+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just sucking at my job today.

Don't know if I should be posting here or not. Just having a real downer and need to put it out there. I yelled at dd1 today for waking the baby, it is the one thing that just snaps me immediately. She hasn't done it for ages, so I thought I'd got through to her. I just lost it, she laughs most of the time when I yell, but that was just making it worse today, I made her listen and held her there. I calm myself to tell her yes mum is angry, and this is why. She tells me to stop talking, then wants to watch a DVD. Of course that was a no, I sat her on a mat to stay for a min, while I got baby, I come out and she peed on the carpet on purpose. Ugh. I didn't react to that. She also doesn't stop playing with her self or put clothes on at home, we had visitors today and she fought me on the nappy, it stayed on for 5 min before she took it off, then was quite happy to spread eagle and explore. Ugh. I had a convo later about when that's ok, and that its a private thing. I just feel so pathetic talking to her, like my words are useless, there's no conviction in me. Shes testing the crap out of me more lately, and I just feel depleted. I feel like I'm just barely doing my job, that I'm doing a sucky mum job . And I feel like dd knows it. Sometimes I say nothing because I'm so scared whatever I say will just make things worse. Low day. Thanks for the space to vent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How old is the baby, I think your DD may be acting out because suddenly all attention is not on her. Sorry I don't have advice but just wanted to say you don't sick at being a mom, kids just can't express their feelings well and sometime they do it by acting out. My DD has been acting out lately doing everything I tell her not to, eg tiday she went in fridge got some yogurts I save for school lunch basically opened them ans put the yogurt in a container....so not that she needed to eat but cos she knows it will upset me. I know she is just trying to get attention, I study full time and have exams so all my time has been spent on studying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks hersnhers, the baby is 9 months now, that makes sense as baby has started to become a bit more demanding of me. We are not alone . It's just so hard to focus in the moment behind the behavious instead of the behaviour itself, if that makes sense.