued the clinic that gave him to you? It could seriously damage his emotional well being.

A colleague of mine has 4 girls, all dark features & tanned except for one who has red hair & blue eyes. My parents are Indian & Maori and I am as pasty as they come. DFs family are blonde and blue eyed and he is always being asked if he is Greek - don't let that be the deciding factor regarding the DNA of your child as skin/hair colour & features are not a simple science.

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So many questions and possible outcomes for you and your family to consider. Absolute minefield either way, if you don't ask, can you cope with the ongoing 'what if's'? Only you can answer that one.

Errors do happen, there was a woman on here a few years back who was taking action because the IVF Clinic DID mix up her eggs and another womans eggs in the lab after egg collection. The thread was removed due to legal action at the time.

Regardless of your final decision, you clearly love your by to pieces no matter what the outcome is.

x