Hey all
    Currently 9w5d pregnant
    24/7 sickness
    Eczema is out of control
    Not sleeping
    Still working because I can't afford not to
    Grumpy 24/7
    I'm just so over it and feeling somewhat resentful
    I'm trying to quit smoking on top of all this which is adding extra stress and seriously I just can't cope and im not even halfway
    Help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Big hugs, for some of us pregnancy isnt at all easy.. I didn't find the first or last trimester at all nice.
    Have you gone to see your gp about the eczema? Perhaps theres an alternative to steriod cream? Im not too sure what can be used etc.. hopefully they can give you something.
    I was also extremely grumpy and cranky in my first trimester with DD in face im surprised DP didn't pack up and leave and was also working, its definitely a big struggle but it does get easier.. you're almost past the yuck stage keep going it does get better. You're almost at the "happy hormones" stage so hang in there
    I also totally understand the giving up smoking its so hard it made me feel more stressed too. It will all be worth it when you are holding your beautiful baby.
    I don't have any real advice as such.. but there is a light at the end of the tunnell

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously could just cry all day

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    See your GP... I had a horrible time with my first pregnancy and needed to take 2. Zofran tablets a day until 18w, I then dropped to 1 until 22w after that my ms settle to a bearable level.
    I remember that horrible feeling you have, it will pass. Go see what your options are to help relieve some of the discomfort.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you're having a hard time. I struggled too with sickness and depression. Please speak to a midwife/ob/gp and get some help. It doesn't need to be like this. Do you have a supportive partner?
    Also for eczema have you tried washing with Pinetarsol? It's excellent for my ds and my sil uses it too. Hope things improve

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have zofran as im allergic to all the others it's not helping

My dr won't put my on any cortisone or steroid creams and just said to use over the counter
    Plus... Apparently I can't even take an antithistamine

So unfair grrr
    I should be grateful that I have a healthy growing bub!!!! (I mean I am and I'm excited and happy)
    But omgggg I can't take this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Massive hugs. Pregnancy can be extremely hard, believe me I understand what you are going through. As pp said, it will get easier as it all settles down a bit. I don't know if it would be helpful to you but I use Caroline's cream on my sons eczema and that has helped him a great deal. Just a thought? Stay strong OP, you can do this. It's not forever and just remember that you will have a beautiful little bub at the finish line best wishes OP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a few antihistamines that are safe to take. I had awful hayfever and my GP looked into it for me then I double checked with pharmacist and got the all clear. I can't remember the name sorry. Talk to your pharmacist.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sm11 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dancinjude have you tried zinc for your skin? I suffered from horrific eczema for years (pregnancy was the only time it was actually reasonable) until I discovered I was zinc deficient. Might be worth a try.

Big hugs, crappy skin on top of yucky pregnancy stuff sucks big time 😞

Raising our three boys to be beautiful young men because the world needs more good men