+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    My sister was living in a garden flat in someone's family home. The family owned a big dog. One day I arrived at the same time there was an open home as they were putting it up for sale. As I was walking through the garden to the flat there were lots of people looking over the balcony and out of the kitchen windows. Out of nowhere came the big dog, knocked me over and began humping me. I couldn't get up and began trying to crawl away with the dog on my back. People were in tears laughing and I was just in tears. I was mortified and not one person came to help! I eventually managed to pull myself up by holding onto a downpipe but I sliced my leg in the process. WORST moment in my life.
    I nearly cried reading that. Omg how awful for you!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I was in high school, I was shopping with my BFF. She was looking at something to buy and picked it up. We kept browsing and she saw something else and asked me to hold her purse. We browsed for a little longer, then went to the register and she asked me for her purse....I didn't have it. We retraced our steps through the store, looked on all the shelves, checked every square inch of floor then eventually headed out to go to centre management to report it as lost and check if it had been handed in. As we were walking (about 2o minutes had passed) I went to adjust my bag on my shoulder and became aware I was clutching something under my arm........ It was her purse. 20 years later she still asks me to check under my arm when she can't find things.
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 12-11-2014 at 21:17.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

McBecks  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my dd2 was a newbie I did the shopping with dp. We had dd2 in the pram and put her at the end of the checkout while we put the groceries through and paid for them. We both then walked away with the trolley deep in conversation. It was only when people starting yelling out "excuse me..is this your baby" that we realised we had left sleeping dd2 at the checkout. ..parents of the year right here. It's funny now but at the time I was hysterical wondering how I could forget my own baby!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to meljemillie For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I parked mine in the city one morning for work & then caught the train home... Didn't realise till I got to the train car park when I suddenly remember where I had actually parked my car! Had to catch the train all the way back to the city, I was over 2hrs late home that day!
    I've done this too. Only I couldn't be shagged going all the way back in on the train so got a taxi home!

Another night I got the wrong bus home except didn't realise until the final stop as I fell asleep. It was a shock to wake up and have NO IDEA where I was. Turns out I was about 35 kms from home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    I've done this too. Only I couldn't be shagged going all the way back in on the train so got a taxi home!

Another night I got the wrong bus home except didn't realise until the final stop as I fell asleep. It was a shock to wake up and have NO IDEA where I was. Turns out I was about 35 kms from home!
    When I was much younger & less responsible I fell asleep on the train after a day visiting wineries & ended up back at the depo... Had to wait on the train till it started up again, about 15 mins... I rang BIL in a panic cause I had no idea where I was until the driver discovered me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I once looked around and asked where DS2 was whilst I was breastfeeding him...

"Insert witty signature here"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I left my house keys on the roof of the car after strapping all the kids in and went out...the keys slid off and were gone so I was locked out. My youngest was a baby and needed her formula so I thought I'd climb through the toilet window as I had done many times before. The window was up high as the house was split level and once I got up there and pushed the screen out, I got half way in then got stuck! I'd put on weight and had another baby since the last time I did it lol. Baby was crying hungry and the young kids where worried that I was going to be there forever...but I managed to get back down after a good half an hour and drove to dh's work to get his keys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not long after I had my third child I met up with a friend at maccas for a coffee so our little ones could play In the playground. It's a tiny, fully enclosed area. My baby was asleep In the pram and my 13 month old was toddling around, she came to me and wanted to sit on my lap so whilst talking I grabbed her and sat her on my lap. I them looked in the playground and could see my DD1 but not DD2, I kept talking to my friend but also kept looking for dd2. I then said to my friend 'Can you see dd2?' She looked at me funny and didn't reply. I then felt a bit panicked and said again more abruptly 'can you see dd2?' To which she said 'ummm, she's on your lap'! We bother almost wet ourselves laughing, I had tears pouring down my face!

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So many funny ones ladies! Makes me feel very normal thank you

Last week I went to town to pick the kids up from school. Did the usual park/pram/prep-pick-up and waited at the car for the older two girls. Waiting waiting. A friend came along and we chatted, DD2 arrived, kept chatting. Friend asked why we were still there, I said waiting for DD1, checked the time and started to freak that she'd gotten on the bus home. Start mentally trying to calculate if I had time to drop one at gymnastics and make it home to catch the bus... Um.. Yeh, DD1 had stayed home that day with a headache. I'd dropped her at my parents place in town before I went to the school for pick-up :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    My auntie went for shopping at the local market, the one where people from village comes and sell their crops/goods. Her daughter was in pram, facing forward. On the way she (auntie) met a friend and stop for a moment for a chat, then went on. Some 200m later someone asked her why she is pushing an empty pram. Imagine the panic mode my auntie went in... It happened that during the chat, my cousin slid off the pram, sit near the pavement and started playing with twigs and flowers there. Luckily this is a small and quiet city, and most people know each other.

Me: not so long ago. Put soup on the stove, and put it on 2 (heating strenght) as I don't like burnt botoms of the food. Wanted just to reheat it, so it doesn't get spoiled.
    Then get myself and kids ready and... went out to Ikea. Yes, the place that takes a lot of time, besides I need to catch train and then walk. I went and came, and on my way back from the station I remembered. I started running with pram (2 sleeping kids inside), praying silently and looking in the air for smoke. As I arrived on the street I quieted a bit, as there was no firetruck in view and the building still stood intact. I flied the stairs, and came inside. Not even a strong smell, just my soup gone and become kind of very solid stew
    Now i check kitchen 3 times before heading out.