+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Christmas gifts

Looking for ideas on what to get my 7yr old daughter for Christmas as the large gift from us and also the late gift from Santa! We normally do a Santa sack full with bits and pieces (clothes,diaries pens paper,bubbles lollies) and then we get them a gift from mum and dad which is quite a big good gift and one from Santa! And I'm stuff for ideas for them so looking for inspiration thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Following for ideas for my nieces

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a 9yo DD and I find her to be difficult to buy a 'big gift' for, as she flits from fad toy to fad toy, so I'm reluctant to spend much on stuff that's just going to be wasted! Also we don't have the room.
    Anyway, last year she got a big craft box, with so much stuff in it; craft kits, cross stitches, friendship bracelet kits, paints, stamps, etc. She LOVES it and uses it a lot.
    Can't remember what I got her for other years though. She got a new bike one year because she needed one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are trying not to buy 'things' this year and focusing on activities instead.
    Ds8 is getting private coaching sessions for skateboarding. He likes to cruise around but wants to learn more. So hopefully that helps.
    We also thought about a surfing lesson or rock climbing.

Dd1 is getting swimming lessons.

But other options might be - horse riding, vouchers to spend at the video arcade, putt putt, tickets to a show or fav sport. Magazine subscriptions, movie tickets or maybe ice skating.
    : )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Piece of Jewellery - pandora bracelet, name necklace, locket etc with a special jewellery box
    Bedroom makeover - new doona cover, wall stickers, rug, lamp, bookcase with books or whatever
    Art desk or easel and art supplies. Maybe a nice set of derwent pencils.
    Outside toy - Bike, scooter, roller blades, basketball hoop
    Heelies shoes with the wheels in them
    Lego
    DS or Wii or similar with games
    if you can't think of one big thing do smaller things in a big box - like the craft box idea or heaps of good kids board games or a stack of books all wrapped individually in a big box
    iPod or CD player for her room
    Karaoke machine or cd player with microphone and a stack of karaoke cd's

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try to stay away from more grown up stuff iPads,iPods cameras etc! I don't feel personally that that's age appropriate for a 7yr old! I did think about getting her an instant Polaroid camera but I think I'll leave that! So far I have as followed

7yr old girl will get
    -beautiful new hutch desk (from mum and dad)
    - Santa sack full of diarys, headbands, clips and a few cheap kiddy makeup things and all new clothes undies socks togs pjs etc
    - a small gift each from her 2 brothers

4yr old boy will get
    - a tee ball set (from mum and dad)
    -Santa sack with nicknacks and clothes as well
    -small gift from brother and sister

1yr old boy will get
    -little tikes car ramp thing (from mum and dad)
    -Santa sack with clothes and couple other nicknacks
    -small gift from brother and sister

All three will get a combined bowling set and kinetic sand together either from mum and dad to them all or from Santa to them all

Does this sound like too little, for some reason I feel it's not enough, I'm sure it is I just worry so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    OP, what lovely presents, if anything, I'd say it's too much, but that's just me.

I usually stick to things I know will get used and appreciated for longer than a week after Christmas, so Id probably do away with the nicknacks TBH.

I've heard of the saying something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We vary on what we buy our kids each year. One year they will get a big present such as a bike and the next year they don't really need anything so they just get their stockings. It all depends. Have you thought about a guinea pig or rabbit?! I would love to get all three of our kids a small pet to love and care for. However our dog would try to eat them all the time I also love the tickets idea. We are buying our 6 year old movie tickets and our 8 yet old bowling tickets! They get way to much plastic stuff from relatives so I try to avoid it when I can. We are also getting them a beach pack with new beach towel, goggles & little pot of zinc cream. We get them a toy that they want then bits and pieces such as books, clothes, art supplies etc! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I just worry as almost everyone I know is buying iPads or iPod or something extravagant and I'm not into that, we have a wii but it barely ever gets touched I try to stay away from that sort of stuff! When I mention nicknacks it really only to fill the stocking and usually I just get books and pencils as they love that sort of stuff so I think it's very useful as well as the clothe is fills ALOT of the sack up thankfully, I'm more talking about the gifts from us (mum and dad) and if it's enough! Thanks for putting my mind at ease