+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Short LP

So we've been ttc since last month. I noticed I had a 10 day LP last time I conceived but fell pregnant before I could worry.

I've just been monitoring my cycle which is 28 days which is fine but I have been doing OPKs this month for the first time an I am CD 19 and no positive yet...at the moment I may not even get 9 days which means I'm not going to get pregnant...

Does anyone have tips or gotten pregNant on short Lp. We have been really focused on BDing every 2nd day which had been hard work as my hubby is doing 2 jobs plus renovating at the moment... I feel defeated already like it's been for nothing...I have been taking a vitamin b complex anyway as I thought it couldn't hurt and my energy levels have been a bit low...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Short LP isn't an automatic prohibitor to falling pregnant, I had a 7-10 day LP and fell pregnant first try with DD and third month with this baby.

First time around I tried vitex for two months prior and it seemed to lengthen a day or two, and second time around nothing..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a lp of 10 days with my first. He's now 2.5 and am 31 weeks pregnant after having lp of only 8 days so it can happen... good luck

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitten82 For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks guys .. It's nice to have a little bit of hope. I thought I read somewhere that the egg needs at least 10 days and anything less will not be successful... Will just keep my fingers crossed this month and I suppose try vitex again if not successful by next year...

Congrats both of you with you belly bubs... Hopefully I can beat the odds like the both of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    So we've been ttc since last month. I noticed I had a 10 day LP last time I conceived but fell pregnant before I could worry.

I've just been monitoring my cycle which is 28 days which is fine but I have been doing OPKs this month for the first time an I am CD 19 and no positive yet...at the moment I may not even get 9 days which means I'm not going to get pregnant...

Does anyone have tips or gotten pregNant on short Lp. We have been really focused on BDing every 2nd day which had been hard work as my hubby is doing 2 jobs plus renovating at the moment... I feel defeated already like it's been for nothing...I have been taking a vitamin b complex anyway as I thought it couldn't hurt and my energy levels have been a bit low...
    Thanks for starting this thread Mel, I could have written the same thing! And thanks to the lovely ladies that replied. You're giving me hope

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sydney1980 For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So assumed I must have just missed it but woke up this morning cd 25 and lots of ewcm and a strong line (still not quite a positive) this was after having no line for a while...so thinking I'm either way off or ovulated twice...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had a short LP, often shorter than 10 days. We tried for 8 months and didn't have any luck, so i decided to try acupuncture. I had one session before my fertile period and it helped bring O forward by 2 days which allowed me a long enough LP and we successful that cycle.

You could also try taking vit b6 and vitex to help extend your lp.

Good luck